+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good friends should always stick together no matter how wrong a friend may be?

Newbie ulquiorra73 is off to a good start ulquiorra73's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Good friends should always stick together no matter how wrong a friend may be?

Do you think that you should stick with your best friend even if he/her is wrong.

I wouldn't, if my friend started drugs I would leave them so I wouldn't get talked into it
    Attached Images

Newbie KataraBadyanu is off to a good start KataraBadyanu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good friends should always stick together no matter how wrong a friend may be?

Yes. If you consider someone to be your BEST friend, then you should stick by them no matter what. If they're wrong, help them see that they are and then help them through whatever it is that they're going through.

As for your drug reference, that is pretty darn low, in my opinion. I mean no personal offense, but if your friend had started taking drugs, do you honestly think that the best thing for you to do would be to walk away from them when they obviously need you to tell them to stop? You have your own will, just like every other human being, and only the weak-willed ones are the ones who get pressured into doing anything. Be strong for yourself and be strong for your friend.

Personally, I would NEVER leave my best friend hanging, no matter how stubborn or wrong she is/may be. We've been through hell and back together, and through everything she's helped ME with, I think she deserves the same kind of respect from me. You have to ask yourself this, if you were in trouble, or in the wrong, would you want YOUR best friend to walk away from you because they didn't want to get into anything?

Best friends should stick together through thick and then. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the point of having a BEST friend. You can go to them with anything, talk to them about anything, and lean on them when you're in trouble. You can also expect them to smack you upside the head when you're doing something stupid, too. This should go both ways, for it to be a true best friendship.

Newbie ulquiorra73 is off to a good start ulquiorra73's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good friends should always stick together no matter how wrong a friend may be?

Quote Originally Posted by KataraBadyanu View Post
    Yes. If you consider someone to be your BEST friend, then you should stick by them no matter what. If they're wrong, help them see that they are and then help them through whatever it is that they're going through.

As for your drug reference, that is pretty darn low, in my opinion. I mean no personal offense, but if your friend had started taking drugs, do you honestly think that the best thing for you to do would be to walk away from them when they obviously need you to tell them to stop? You have your own will, just like every other human being, and only the weak-willed ones are the ones who get pressured into doing anything. Be strong for yourself and be strong for your friend.

Personally, I would NEVER leave my best friend hanging, no matter how stubborn or wrong she is/may be. We've been through hell and back together, and through everything she's helped ME with, I think she deserves the same kind of respect from me. You have to ask yourself this, if you were in trouble, or in the wrong, would you want YOUR best friend to walk away from you because they didn't want to get into anything?

Best friends should stick together through thick and then. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the point of having a BEST friend. You can go to them with anything, talk to them about anything, and lean on them when you're in trouble. You can also expect them to smack you upside the head when you're doing something stupid, too. This should go both ways, for it to be a true best friendship.
    that drug reference was an example so people have an idea of what kind of thread this is. started. And I don't have any friends who smoke.

Thanks a lot for the reply though. I like that you wouldn't leave your friend hanging.
    Attached Images

Newbie chachaboru is off to a good start chachaboru's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i follow what my mom says that i should choose friends wisely...
    if that friend is quite important to me then i'll tell him/her to
    stop doing does bad things.
    In general, costumes are the first thing in life that let other people know who we are. They indicate who the person is without saying anything. - Molly Parker
    www.mooncostumes.com

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends on how good your friendship is with that person. About 5 months ago, one of my best friends cheated on his girlfriend (who is also a good friend of mine). While I think it was wrong of him to do this, we are still good friends, and I wasn't siding with either him or my friend that he cheated on, as they were (and still are) both really good friends to me.

Also, about the drugs thing: if any of my friends were taking drugs, I would try and help them to stop taking the drugs.

Newbie sabrina18 is off to a good start sabrina18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ulquiorra73 View Post
    Do you think that you should stick with your best friend even if he/her is wrong.

I wouldn't, if my friend started drugs I would leave them so I wouldn't get talked into it
    i am with you on that one i think you have a point there
    ~~~~~Party Girl~~~~~ ^_~

Newbie shadowkiller18 is off to a good start shadowkiller18's Avatar
    Thanks

friends are the only thing that keeps you from doing something stuip but you can have fun and stuff

ps never get that attached to friends

Newbie bluewolf is off to a good start bluewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I'd stick with my best friends through anything because I know them well enough to know if they started doing (for example) pot they wouldn't pressure me to do it as well. I'd do anything for my best friends and I know they'd do anything for me. My friends though if one or some of them started to pressure me to do something I didn't want to and wouldn't take no for an answer I'd have no problem never talking to them again. I trust my friends not do that but I wouldn't put it pass them.
    I suppose Santa Claus doesn't go around delivering semi-automatics, extra mags, and cans of tear gas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast