+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good & Bad Teachers

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Good & Bad Teachers

Hello everyone! Now, I have been fortunate enough to have had some very good teachers in my life but I have also gone through the misery of having a very bad one. I’m guessing that most of you have gone through similar experiences when it comes to teachers.

Now, here’s the questions. Who was the best teacher you have ever had? Why were they the best teacher you ever had? Were the assignments easy? Did they help shape your outlook on life? Did they give you candy everyday?

Then name the worst teacher you have ever had. Why were they your worst? Were they cruel and misunderstanding of their students? Were their rules completely unreasonable? Did they have something against children and/or teens? Was their underwear a little too tight?

As for me, the best teacher I have ever had I think is one I am actually taking right now. He is my history teacher, Mr. Crawford, and these are the following reasons why I love him. For one, he stimulates my mind. He brings up interesting points about history that you won’t find in your textbooks. He is not afraid to state his opinions and gives good reason for them. He is also very spontaneous and is always cracking me up with laughter. I am always looking forward to his class.

Now, for my worst teacher, would have to be Mr. Shankles. I have deemed him my worst for various reasons. For one, he was very monotone when he spoke. This was not a very good thing for me as I had him for my first class and I am not a morning person. He was also very bad at going off topic so for one minute we would be talking about the atom and then the next we would be talking about his four-year-old daughter. Sometimes he would get so off topic that he would completely forget that he was going to give us an assignment. It would usually end up in him giving us an assignment five minutes before the class ended which resulted in homework. It was a miracle that I learned any scientific equations. Scientific equations are boring as it is and with his method of teaching it's a miracle I didn't rip my hair out. Reading the book was honestly easier to learn from then him.

Here’s the icing that tops the cake, though. You want to know why he became a teacher? So he could coach the football team. As far as I know, that is the only reason he pursued the teaching career.

So how about you guys?

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good & Bad Teachers

I have gotten very good teachers and very, very bad teachers.......
    The best teacher um until now has to be my current professor in Anthropology....
    He teaches at a normal and steady pace.....gives you a chance to express you opinions and he does not mind to hear us out if we have complaints against something...like grades or tests..he is a very fair and just person and he has a lot of respect and hope in the students.....
    The worst teacher I had was when I was back in high school......he was my Calculus teacher...jeez how i hated him....he would always give us pop-quizes on things that we did not even learn...he had a very weird grading system..where most of the grade percentage came from the tests which a lot of people failed.....and he was very stubborn.once he made up his mind...he was not going to change it......and he always thought that he was the smartest human being in the world.when he truly knew that even the dumbest person in class knew more than him...and since he had a Ph.D...we would have to call him Doctor...and not Mr....and he would get offended by that.....
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Newbie mesmerized is off to a good start mesmerized's Avatar
    Thanks

My best and worse teacher I had both were in my high school years.

My best was Ms. Snyder, my world history teacher. She was always very nice to me and very straight forward. Her assignments weren't hard, but they weren't easy either. On the other end of everything, I could talk to her about my life and she really cared.

I've stayed very good friends with her even now, 2 1/2 years later. Both of us cried at my prom when we had to say goodbye.

NOW MY WORSE.

His name was Mr. Buffet. Not only was he the most annoying over sized man, who spoke like kermit the frog, not only did he single ME out, not only did he make his self look like an butt all time.. he was the most prejudice person I've ever met. I couldn't stand sitting in his class for 45 minutes being pointed out and hurt... god it was horrible. I'm surprised I passed his class with a B.

[current]

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

The best teacher I ever had was my Math Teacher in High School. She wasn't attractive, nor young. But I was young and desperate, she made me into a Man And did she do a good Job! I just wish she would have done it earlier, but I guess it might have meant complications...
    wow......well.......what do you mean she made you into man....
    please do not tell me that you where doing something that you were not supposed to
    I swear.....I hate young teachers......I remember when i was back in high school...my Spanish teacher was like twenty-five and it just disgusted me how the girls would flirt with him......and he could not even teach because he was too busy flirting back.....lol
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Banned ride them Jesus is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    wow......well.......what do you mean she made you into man....
    please do not tell me that you where doing something that you were not supposed to
    I swear.....I hate young teachers......I remember when i was back in high school...my Spanish teacher was like twenty-five and it just disgusted me how the girls would flirt with him......and he could not even teach because he was too busy flirting back.....lol
    I wish I could reply but I got an infraction for that post you quoted.

My worst teacher was this lazy guy. He was my favorite teacher at the time. Cause we didn't do anything in his classes. He taught Swedish b tw. We would just talk and he was reading his books. Didn't learn a thing the whole semester.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had few good teachers, many moderate (What? Lol), and few bad.

My Favorite Teacher is a debate against three, Mr. HOlman, Mrs. Hruska, or Mrs. Parks. I'll list the reasons why I love the three.

Mr. Holman: Literally a very optimistic person, whom is nice to a great degree. He's also hilarious and shares some of the best stories. Also if he asks us a question he doesn't want "I don't Know" if you say it, you have to write it on a paper like a a lot of times or something (i don't know, he didn't finish what had to be done or something, but I heard stories lol). He always wnats us to give our best guess. Also he is actually the one teacher who tried to well get to know me, and wask why I am the way i am, found it respectable because he wasn't a jerk about it, he was very open-minded, which is always a great thing. Also his "Discussion Days" were we just brought up topics to discuss them, it was nice.

Mrs. Parks: I only had her one year, 7th or 8th grade but I still remeber her (Funny thing is she works at my High School now, and i was unable to get her T.T) as she still remebers me. As she says "You're about as easy to forget as I am". And not a person I know who had her, forgot who she was. Again VERY nice teacher, very informative. Also like Holman, VERY nice. Her assignments were actually fun, how? I don't know she just made them fun, probably with the way she worded how to do it.

Mrs. Hruska: I had her for U.S History, Psychology, and Sociology. She is an amazing teacher, VERY open-minded, VERY nice, and has probably some of the greatest class activities. She's read some of Anton LaVeys work, along with a majority of other books of that nature - something I don't see often with a teacher. Also she let me do a power point for Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" great book. Still, her class was easy, still she's great to talk with.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

The fav teacher i had was back in grade school..Her name was Mrs.Gokey..she was my art teacher.i had her for like 3 years everytime..I mean the subject itself made her class fun..she was a young teacher..so she was lay back on eveything..she let us listen to music during class(anything we wanted),eat..and basically whatever ..just all long as we did our work..And she was never the kind of teacjer who would just talk,and talk the whole time she would make US talk all the time so we wouldn't get bored or anything. She basicall make learning easy and fun..^.^ but then eventaully I had to move on to another teacher..(who was boring)..But geez i miss her and her classes..-_-.

the worst teacher I had was in High school..man was she cruel>.< ..and she was my homeroom teacher too.! O.o.she been a teahcer for like 60 freakin years and thinks she knows evrybody and everything.she would throw stuff at us if we wasn't lookin at her..even if we was listenin, she would go mad cuz we wasnn't lookin directly at her..>.<.that's bull ..and denetions were given out like mail!! ..and she would always set rules for the students but never follow them herself ..i hate that..if I ever see her again .I would give her a piece of my mind..

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank godness I have had more good teachers than bad teachers...
    I always like to start with the bad and end with the good (it especially can be seen, when I'm eating. Where else have you seen a person, who firstly eat the crust of a pizza and then only gets to the tasty middle, risking with not eating it at all?)

So, firstly, my worst teachers would be:
    My arts teacher in 8th or 7th class. Everyone hated her! She made even me hate her!!! And it's quite hard to do. She just was wicked!!! She was really tough on us... in art!!! ART!!! How can you make that one difficult! I mean of course I suck at drawing, but making me feel miserable about that- you must be genial!!!
    Well in the end we got rid of her. You know how? She attacked on of my schoolmates!!! Scratched her or something... Ya... proves how "great" she was.

The second worst teacher was my Chemestry teacher in 10th and 11th class. She was bad because she just couldn't teach! A teacher who can not teach is bad!!! I mean it was a school which was popular for "creating" the best chemists in the country!!!!
    She kept on reading from the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~.~ The worst moments were when she suddenly became silent and was just simply reading the book, trying to figure out what to say next!
    Plus she always forgot what she has already tought and therefore we got the same thing three times a month!!! Sheesh!
    And she wasn't very nice to the students too, appart from some special ones (actually only one girl, because she was geeky I guess, because she wasn't even that good at chemesty).
    So shortly... great fun *rolls eyes* I guess I learned some chemestry, but I think it's mostly from reading and learning by heart...

Well secondly, my best teachers have been:
    All the rest of the teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love teachers!!!!
    JK ^^ alright... my very favourite teachers must be:
    My current math teacher! ^^ He is so very cool and charismatic!!! He can dance (he was the choreograph in my school's play- West Side story), he sings (and it's so funny!!! ^^), he is fun and, most important, he can teach. Though sometmes I'm very confused, but that's because I'm slow in calculating and I forget stuff very quickly
    And he really pushes us to do a lot. We have learned almost all of AS level stuff PLUS most of the things we should have learned only next year... And our tests are always longer than we can actually do, so we wouldn't get used to math's being easy.
    I must say I really appriciate when people are tough on you, because it pushes you to try hard, if ofcourse you understand how important it is and really want to learn (and excuse me, if you DON'T want to learn, you deffinetely should not be in high school)

Well my second favourite teacher must be my history teacher from 5th to 9th class. She was great!!! ^^ She was very, very nice and she made history so damn interesting!!! It was really great to learn with her as my teacher!!!

So yea... shortly, I can appriciate teahcers who are really hard on you and make you do a lot of things, learn hard, work hard for your good grade because that's just a greater way to make the children to remember and I know most of my nowadays ignorant classmates will sooner or later appriciate these teachers too.
    And of course niceness can get you to do something too, my history teacher really made some of the laziest people in my class to try harder just by showing that she cares of whether they do good, plus it works if she/he makes it interesting.
    The teachers whom I hate are ussually just really hating theri work, not able to communicate with children in ANY way and can't achieve anything as a teacher really or just simply don't know what they're talking about. That is what makes a bad teacher.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast