+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Good looks and behaviour.

Newbie cute little chi is off to a good start cute little chi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good looks and behaviour.

I have good behaviour, because in class i always listen to the teacher and what other people have to say...
    Kayla

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I an generally a really good person.
    I sacrifice a lot to help out others...

Although I am really anti-social and I have a lack of trust of most people.

I have my moments of crankiness. Who doesn't, right?

If people think they are better because of their looks... Well... I don't hate them. I just feel sorry for them! Because that is really sad! They are missing out on making close friends.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

If you've got it, flaunt it. There's non shame in being proud of what you have. However, there is a difference between being confident and being conceited. People just sometimes do not understand the difference between the two. And dealing with a conceited person can be a hell of an annoyance. They're just not fun to be around. It gets tiring, and eventually you have people avoiding you. No one wants to be around someone like that. Just because they are better looking than most does not mean they have the right to treat themselves and others as if they're higher up in the [social class].

If a person is gorgeous, of course you are going to want to befriend them. It's only natural. You want to surround yourself in beauty. And you assume that this person(s) has a beautiful personality as well to match their beautiful appearance. However like we all know, this isn't always the case. So if this person is ugly on the inside, of course you're not going to want to spend time with them. And once you look into a beautiful person's personality, and you find that it isn't as 'beautiful' as you thought.. you find that they slowly become uglier on the outside. Their features are no longer attractive.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you good and/or reasonably polite/nice/warm hearted to people with good looks? If you do, why? If you don't, why Not? [wait don't need to be specific on this one. Ah well.]
    I'm usually polite to strangers, or people that I don't know very well. I act a bit differently to the people (friends, family members) that I am close to. This applies to anyone ugly or not, strangers or friends.

And looks, someone having great looks - does it give them the right to think that they are "better" than others?
    Sure why not. They can think whatever they want as long as they don't act on it and I'm not around to see it.

For example two people, equally talented in everything, with nice personalities, but with one of them is good looking... does he/she has the right to judge that they are better than him/her?
    I don't see how that works. Unless they're both applying to a job where their looks are important; even so, I still don't understand how that works.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Well yeah, if I were dropdead gorgeous you'd definitely catch me smirking a lot in the company of less attractive girls. I believe that if you've got it, you have all the right in the world to flaunt it. You might not have the brains to outwit the next person, but if you look better why not use your looks to your advantage? And obviously, if two people are equal in every way except in looks, the better-looking one is, in a sense, better. It's like saying I got 6 A's, and you got 5 A's and a B. It goes without saying that I am better, even though the B may have been for something horrendously stupid like gym, or Irish.

And no, the way I act doesn't really differ according to a person's looks..... that is, as long as we're in the context of people I know. Now if I spotted someone really good-looking across the street and wanted to hit on him, I'd definitely be in for a sudden change of character.
    Well this is kinda true. If you're better looking than the rest of the population theres no need to hide it. However if you're really arrogant about it it'll turn people off.
    There was this one girl in high school who said, "I'm very pretty." She was right that she was very pretty but she was just so arrogant about it.
    It's alright to be proud of your looks if you look like her but she just said it so arrogantly.

Me personally I don't really pay attention to attractive or normal looking people. Most of the population is like that. Unless you're a gorgeous 5'10
    woman that people just can't help but notice you.
    When I pass by a really ugly person I can't help but stare. I say in my head, " how did that man/woman become so ugly?" "are they inbred or something." Did their mother drink excessively while she was pregnant?"

People just noticed you more if you're attractive looking. For example take Yawara-chan and Yuka Kobayashi. One is a professional Judoka who has accomplished much in her career. The other Yuka Kobayashi is just a cute face who hasn't really done much.

Yawara-Chan

Yuka Kobayashi
    YouTube - Karate girl.

Otaku bcvl1124 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Hello members of AO,

I have been having this thing in my mind for quite some time.

Are you good and/or reasonably polite/nice/warm hearted to people with good looks? If you do, why? If you don't, why Not? [wait don't need to be specific on this one. Ah well.]

And looks, someone having great looks - does it give them the right to think that they are "better" than others?
    For example two people, equally talented in everything, with nice personalities, but with one of them is good looking... does he/she has the right to judge that they are better than him/her?

Discuss.
    Good looks aren't everything it is the heart of the person that is more important. For me looks doesn't really matter it is the heart of a person and there true colors. I have a crush on someone in school and he was cute when I realized his true personallity I don't like him anymore he is a fake! Well I am not sure if I am a good person or a bad person. Some people calls me unique and some people calls me bad influence well there alot more to learn in my life. That other people doesn't know.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I sense a little deviation. We're not exactly talking about how much looks matter in the context of you judging or falling for someone, but whether you can justify the view that you are better than someone if you are equal in every way, except looks, in which case you happen to be better-looking.

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Hello members of AO,

I have been having this thing in my mind for quite some time.

Discuss.
    well i have been told by multiple people that i am very kind, and a good person to be around, and as for my looks..well..i think i am ok, but ppl tell me im either pretty or hot TT but i have always helped ppl with the littliest thing

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast