+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: groupies

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: grupies

lol your groupie is different to what i'm thinking of. group of friends, just chilling, going out and having fun. dancing badly to rock music and see if there's chance of a hook up with a girl. not that i'm looking since i'm happy with my gf. just go for fun.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    lol your groupie is different to what i'm thinking of. group of friends, just chilling, going out and having fun. dancing badly to rock music and see if there's chance of a hook up with a girl. not that i'm looking since i'm happy with my gf. just go for fun.
    That's mostly because your interpretation of groupie is wrong.

Groupie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

groupie - definition of groupie by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tifa4cloud View Post
    that is soooooo not true im a groupie and i have no intention to bang any of the guys in the band becuase we are all good friends and i wouldnt do that
    Bang? Why would anyone fire/hit the guys in a band whom they regard as cool or special?

Well.. I never really looked in the dictionary to find out what a "groupie" means, but my impression wasn't so far off - a groupie is someone who sticks close to you and admires you for some form of attribute you bear. For example, if you are a smart student in school, your groupies are those who study with you and regard you as their role model when it comes to education. Nothing more, nothing less. Specially in my example, they only keep company as long as they are in need of that attribute; umm.. that would be "smartness" in this case. There are exceptions, of course.

Now...

What I do think of groupies? It seems to me as though it is a cutesy term for a group. Much like piggies for pigs, doggies for dogs, and so on ~!!!! Okay okay, I think it is alright to be as such, a groupie, if it's for good intentional purposes like to offer support, to emulate someone's good qualities, to satisfy your need for belonging, ex cetera. Ehehe, that's my opinion anyways.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Bang? Why would anyone fire/hit the guys in a band whom they regard as cool or special?
    You made a funny.

What is my opinion on groupies? Well, I think they have no life. Why would they want to spend months following a band around, ultimately doing nothing? They can support them buy buying their cd's or just by simply saying that they're a great band. Other than that... I think going everywhere the band goes and not getting paid for it is retarted.

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    hm both of those sites give good definitions on groupies thanks Hassun

Hm you do seem more like a fan tifa4cloud then a groupie since you are not gonna bang someone in a band......haha bang. Hm I don't mind groupies as long as they don't turn into stalkers and man those people are freaky. Some people at work in bands talk about the stalkers who follow them around and oh boy the stories haha.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    You made a funny.
    I didn't intend to...

I don't look past the third explanation in the dictionary for any term, unless understanding the wit of that term calls for it ~! And also English is my second [third, I must say] language, and I don't watch much television programs that are outside my native culture, so I am slow at interpreting double meanings behind words. Weh, so I beg your pardon, Tifa4cloud. No pun or inside joke was intended. I hope what I said wasn't offensive. It's just that the way that term was used seemed contextually paradoxical @.@ I still don't get it!

And yeah, your affiliation with that band seems to be supportive and pure in nature, Tifa4cloud. ^^

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    I didn't intend to...

I don't look past the third explanation in the dictionary for any term, unless understanding the wit of that term calls for it ~! And also English is my second [third, I must say] language, and I don't watch much television programs that are outside my native culture, so I am slow at interpreting double meanings behind words. Weh, so I beg your pardon, Tifa4cloud. No pun or inside joke was intended. I hope what I said wasn't offensive. It's just that the way that term was used seemed contextually paradoxical @.@ I still don't get it.

And yeah, your affiliation with that band seems to be supportive and pure in nature, Tifa4cloud.
    Kedar, Kedar, Kedar..

The term, "bang" means "to have sex with". Just a dirty way of putting it.
    So when guys want to be cool around a group of friends and they see a hot chick.. they'd say something along the lines of "Oh man.. I'm gonna bang her tonight.." or, "I'm getting a piece of that!". It's a shame, really.

[*]It isn't that there are double meanings behind words that you have to look deep down to find. Simply put, America is getting popular on slang.. so most people know or get a jist of a word when they hear it. Plus two thirds of the population is becoming perverted.. so when they hear certain words.. they automatically think it has something to do with ~!!Sex.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: groupies

I think grupies do some good for bands. but thats just my opinon

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast