+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The lens implantation is actually a less severe operation than laser surgery.
    So what is the makeup of these lens?? Are they like a clear protein, or are they simply just melting a pair of contacts onto my eyes?? Well not literally but you get what I'm asking.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    So what is the makeup of these lens?? Are they like a clear protein, or are they simply just melting a pair of contacts onto my eyes?? Well not literally but you get what I'm asking.
    I must admit that I don't know what the lens is made of. My guess is that it's synthetic.

Newbie sunny12rms is off to a good start sunny12rms's Avatar
    Thanks

My dad had Lasik and it worked out just fine. I have contacts and glasses. I prefer my contacts. The time thing is a loose guideline easily avoided by using eye drops, but I don't know about the allergy thing. Ask your Optometrist about it though. It seems though that Lasik is your best choice.

oh and contacts are made out of silicon yeah weird huh?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Lasik surgery CAN blind you, and that's a risk I really don't want to take.

Always go with the most conventional option. It's just like braces, you know? Get metal braces because they're cheaper and they work faster, even though they're uglier. Likewise, get glasses because they'll be a lot cheaper in the long run (you don't have to keep buying new ones like you do with contact lenses...... unless you keep changing your frames, or you keep breaking your lenses), and they're probably the most risk-free, I'd say? Because even if you fall asleep with your glasses on, you won't wake up in the morning and have to dig stuff out from behind your eyeball (GOD, that's scary), and you don't have to worry about soaking your lenses, putting them in, taking them out, etc, etc.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Lasik surgery CAN blind you, and that's a risk I really don't want to take.

Always go with the most conventional option. It's just like braces, you know? Get metal braces because they're cheaper and they work faster, even though they're uglier. Likewise, get glasses because they'll be a lot cheaper in the long run (you don't have to keep buying new ones like you do with contact lenses...... unless you keep changing your frames, or you keep breaking your lenses), and they're probably the most risk-free, I'd say? Because even if you fall asleep with your glasses on, you won't wake up in the morning and have to dig stuff out from behind your eyeball (GOD, that's scary), and you don't have to worry about soaking your lenses, putting them in, taking them out, etc, etc.
    The bad news is your vision worsens with glasses, as compared to contacts. Actually with contact it stays the same, and in some cases ppls vision improves.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I myself am a glasses kinda guy. At first I hated them but now I'm use to them. I tried contacts and they suck, I couldn't stand them and I'm not old enough yet but I'm considering getting lasik in a couple of years.

Also this is a little random and it could be a fourth option for you. Its rare but they do offer eye braces. You wear them overnight for a week and then they mold your eye to having 20/20 vision. You have to do this about every six months and I don't know of anybody doing it but I saw it on the news once. Don't know if your interested just thought it might help.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    I myself am a glasses kinda guy. At first I hated them but now I'm use to them. I tried contacts and they suck, I couldn't stand them and I'm not old enough yet but I'm considering getting lasik in a couple of years.

Also this is a little random and it could be a fourth option for you. Its rare but they do offer eye braces. You wear them overnight for a week and then they mold your eye to having 20/20 vision. You have to do this about every six months and I don't know of anybody doing it but I saw it on the news once. Don't know if your interested just thought it might help.
    I forgot about that. I remember seeing that one the news as well. Its supposed to be new and effective. I don't know anyone who has done it or even tried it though. Its still too new to trust I think.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I have contacts and glasses both my choice of which one I'm wanting to wear. I've never heard of contacts that only last 12 hours only of ones that you can wear till you go to sleep or the ones my husband has where you can wear them for 2 weeks before having to take them out and change them for a new pair. As for them rolling to the back of your eyes that's is not true yes they may get caught in the corner of your eye but that is easy to remove. I honestly have the same problem Legend with the allergy thing but my contacts work fine all you have to do is instead of using your hand and rubbing hard on your eyelids is gently move your finger tips over your eyes.

As for glasses they are not that bad at weighing the face down I used to hate them believe it or not. Now even though I haven't found a pair that is just right for my face I enjoy the compliments that I have been given by wearing them.

In my honest opinion I believe that contacts would be the right choice for you if your not to certain about the lasik or the weight and look of glasses. Just ask your eye doctors about the contacts that you can keep in for 2 weeks and sleep in without having to take them out every night.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4