+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halloween season approaching.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halloween season approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    That sounds very interesting. Have your circle of friends tried going to the cemetery instead of the woods. It is more fun telling ghost stories in a cemetery.
    We tried having it in a cemetery, but the security guard chased us out. He was afraid we were another group of pagans . . . **sigh** Bloody pagans, ruining everything for us fun-loving youths . . .

P.S. Plenty of Christians go trick or treating. Hallowe'en is "All Hallow's Eve," a Church feast day.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

hummm or maybe go to a fancy dress party, get to go out and have some fun..but trick or treating could be a cool idea still.

I love listening to the soundtrack and singing along, I can't help it. As for the movie, its one of my favorites and probably going to be most used disc.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Hearing all this talk of satanic sacrifices and pagans in graveyards makes my head hurt.

In the last 30 years there have been only a handful of SRA cases (and even fewer resulting in death) and nearly all of them are contested. "Satanists" don't actually BELIEVE in Satan, much less sacrifice children to them. Satanism was something designed specifically to mock the Judeo-Christian chuch, most Satanists are in fact atheists. One of their "Ten Commandments" states "Do not harm little children." SRA and Blood Libel have been proven to be largely false claims used throughout the years to scare small children and turn the religious against "paganism"... which is a term most commonly used to blanketly refer to any religion that recognizes what Christians deem a false diety (or multiple false dieties). Any SRA cases that hold any water were perpetrated by those with no specific connection to any larger organized movement and were likely just mentally unhinged sadists.

The only currently active form of organized magic-practicing "paganism" in the United States is Wicca: a new age religion of equally contestable legitimacy (in spite of claiming to be thousands of years old, it's more akin to Scientology in it's origins). The religion's ONLY major tenant is "if it harm none, do what you will".

Clearly, human sacrifice and shennangins in graveyards are out.

What the police were REALLY mistaking you for was stupid teenagers who believe that witchcraft involves sacrificing chickens and virgins and like to kick down gravestones to prove the size of their testicles.

Enjoy:
    Satanic ritual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Church of Satan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by tsurara; Sep 26, 2007 at 07:06 PM.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    What the police were REALLY mistaking you for was stupid teenagers who believe that witchcraft involves sacrificing chickens and virgins and like to kick down gravestones to prove the size of their testicles.
    Thank you for the lovely imagery. I don't feel like a fool now. *sarcasm*

I know more than most Roman Catholics about paganism. I briefly worked in an "alternative religion" store; that is, my boss was a witch . . . literally . . . a fifty-something-year-old man who carried a wand . . .

And while we WERE stupid teenagers, those aren't the things we would do . . .

HALLOWE'EN IS COMING!!!!! I want to dress up, but I don't know what I should be!!!

Newbie kagome15 is off to a good start kagome15's Avatar
    Thanks

what are you guys gonna do this haloween

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kagome15 View Post
    what are you guys gonna do this haloween
    I believe my friends and I are going to a dance club in costume . . .

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't know about all that Satan stuff, i just think that whatever the holiday used to be is gone now (for the most part) and that all that's left is pillowcases filled with fun sized crunch bars (but how can less candy be more fun?)...

as for what i'm doing, i don't know yet... if we have money for costumes i would want to be either a Shy Guy (from Mario) or Hot Homsar (Homestarrunner.com)... or maybe a bumble bee! i say that cuz in MySims (Wii/DS game) a character has a super cute and simple take on a bee costume that isn't stupid looking! as for WHERE we're going... i don't think we'll go trick-or-treating, so we might just stay home and pass out candy, maybe watch a scary/zombie movie if i'm feeling brave...

and if we don't have money we will definitly say home... i'll be wearing a witch's hat and Soshi will have an axe in his head! yay!

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I believe my friends and I are going to a dance club in costume . . .
    yays! sounds like fun.. I remember when one of my friends and I would go out trick or treating... but now that she is in college we may not be able to do that.. I just remember thos good times.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast