Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: have you ever felt totally isolated?

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: have you ever felt totally isolated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The worst thing you can do is nothing at all and just keep complaining about it.
    Don't like your current situation? FIX IT!
    That's a lot easier said then done despite what you might think. I've been trying to "fix it" for about...four years now.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    That's a lot easier said then done despite what you might think. I've been trying to "fix it" for about...four years now.
    I wonder how much you've been trying to fix it. Not only you but the person(s) you want to fix the relationship with too.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder how much you've been trying to fix it. Not only you but the person(s) you want to fix the relationship with too.
    Yeah I have to agree somewhat there, either fix it or turn this isolated feeling into your favor. You are probably having this feeling because you are not having enough adrenaline flowing in your body. Not enough excitement in life. Either that or the pain in you is real and you need to go see a doctor, maybe a tumor or something.

As for me, I have that feeling from time to time but I turn it into my favor. I turned it into a need to achieve. Still feel isolated but good isolation as in "I am better my peers"

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

My relationships, actually, are fine. My boyfriend is supportive and understanding. So are all my friends. Despite my moodswings and the moments of uncontroled childishness that sometimes comes with the clouded thoughts. I've come to understand that my feeling of isolation has NOTHING to do with the people around me. But with myself. My friends understand the problem and try to help as much as they can to reassure me they are there for me or that I'm not alone. But it does nothing for me unless I work on it myself. Because it's ME feeling isolated. Not them. You can doubt all you want but I know I've been struggling and trying VERY hard for years to rid myself of this diconnected seperated lonely isolated feeling. I feel it in my family. With my friends. With strangers. At any job I've had. I always feel, on the outside. Seperate, different. And not in that "I'm unique and beautiful" sort of way. In that "I'm a freak and they don't think or see things like me" sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Yeah I have to agree somewhat there, either fix it or turn this isolated feeling into your favor. You are probably having this feeling because you are not having enough adrenaline flowing in your body. Not enough excitement in life. Either that or the pain in you is real and you need to go see a doctor, maybe a tumor or something.

As for me, I have that feeling from time to time but I turn it into my favor. I turned it into a need to achieve. Still feel isolated but good isolation as in "I am better my peers"
    And again, to you, I say, it's easier said then done. Obviously you don't get the "Feeling" to the extent that I or some others do. Or you might understand and realize it's not simply that easy. It's easy as hell to talk about fixing things but to actually be able to do it considering all the outside factors that affect something like this makes it even harder. I've seen a doctor plenty. It goes along with my depression, social anxiety and bipolar disorder they tell me.

And personally... I don't find an "I'm better then you and everyone" to be a "good" way to feel. I think it makes people selfish and self centered and I think that theres enough of that floating around these days and that people need to remember to care about other people. Because no one is better then anyone. They're just different. And to think so, is just arrogant.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    I''m all for anti-emo. I take it as an insult aswell. It's stupid. Just because I have negetive feelings I'm emo? Anyways to my point...

I know exactly how you feel. For years.I've felt alone, even though physically, It's almost never true. I am with people costantly. I can't "handle" being alone....because I feel dead. I feel "alone" when I'm with everyone else. The way I feel and my over analyzing/thinking everything makes me feel seperate and different then everyone aroundme. They're so much more care and worry free then I am. They aren't obligated to other peoples feelings like I am. I can't relate to anyone because of this. It makes me extremely depressed. But I smile anyways. Because I don't want anyone important to me to worry about me. That's my job not theirs. Not that I really feel like anyone would do anthing differently I just don't want anyone effected by my pain. IT's bad enough for me.
    It's as though you stole a page from my diary. (not that I keep one)

I often times think things like "I'm so different that nobody could understand", but after reading this thread I think we can all see that people everywhere go through stuff like this. I think people need to talk more, because you never know who feels the same way you do, and having someone to share your feelings with is a good way to get everything out of your system.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post

I often times think things like "I'm so different that nobody could understand", but after reading this thread I think we can all see that people everywhere go through stuff like this. I think people need to talk more, because you never know who feels the same way you do, and having someone to share your feelings with is a good way to get everything out of your system.
    Talking more and exchanging information is what the internet is for.

Otaku BAUTIFULSOUL is off to a good start BAUTIFULSOUL's Avatar
    Thanks

trust me, your not alone i feel the same way ( but imnot emo!!!) i always feel like i have noone to share my feelings with, even if there my closest friends you know?

IF YOU LISTEN CLOSELY, YOU CAN HEAR MY HEART BEATING FOR YOU.
    THIS BEAUTIFUL SIG MADE BY LASURA=D

Thanks

Talking more and exchanging information is what the internet is for.
    I agree! The internet is the only place I used to feel like I had friends at all. I've been working for YEARS on that part of me aswell. The socially anxious one and have branched out onto the making friends in real life plane aswell as having internet buddies. The internet friends I have, sadly, tend to know me better because I am more capible of explaining things and my feelings n' thoughts through text then I am to be able to verbally explain anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post

Well it's nice, as always, to not be "alone" in that catagory. Except that I don't wish this type of feeling on anyone at all. So for that, I hope you push through this soon just like I hope I can work through my issues aswell.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast