+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter.. The Devil?

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Harry Potter.. The Devil?

This will be one simple little topic really.

In light of the past angst against the Potter guy, by the Roman Catholic Church, I have come to a conclusion that they are just trying to blow smoke. (In my view)

But, what I would like to know is the general opinion of Harry Potter in the eyes of the God believers out there.

Do you find the Harry Potter stories to be the spawning of satanic ways, or do you see the concept of such fiction in that way in fact Satanic?

And oh, for you Satanists out there I have a small understanding of the several paths of it. But I have a friend who's a satanist so I realize everything isn't as out and foreboding as the Christians and such believe.

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Harry Potter.. The Devil?

I thought the Potter fear was more situated in bible belt protestant circles?
    Religious fanatics, oh how they amuse me.

EVERYONE should watch Jesus Camp.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Harry Potter being Satanic........no way man!!!!!!!!!!
    That is some bogus crap...........
    I think that they are just wanting to get some attention and maybe even money........so pathetic!!!!!
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Harry Potter being Satanic........no way man!!!!!!!!!!
    That is some bogus crap...........
    I think that they are just wanting to get some attention and maybe even money........so pathetic!!!!!
    They spent a load of money on a large banner dissin' Harry and his ol' stories. Shows how much they care about spending God's Gold for the good of God's children.

>.>;

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

When this whole controversy about Harry Potter being the spawn of the devil sprouted up, I have to say I laughed my head off. It’s something to enjoy, not to make you start doing satanic rituals or something. This was started by some very and I do mean very radical Christians and people of similar beliefs. If something thinks this is bad, I hate to think what their thoughts of some other books are. And I am saying this being a Christian myself.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Harry Potter is just fiction. I honestly don't see how the series could tie in with Satan or demons.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

well I see nothing wrong with it.

I think that is just a good book that has turned into an excelent movie. Yea it has witches and stuff but they have good ones and bad just as if you were looking at a comic book with superman and stuff.
    I dont see anything wrong with it. I am a strong believer of God and things that you shouldn't do but watching a harmless movie is not wrong and the movie it self is not bad. I highly doubt Rowling wanted to try and make lil kids become stantic.

So yea its dumb to think that it is bad.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Jesus Camp, yeah that was funny. SAVED as well.

Harry Potter... the Devil... Did anyone miss the part about him fighting evil?

We have this girl at work who always gave me crap, because I would read the books on my breaks, and I have seen all the movies. She has harassed be so severely about Harry Potter (the witches, the devil, evil, etc...) that I started taking my breaks in my office, instead of in the fresh air. Then she'd ask me if I can find her some cheap Sailor Moon dvds.

Ah, hello! They're kids from another world using powers to destroy their enemies. Not a complete difference.

Well didn't I get stopped in my tracks the other day. I'm passing a room, and she called to me. Better sense said RUN don't walk! However the retarded side of my brain wondered at her different tone. Suspicious I back up.
    "Yes?"
    "Hey, when is the new Harry Potter movie coming out?"
    Stunned silence. With a look of, are you doing smack, or have I lost my mind.
    "You know, the cat plates lady in it."
    "It's out for the holidays I believe. Why?"
    "Because I really liked it."

I couldn't even respond. She goes from amusing religious zealot, to annoying religious freak, to... I don't know.

At first I humored her rantings of Harry Potter being the Devil's work. After awhile I just wanted to beat her over the head with the books. The bigger ones may have done some damage. lol

Wait till she hears I like anime and manga. I can hear it now. Devil's work...

I say, if you don't like the stories blow off. Why stop on my parade. The Devil, now that's funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast