+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guy Fawkes Day!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Guy Fawkes Day!

Well Seeing as it is Guy Fawkes Day, a very well celebrated British day, I though I would see if anyone knows about it who isn't British. It might even be a little lesson for some.

For Guy Fawkes is well know for planning to blow up Parliament. The day is commonly known as Bonfire Night. Although Guy Fawkes didn't succeed, I do think what would have changed if he did. We do celebrate this day with creating our very own Guy fawkes, which is really a scarecrow and then burn them on the bonfire.

But To those who think they have heard it in a move somewhere, The famous poem/rhyme was said during the beginning of V For Vendetta.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
    The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
    I know of no reason
    Why Gunpowder Treason
    Should ever be forgot.
    Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
    To blow up King and Parliament.
    Three-score barrels of powder below
    To prove old England's overthrow;
    By God's providence he was catch'd
    With a dark lantern and burning match.
    Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
    Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
    Does anyone else celebrate this day???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Guy Fawkes Day!

YaY happy Guy Fawkes Day!

I celebrate it - It's sort of like The 4th of July for America...
    It's fun - Fireworks and food.

It's also a holiday for anarchists. ((V For Vendetta, anyone?))

^_^

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Never heard of it. Why would you celebrate a olden day terrorist? Did his actions make anything better?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to celebrate it by donning a Guy Fawkes mask and shooting off fireworks. Now my friends and I set things on fire while singing the poem.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Well there was arguments between Pentecostal and Catholic religions within Britain and how it should be ruled. Its part of British History and its always been celebrated.

I supposed it did change Britain, not in the way he wanted.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Never heard of it. Why would you celebrate a olden day terrorist? Did his actions make anything better?
    He stands for an ideal! His actions declare that we, even if we are common men and women, should NOT sit idly while our government rots in a cistern of its own corruption! We have the means to do something about it! (I do not recommend explosives, but you get what I mean.)

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

They only really keep it becuase everyone spends a fortune on fireworks !
    And also becuase they like to remind people that they beat Guy Falks . .
    Not complaining though, I always have a great time on Bonfire Night !
    But the downside is, it scares all the old people, especially when some idiots shoot them at their little bungalows. And you also get the mongs who like to hold them when they go off and end up getting an arm or two blown off. .
    Like tonight, this guy was shooting them out of a drainpipe, looked kinda cool untill the police gave him an £80 fine and he smashed his OWN car with it !

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not British and I know of it (and not because I now live in Britain)- it is in every english language study book in Latvia, so we had to learn about this, and since this celebration is so interesting and odd and since the reason why this day is celebrated is just so unusual.. .I remembered that. I know people from Texas don't know it tho

It seems like a very interesting celebration. But I do not celebrate it even when being in London... Just because no one asked. :P I've enjoyed fireworks for the last three days though... lol ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast