+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gravity

Otaku Dragons2801 is off to a good start Dragons2801's Avatar
    in a place beyond the reaches of time, gripped with sorow, pain driving everything to insanity.
    Thanks

Gravity

Gravity is one of the most controversial and baffling and most studied things. We have what it does to a pin point, however we are unable to find whether gravity is particle, wave, or something different. Threw the many theories and laws concerning gravity none have been able to prove them true. Yet they are still used in teaching school. Is it to spark the interest of those being taught or ignorance of those teaching? Also if we do figure out the what gravity is then how will it be implied to our society? Will it create more war or will it create a stalemate and cease the smaller wars?

within the darkened realm of the mind, is endless shadows, wrenching pain, warming love, and burning desires.

Banned animefreak7654 is off to a good start animefreak7654's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gravity

Is this an anime series...i mean show
    also,is it good

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I, don't know how to tell you this: there's no debate as to whether gravity is a wave or particle because everyone already knows what it is; it is a force.

Gravity, by definition, is an attraction (force) that two or more objects have on each other based off their mass.

Force = Mass * Acceleration, courtesy of Newton's 2nd law

While quantum mechanics is still being heavily researched, it is already widely accepted in classical mechanics that Newton's laws are completely accurate, rendering your statements ignorant and full of misinformation. We already know that Newton's laws were not absolute values but approximations that are precise enough for most of our dealings on Earth.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragons2801 View Post
    if we do figure out the what gravity is then how will it be implied to our society? Will it create more war or will it create a stalemate and cease the smaller wars?
    seriously? You're a clown. Maybe if you paid more attention in physics class you wouldn't have made such an idiotic thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (May 13, 2011)

Otaku Dragons2801 is off to a good start Dragons2801's Avatar
    in a place beyond the reaches of time, gripped with sorow, pain driving everything to insanity.
    Thanks

it is not so, within the reserch facility that i work they study it. the force is a term used to distinguish what is un explained. within quantum physics it states that it is not a partica nor a wave but has the properties of both.

within the darkened realm of the mind, is endless shadows, wrenching pain, warming love, and burning desires.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

it is not so, within the reserch facility that i work they study it. the force is a term used to distinguish what is un explained. within quantum physics it states that it is not a partica nor a wave but has the properties of both.
    Maybe you should be asking what a force is, then (or rather, why force is exerted). Because we know what gravity is in terms of force: Gravity is generally the weakest of the four fundamental forces, the strong nuclear force, the weak nuclear force, electromagnetic force, and gravity itself.
    It would be interesting to find out why objects with mass attract other objects with mass, or why protons and electrons attract each other. However, this would probably go back to the Big Bang theory, where the laws of the universe were 'determined' and forces 'first' existed.
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; May 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Research facility, really? Cuz it sounds like you're talking out of your ass to me. In fact that is exactly what you are doing. Also the whole particle or wave state problem in quantum mechanics has to do with light, not gravity. Now I will grant you, as BrightShadow already pointed out, that we still do not know *why* two objects exert a force upon one another, but that's not what you said in your opening post. You said we don't know *what* a force is when we know damn well what it is and we know a ton of its properties. Take a couple physics classes so that you sound less incompetent.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (May 13, 2011), BrightShadow_96 (May 13, 2011)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

@Dragons2801: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, I really think that you should stop trying to argue about physics with Dark and BrightShadow. Asking what gravity is like asking what magnetism is (though the two are two totally different forces). Maybe we can chat about magnetism later. ^_^

It's basic physics! Had the Earth had no mass and there was no gravity, we'd all be drifting in space because there'd be no force pushing us to the Earth's surface. Like letting go of a helium balloon. I don't know what they're studying at your "job" but, I'm sure it isn't gravity.

+ Reply to Thread