+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Global warming?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Global warming?

Ok, it is 6th of April and I wake up, look outside and guess what I see? SNOW! About 20 cm thick layer of snow on trees, houses, cars and grass.

This made me think about Global Warming. I think that all these extreme weather conditions are most likely connected to Global Warming and the climate changing all arouns the world. I think that soon we'll have to change our callendars and move winter a bit forward.
    I got very little snow in Christmas and I was in Latvia (far in the North) and in a rural area. But some got snow in Easter and I'm getting a 20 cm thick layer in April in London, UK!!! I really want to just go out and buy Christmas presents right now! In my opinion, this can not be normal.

But what do you think? That's why your here, isn't it? Do you even agree this is extreme weather? Maybe you don't believe in Global Warming at all? Are there other areas where you got snow when you shouldn't? Any other extreme weather?

link

link
    Last edited by Lasura; Apr 06, 2008 at 03:23 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Global warming?

I think if you don't belive in global warming your an idiot and can't wait to see your faces when the water rises above them and drowns you muhahaha, (oh..right..) Yep this is an issue that has been a problem for us ALL since early 2000 i belive, this is going to end most of us because of lack of space etc. those who get that space will be lucky. In my opinion it's a load of crap that because people are so selfish cannot be changed because of us we destroy what is needed, hey people wake up tommrow and enjoy the water flooding, the fear and the terror, soon the water and weather will strike back and take whoever it wants because really, we are all selfish bastards that don't diserve this earth, soon to feel our end.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Global Climate Change is the new de facto term among scientists...

Agree that this is extreme weather... Comparing the weather from 8 years ago and beyond, yes, I think there are some major weather changes happening around the world. We've been having droughts and more heat-related deaths in seasons when only a decade ago it'd be pounding with rain... The most extreme weather changes I can sense here in Southern California is just all the increased heat and heat periods.

I believe that Global Climate Change is being propelled to dangerous rates and points by humans. All the records temperatures and hurricanes are setting... Is it just coinciding with an era in human history where we're very industrialized? The climate changing of nature's own accord, I can handle. We can't and shouldn't really do much about that. We might just make ti worse. But then when everything is heating up, and flooding because of humanity, I think we should change something...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

The threat of global warming is a real issue......... t is clear from long-term temperature records that the world is warming....... it is becoming clear that human activities, mainly burning fossil fuels and deforestation, are part of the cause of this warming.......since these human activities are expected to continue into the foreseeable future, scientists predict that the earth will continue warming. The debate among scientists who study climate centers around questions like: How much warming? How fast will the earth warm? What will be the regional and seasonal patterns of the warming? What will be the impact of the warming on natural ecosystems and people?
    If we can reliably and accurately answer these sorts of questions, we can then make policy decisions to minimize the risk posed by the potential impacts.......the controversy, and battles, over global warming arise because these specific questions are not easy to answer, and the policies often have large costs associated with them...........many argue that the costs of taking action is less than the cost of inaction, while groups that might incur the costs of action argue that the uncertainties are too great to make policy changes.
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    I think if you don't belive in global warming your an idiot and can't wait to see your faces when the water rises above them and drowns you muhahaha, (oh..right..) Yep this is an issue that has been a problem for us ALL since early 2000 i belive, this is going to end most of us because of lack of space etc. those who get that space will be lucky. In my opinion it's a load of crap that because people are so selfish cannot be changed because of us we destroy what is needed, hey people wake up tommrow and enjoy the water flooding, the fear and the terror, soon the water and weather will strike back and take whoever it wants because really, we are all selfish bastards that don't diserve this earth, soon to feel our end.
    Well smarty first of all it has been some of the coldest weather in places so 2 global warming there hasnt been any rise in sea level and 3 some of the top weather guys signed a paper saying golbal warming is bull crap so you are wrong.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm honestly 50/50 on this issue. The media is focusing so much on the issue of global warming and such. They always focus on the celebrities or politicians that believe in the issue but never focus on the many scientists that don't believe in the theory of global warming and have very valid reasons for not believing in it.

Not to mention, I believe in the 70s or 80s there was a strong theory that we were going into another ice age. Now we're saying that the world's about to melt?? Needless to say that popular opinion isn't always right.

Who knows, in the end it might just be a natural change for the earth's atmosphere. Looking back into history, the earth has gone through continuous climate changes. Who is to say that this is just one of them and nothing more??

Of course, there is the factor that with all of our new technology that we are effecting the ecosystem of the earth in a way that humans have never had the ability to do not too long ago. It is true that the ozone layer does have holes in it as well so that should be considered a factor in the climate change as well.

If I had to say whether I believe it or not though I would say that I do believe. Because looking at the facts, it makes sense to me. But like I said before I'm a bit shaky on it. I've never been one to trust the media and I haven't done my homework like I should.

Newbie skater girl123456789 is off to a good start skater girl123456789's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with what you said about global warming it is happening

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    Well smarty first of all it has been some of the coldest weather in places so 2 global warming there hasnt been any rise in sea level and 3 some of the top weather guys signed a paper saying golbal warming is bull crap so you are wrong.
    Uh, top weather guys? Who? Are they guys who have connections with Exxon Mobil?

My opinion on whether we should take action is... What's the safest thing to do? If we take action, we'll have a clean planet, but to the worst we'd be risking the economy of the whole planet. If we don't take action, we definitely save money, but then, there's also the risk of endangering life on Earth itself. An opinion shared and echoed by a certain "wonderingmind" on youtube. I suggest everyone interested in this issue should watch this video, and that the most important thing you should see is from about 5:00 to the end of the video.

And it's not just the AAAC or the NAS who are worried about Global Climate Change. The oil company Royal Dutch Shell call for regulation and taxes. In 2007, a "think-tank" from the United States Navy called conversations concerning the issue "sobering". Two "global security think-tanks", that aren't just made out of climatologists, have written out in a 2007 report "projections from climate models are too conservative". There's more on that stuff in another video here.
    Last edited by abby724; Apr 06, 2008 at 08:43 PM.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast