+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hackers

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hackers

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen
    Ya, I recall so too. Nifty, ain't it?
    yeah, 1000 large wouldn't hurt...and I bet that job they are offering ain't
    something like cleaning toilets with 5$/h.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    yeah, 1000 large wouldn't hurt...and I bet that job they are offering ain't
    something like cleaning toilets with 5$/h.
    Ya, I guess not. But I bet it's harder than cleaning toilets

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i might have to try that later on....

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, seeing as how the topic is hacking, how do u do it? If it is an illegal activity how, what resources. More importantly where do u learn? A friend, or maybe school???

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

1)) What are the positives and negatives of hacking?
    Negatives: For me at least, shut down servers. The more of those servers are down, the more time it is going to take for you to log onto a service provider, website, or anything else. Positives: Sometimes a hacker can cause mayhem within a big company. And sometimes they deserve it.

2)) Why do people engage in such activities? What are the causes of these incidents?
    People do this as a sport. The bigger the company, the harder it is to hack, the more gratafication the hacker gets on that hack session. The causes of incidences? Maybe a hacker has a grudge against a certain company...

3)) What kind of people are often targeted and how are they usually lured in?
    What kind of people are targeted? There usually isn't a single person targeted. Remember, the bigger the target, the better.

4)) What are some prevention measures to avoid being victimised by hackers?
    A good firewall. Keeping yourself informed in the news and such.

5)) What are the aftereffects of being hacked? What damages are caused by the hacker?
    Viruses, trojans, worms. All bad to get, viruses maybe the worse because some can be so deadly to a system that they will destroy code in your computer in a matter of hours. My least favorite are the worms. They eat up all of the data on your hard drive until you can't use the computer anymore.

Newbie 1sh0t2killz may be famous one day 1sh0t2killz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Positives: they get the warez they want, i guess, and the accounts (including paypal accounts and pr0n passwords) they desire XD, also, in games such as counter-strike (which i use hacks in lol) its just so fun to hack XD, (also they learn more about the computer XD)

Negatives: i have no idea... other then, if they get caught, their in trouble, lol

2)) Why do people engage in such activities? What are the causes of these incidents?
    Why: as i said, to get the things they want off the internet XD and the results they want.

Causes: the victim loses money/merchendice and has to go through a pain staking ordeal to sort things out.

Tagets: unsafe victims with something the hacking needs or wants

Lured in: Downloading a Fake Dangerous Program, visiting a virus/trojan filled website

1. Get a firewall, Zone alarms is excellent, it warns you when a program is being opened
    2. Anti-Virus Programs, ehhh i know most people use Norton... so i guess... you should use norton lol XD
    3. Spy-Ware/Ad-ware Removal Programs, just because life isn't great without them
    4. update and scan regularly
    5. don't goto untrusted websites

5)) What are the aftereffects of being hacked? What damages are caused by the hacker?
    Aftereffects and Damages: computer isn't working properly
    ex. missing windows system files
    computer hard drive is not working correctly
    consumption with disk space/deletion of important files (like system restoration files)
    constant blue screen (maybe?)

hmmm, my old computer was once infected by a virus (or worm/trojan, i dunno which it was) and it was totally useless, i couldnt even open a simple program such as notpad, and i couldnt run anything, and the only thing left to do was to reformat my computer (meaning i have to erase everything and reinstall windows and do bios setup, which took me several hours, just to get my computer to run properly) and after that... i had to reinstall every program i have lost, and all my documents were gone for good XD, tchya.... long as report i did, humm, i must have been pretty borde XD
    ~ Favorite Anime: Fate/Stay Night ~
    ~ Saber ~

~ O S T K ~
    ~ Click Signature to see the Original Size ~

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

The responses were very much appreciated guys ^_^ These are some really dense information
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez

1:the positive way is there getting the info they want at any time, the negative is that the other person is getting affected really badly, since there own info is getting stolen from other people.

2:They want to get a reputation in there activity, meaning there hacking being recognice, plus they want to see if they have a superior mind to make a haking virus, and see how it can withstand the firewall, and plus to inprove in the network.

3:The kind of people mostly target are the ones that don't know much about computers, and they get lured by some kind of ad., pop up, or other I guess, and sometimes companies, but mostly for the company type you need an expert on this stuff(may not know much about what kind of people get target, one time that happen to my comp. but took care of it).

4:Mostly you can avoid them by putting on the firewall on, checking the antivirus, spyware, and other software that helped you protect your computer(don't know much about this kind of software).

5:The effects of this is the other person who's being hacked has a problem, the computer memory, hard drive, software, ect. can get affected and cause them to lose control of there computer, and sometimes have a crashdown, because if the security hole is open viruses can get in and affect the computer, and the hacker can steal your info and use it as his own, not only that, the computer will have to get fix and you'll have to buy software to protect it, but mostly everyone wants there money in there pocket(not wasting alot of money in something expensive), and others just go buy a new computer, which can was more money.

So there are many effects it can have when someone is haking you.

p.s. I'm having a little problem with my comp., and took tare of it.
    Last edited by shikashu; Aug 07, 2006 at 07:34 PM.

Arigatou Nao chan for the sig^_^
    warning, dangerous diclonious on the lose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast