+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hackers

Banned Fyth may be famous one day Fyth may be famous one day Fyth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hackers

the answer to all your questions are simple, its fun, it is all the rush of breaking through the defenses and getting what you need. Most do it only for the fun of it, not to harm or hurt anyone. You can’t judge the entire group the few bad apples. If you want to protect your self simply be safe like you would on the street, don’t talk to strangers and don’t take things that are not yours. (And especially play nice with others)

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Hacking is a prominent net crime these days, especially with the advancement in the internet age and technology. Here are some questions....

1)) What are the positives and negatives of hacking?

Positive: ...well, sometimes courts won't handle certain cases of abuse, and people certainly do deserve it at times...
    It also makes our computer companies stronger by developing stronger and more effecient anti-viruses and anti-hacking softwares.
    ... and... er... hackers are nice people. ^_^;; Once you get to know them. Eheheheh... heh...

Negative: ........ when they do it just because they're bored, it can be rather... disruptive.
    2)) Why do people engage in such activities? What are the causes of these incidents?

They're either bored, or angry. XD Trust me.
    Unless of course, they work for an organization themselves... y'know... get some money, or something of even more worth: Information.

3)) What kind of people are often targeted and how are they usually lured in?

... wait, are you talking about individuals or large organizations?
    Because as of recently, FBI's hidden files are rather easy to obtain..
    Organizations are pretty easy to hit... but don't forget that even agents hack against crime.
    ... it's easy... you don't really have to lure, you have to hunt.

._. Individuals however, are easy because they're rather stupid to think that they're completely safe, or they think it's okay to talk down on people.
    4)) What are some prevention measures to avoid being victimised by hackers?

........ I'll give you the best: Be friends with them, or be one of them. ^_^
    5)) What are the aftereffects of being hacked? What damages are caused by the hacker?

...obviously, whatever the hacker decides to damage. XD

Please share any further thoughts you have on the matter.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think hacker are both good and bad but mostly good because there more
    about doing it for the thrill then anything just to prove they can do it
    and they bad side is they cost alot of big busness money
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

when my parents computer got a virus e-mail, my uncle and i wormed it through mine and re-forwarded the virus back to the orriginal sender, thats definately a good side to hacking =)

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

1)) What are the positives and negatives of hacking?
    2)) Why do people engage in such activities? What are the causes of these incidents?
    4)) What are some prevention measures to avoid being victimised by hackers?
    5)) What are the aftereffects of being hacked? What damages are caused by the hacker?
    1. Good sides are that if hacker really is what his name tells, she/he just goes in
    leaves message and fades away. That way companies can find out that their
    www-sites/servers are leacking and get better protection.
    2. If we are talking about hacker, not cracker, he just wants to try if he can do it.
    Crackers do that for money, and for glory.
    3. By hackers...use no protection and they lost interest. By cracker...use as high
    protection as possible.
    5. By hackers...only damage to your reputation as company that has high
    protection at their servers...
    Damage by crackers: alot of information worth of money. Cred-card numbers and etc.

Note: Hacker ain't same as cracker. Hacker just brakes in to see if he can do it.
    Cracker tries to inflict damage and get something worth of cash.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think anyone's pointed out the fact that some firewall developers hire hackers/crackers/whatever to attack their firewalls just to see if there's anything wrong with it. If someone manages to penetrate the firewall, he points out the problem and it will be fixed. So hackers can be useful too.

Other than that, all hackers suck donkeyballs...

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen
    I don't think anyone's pointed out the fact that some firewall developers hire hackers/crackers/whatever to attack their firewalls just to see if there's anything wrong with it. If someone manages to penetrate the firewall, he points out the problem and it will be fixed. So hackers can be useful too.
    Yup, company like F-Secure has alot of former hackers/crackers and virus-designers
    on they payroll in order to check their firewall/virus scan.

And if I remember correctly every 2-4 years there in competition where hackers
    can try to break through best firewall in world. If they can do it they must tell
    how they did that, and they get 1 000 000$ and job in the company that made the
    firewall.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    And if I remember correctly every 2-4 years there in competition where hackers can try to break through best firewall in world. If they can do it they must tell how they did that, and they get 1 000 000$ and job in the company that made the firewall.
    Ya, I recall so too. Nifty, ain't it?

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast