+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

yes, right now I have contacts, and they are way better than glasses. For glasses, you always have to clean them, they get foggy, and they are such a pain! Contacts are better, but they have a few problems them selves. Like, if you get something in your eye, it hurts like hell! And you sometimes forget to take them off when you go to bed! As for Lasik surgery, I wish I had that! You dont have to worry about cleaning glasses, or getting things in your eye. And the surgery dosen't hurt! I can't wait until I come of age to get it! In other words, Lasik is the best way to go!

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I have both glasses and contacts. I tend to switch between them depending on what it is that I'm going to be doing. But for everyday I wear my glasses. Both are very comfortable to me. The contacts can become a pain when you get to tired and/or have allergies really bad. The rubbing of your eyes tends to mess with you and can cause your contact to fold in your eye or come out all together. Which then could be a pain to put back in. But in the case of the glasses you have the above mentioned smearing and cleaning. Both, in my oppion, are better than having a laser or someone cutting on your eye. I would suggest that, if you can, try the glasses and/or contacts first before you get the Lasik done. Atleast that way your can know for sure which way is the best for you.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Before I ask for opinions, let me give you a quick idea of what my situation is. For a long time I needed glasses (corrective lenses) and have been wearing it. I always hated wearing glasses because I could never find a good looking frame and on top of it I don't like the feeling of having something weighing down on my face.

For contacts, I never tried it. From what my friend told me he said you can't wear contacts for more than 12 hours a day which destroys the purpose for me. In addition it's bad for me once allergy season comes along, because I will rubbing my eyes like crazy...and I have heard stories about contacts rolling to the back of your eyes.

Finally Lasik (laser surgery). Keep hearing about how it's fast, painless, effective but at the same time I'm hearing your night vision will go down dramatically plus all that stuff about side effects later on.
    I would stick with glasses.

My eyes are not that bad (I'm farsighted, so I need lenses to help me see things close up), but I have glasses AND contacts. I wear contacts during the day (because I'll do things like fencing and activities where I don't want to worry about jostling my specs off), but I prefer my glasses, which I usually wear when I read or go online.

Everyone I know who has had Lasik has some kind of side effect or unpleasant experience; I wouldn't touch it.

A friend of mine (a very responsible, adult friend of mine who followed cleaning rules) once put in her contacts and began to feel a dull pain. It turns out that there had been an amoeba on one of her lenses, which had BURROWED INTO HER EYE!!!! She is now half blind.

As for glasses, they may get cumbersome sometimes, but are the best bet (in my humble opinion).

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    There's another method as well Legend. Lens implantation.
    Basically they take out your own eye lens and replace it with a synthetic one.
    I thought Lens implantation is done for people with cataracts. =P

My dad is an ophthalmologist and uses glasses himself. To me, glasses would be my first preference, then contacts, and then a laser eye surgery. But I wouldn't really go as far as surgery though, considering the complications, unless there is a dire need for it.

I have a 20/20 vision now.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

A friend of mine (a very responsible, adult friend of mine who followed cleaning rules) once put in her contacts and began to feel a dull pain. It turns out that there had been an amoeba on one of her lenses, which had BURROWED INTO HER EYE!!!! She is now half blind.
    How the hell do you get that? Ive been wearing contacts over 20 years, and am just so so on cleaning. I even use tap water to wash them.

When i was a kid I wore glasses and hated them. I hated you couldn't see 20/20 in all directions, and that dam slippage and nose pain. Once i got Contact it was heaven. 20/20 in full 360, and so dam comfortable. I did get stuff in them sometimes, but it wasnt that bad. Also i wear mine at least 12-14 hours a day with no problems.

I wouldn't mind getting lasik to avoid the contact rituals hassles, thought i hear for some it doesnt last forever. You have to get it done again.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    How the hell do you get that? Ive been wearing contacts over 20 years, and am just so so on cleaning. I even use tap water to wash them.

When i was a kid I wore glasses and hated them. I hated you couldn't see 20/20 in all directions, and that dam slippage and nose pain. Once i got Contact it was heaven. 20/20 in full 360, and so dam comfortable. I did get stuff in them sometimes, but it wasnt that bad. Also i wear mine at least 12-14 hours a day with no problems.

I wouldn't mind getting lasik to avoid the contact rituals hassles, thought i hear for some it doesnt last forever. You have to get it done again.
    I'll probably give contacts a try sooner later. But my question is how much of a hassle is it?? I know that you have to keep it in a solution at night...and how do you put it on with the finger?? Wouldn't that leave a fingerprint mark on the contact?? And yes, I agree the whole thing about the glasses not in 360 degrees. Especially if I have to look left or right one of the two eyes will not be looking through the lens but where my nose is.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I'll probably give contacts a try sooner later. But my question is how much of a hassle is it?? I know that you have to keep it in a solution at night...and how do you put it on with the finger?? Wouldn't that leave a fingerprint mark on the contact?? And yes, I agree the whole thing about the glasses not in 360 degrees. Especially if I have to look left or right one of the two eyes will not be looking through the lens but where my nose is.
    Wasnt that much of a hassle for me with the hard kind, it might be for the soft ones. I hear they tear easy. Yeah you just take them off a put them in a contact container, no biggie. Well common sense tells you you should clean your hands b4 handling them. For just general grease in your skin that usually gets washed off in the act of cleaning your lenses.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    I thought Lens implantation is done for people with cataracts. =P

My dad is an ophthalmologist and uses glasses himself. To me, glasses would be my first preference, then contacts, and then a laser eye surgery. But I wouldn't really go as far as surgery though, considering the complications, unless there is a dire need for it.

I have a 20/20 vision now.
    The lens implantation is actually a less severe operation than laser surgery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast