Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: is it good to be alone??

Otaku heartless is off to a good start
    Thanks

Question is it good to be alone??

well i was wondering if you think being alone is good or not,well for me i lived alone all the time,no frends no family so im used to life like that but sometimes i asked myself,is this it,will i live my whole life like this??coz my life is kinda repeatitive everyday and it kinda bothers me sometimes when i see other families together.and when i see my classmates hang out all the time.
    sometimes i wish i never existed
    -heartless.DY-025

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is it good to be alone??

It may seem alright for a while, but then when you see others having fun with others you start to question yourself if all that time you spent alone was worth it or just a waste of time that you could have used to make friends and have a social life like everyone else.

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if you are starting to question yourself about wether you should be alone or not....Well maybe you try and finding someone or some people to hang out with...that is unless you just prefer being alone.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I think being alone is good for you sometimes. Maybe not for extended periods like weeks or months on end for the normal person (as sometimes I have because of my bipolar disorder) but a few hours or a few days never hurts. It gives you some time to explore yourself and just think about things, your life, your philosophy, the world, other people, just things like that. Great contemporary thinkers and those of the past have exiled themselves for months/years to cross examine themselves or to learn more about the world that you can only learn by being completely alone.

As for myself when I lived with my dad for 3 years I was alone for much of that time except for my cat (which is why I moved there, because I knew it would be that way), because I was anti-social and my dad worked 8-10 hour days and was gone all the time. And I think that changed me for the better in some ways, it gave me a lot of time to just sit and think and analyze myself which a lot of people in our country at least don't do anymore. Of course after awhile I did get pretty lonely which is why I moved back in with my other family, and now I'm never alone even when I want to be hehe. Even us anti-social kids have their limits...

But when I came back my mom did notice I was an entirely different person, and she liked this new person. I was more patient, calm, analytical and understanding than I had been when I moved away. And now we have a way better relationship than we did when I first left. So being "exiled" did change me in some very positive ways. There were some downsides to it, like depression and thoughts of suicide sometimes, but I got through that and was rewarded with a new and improved personality.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 17, 2008 at 11:37 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think being alone is good if you have too much of it. you need the comfort of other people and to be able to have fun with others.
    its just a part of being a human. we depend on other people whether we like it or not. at some point we need to be with others.
    of course when things are going bad and need some time to think about things then yes being alone is good to think things out. but not all the time.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

it honestly depends on what kind of person you are. if you like being alone, and your friends and family understand that sometimes you need to be, than yeah, it's good. if youre family or friends dont understand, and think that youre trying to shut them out(even if u are), it can harm you, not in your mental state, but how they treat you. its okay also, if you dont really give a damn. but if it makes you unnecessarily depressed, its kinda dumb. it really depends on what the situation is. everyone is different.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometime being alone is really good. total priavecy to yourself, but sometime it is good to have someone around with you
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Newbie ilovecj is off to a good start ilovecj's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i like to be alone some times and i have come up with this saying... it is better to be alone then witha loud moth family

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast