+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hackers

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Hackers

Hacking is a prominent net crime these days, especially with the advancement in the internet age and technology. Here are some questions....

1)) What are the positives and negatives of hacking?

2)) Why do people engage in such activities? What are the causes of these incidents?

3)) What kind of people are often targeted and how are they usually lured in?

4)) What are some prevention measures to avoid being victimised by hackers?

5)) What are the aftereffects of being hacked? What damages are caused by the hacker?

Please share any further thoughts you have on the matter.
    Kastelic's creation

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hackers

1. The positive way of hacking is that you can do whatever you want, the negative way is that it is a crime.

2 A. It is fun hacking other people's pcs, it is more like an sport. 2 B. not having friends, you only rely on your hacking skills. Basically, hacking is like a playgroud for lonely people.

3. Newbie people are usually targeted, since they are new to the WWW world they are easy prey.

4. Buy a firewall.

5. Some hackers just love to play with your pc, others would technically speaking mess your pc to a point that you would have to buy a new one.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Hackers usually target larger organizations because they want recognition. Its pretty rare a hacker attempting to get into ur pc, theres really no fun it it for them. Chances of a newbie hacker trying to hack ur pc is pretty common; i had it happen to me once but norton showed me where the person lived and everything which i recommend norton firewall because if the person actually did some serious damage you would have proof and they could goto jail seeing hacking is illegal.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

i would like to point out that all hackers are not evil, some are really cool people

1st. some hackers can actually help you out, most hackers give the cool ones a bad name

2nd. All the hackers i know say they do it for the fun of it, knowing that if they wanted to they could mess something up that people enjoy

3rd. i believe the people that are targeted by the "bad" hackers are the elderly. only because they are not that computer proficient so they are easily fooled.

4th. some of the provisional measures that can be taken is if you have the money, just go spend a couple hundred bucks to get the best firewalls, but this will only work with most amature hackers, for professional hackers, empty your memory on a different computer and switch everything

lastly 5th. most damages by hackers are minimal maybe a few things bought with credit cards or maybe you will be missing some files, but then again some hackers could ruin your computer to the point of not being able to fix it

well these are just my opinions on the subject

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

My online game id got hacked b4 this...now it's gone...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Newbie Fat_moe123 may be famous one day Fat_moe123 may be famous one day Fat_moe123's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate all hackers if there werent any hackers. people would not have to waste a small fortune protecting there computers
    Magna is AWSOME

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to clear up the term http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_cracking

They will hack in to anyones computer(s) or companies computer network if they can find security hole(s) in the system. I don't see any positive about these types of hacking except fun or make yourself or group a name in the internet world.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

first there r different types of hackers: some that do big hits, some that make small hits usually on normal ppl... and also depending on the way they do their hits.... there are also the ones that create viruses and all stuff like that... but the thing thay share in common is that they know their way around the pc and net....
    now the questions:
    1. positive: knowing ur way around the pc and net can be very usefull in this days... especially now that u can download all sorts of things.
    negative: normal ppl... usually suffer the concecuences of hackers stealing identitis and stuff like that
    2.why do ppl get in this... because its profitable... and tis really hard to catch a hacker... so profitable... little risk of getting cought(that ofcource if the fev gov isnt looking fot u) equals good bisines...
    3. ppl that usually get targeted are: ppl that r buying online, downloading something... ppl that usually have bsic knowledge of the pc and net...
    4. to prevent getting hacked.... not open unknown mails cuz u can get viruses, try to avoid buying online(but is hard this days) cuz u can get ur identiti stealed or u crdit card stealed...
    5. what r the effects:
    lossing ur identiti can make some serious damage to ur criminal record and credit
    losing ur credit card number can bring u a big credit card bill
    getting a virus... well sey good bye to ur files if u dont know how to back up ur files....
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast