+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Good looks and behaviour.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Good looks and behaviour.

Hello members of AO,

I have been having this thing in my mind for quite some time.

Are you good and/or reasonably polite/nice/warm hearted to people with good looks? If you do, why? If you don't, why Not? [wait don't need to be specific on this one. Ah well.]

And looks, someone having great looks - does it give them the right to think that they are "better" than others?
    For example two people, equally talented in everything, with nice personalities, but with one of them is good looking... does he/she has the right to judge that they are better than him/her?

Discuss.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good looks and behaviour.

very interesting thoughts there. personally i don't really act 2 different with ppl that look good or not, unless its an extreme case of looking really bad, but that tend to show some of there personal qualities as well so yea, i'm mainly talking about the ppl that have poor hygiene and stuff.

but i don't discriminate on looks, i treat everyone equally. a treat every1 as if they where an a-hole, then i get to know them and treat them even worst. i wonder if thats a friendly way of doin it?..

nah but seriously, looks don't matter, all about personality. cause there are some good looking girls/guys (i'm looking at the girls) out there i have to admit but they can be a real B!+ch some times, and man do they ever complain.

as for the judging thing, well not 2 sure about that. u can get the real prick out there but are they good looking?.. well i guess every1 has a different opinion but half the ppl that think they are better than everyone else because of there so called 'looks' seem to be in a fairytale, well what i've seen it is. they are so up them selves and they don't even look that good.

so yea good looking ppl don't really judge that much, only ppl that they believe that they are good looking are the ones that judge since they put their 'efforts' into looking they way they do, and believe that they didn't do it for nothing. hence why they will judge, to believe they have done something that will give them a greater sense of being so to say. which i find quite saddening.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well yeah, if I were dropdead gorgeous you'd definitely catch me smirking a lot in the company of less attractive girls. I believe that if you've got it, you have all the right in the world to flaunt it. You might not have the brains to outwit the next person, but if you look better why not use your looks to your advantage? And obviously, if two people are equal in every way except in looks, the better-looking one is, in a sense, better. It's like saying I got 6 A's, and you got 5 A's and a B. It goes without saying that I am better, even though the B may have been for something horrendously stupid like gym, or Irish.

And no, the way I act doesn't really differ according to a person's looks..... that is, as long as we're in the context of people I know. Now if I spotted someone really good-looking across the street and wanted to hit on him, I'd definitely be in for a sudden change of character.

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

people shouldn't go for looks... they should go for the personality... I think that people who think that they are better than others are stuck up and/or bored with their life and need somthing to think in order to liven it up a little.

Granted people go for looks rather than personalities... I think that in that situation they need to make sure that one is better than the other... in one aspect or another... mybe the good looking one doesn't have a good attitude.. you can't judge a book by it's cover ya know...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]

Are you good and/or reasonably polite/nice/warm hearted to people with good looks? If you do, why? If you don't, why Not? [wait don't need to be specific on this one. Ah well.]
    Whoa, I fail on almost all the requirements.

And of course looking better doesn't make you a better person. Who even doubts that?

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well poeple shouldnt be better if there pretty or not

me i would be nice ect but im not pretty
    sometimes people who are pretty are really nice ect but i dont know that much about it they just want people to fear them i guess.....

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

First. No, I don't act nicer to good looking people, I even sometimes act a lot colder for they are ussualy very arrogant and boy do I hate arogant people! And they hate me! But I also hate people who doesn't look so good and are really shy and whine all the time about that! A good personality is the thing that matters and if your looks are killing your personality... no good... It's hard for me to talk with such people, they make feel uncomfortable...

No good looks don't give you the rights to think that you're better than everyone else! It's silly. And sometimes your good looks might seem no good at all to other people, like there are always people who think that being thin is ugly, so you can't say you're better because you look better, for in some eyes, you don't.

I'm not saying that looks have no meaning at all but they're really not that important. A good personality can replace everything.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont see why youd treat someone like shit if they look good.

and for the better thing, if youre talking about a job, and the credentials are the same but one person looks bad and the other looks good, im taking the good looking one. im not saying naturally good looking, im talking how they present themselves, how theyre dressed, etc...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast