+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: have you ever had a home burn down?

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

have you ever had a home burn down?

Has anyone had a home or a place that felt like home burn down? I could really use some help dealing with it right now. Yesterday my family's restaurant burned down and there isn't anything left. It has been in our family for 37 years and it was like a landmark in our hometown. Numerous people keep saying maybe it was a sign telling us to rebuild and create something better but i have the hardest time accepting that. I was in the building when the ceiling collapsed and it was so close to falling on my grandpa. I have never been so scared. I can't help but feel guilty because i got to work about 30 minutes later than usual because i had to do some things first. Maybe if i had paid better attention and noticed that something was wrong when i got there we could have called 911 sooner. I just can't believe its gone just like that.

Has anyone had a similar experience and how did you deal with it?

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: have you ever had a home burn down?

I'm sorry for your loss. I've never had anything like that happen, but I can imagine how devastated you and your family must be. Even so, you can't let it weigh on you too much, it won't do any good and will just drive you into depression. Sign or not, you and your family should assess the situation, and decide realistically what your next move is going to be. Most importantly, don't get discouraged.

But even if you had gotten to work sooner, I doubt it would have made much difference. Older structures (depending on how they were built) tend to burn very quickly. It happened to a restaurant near here, and even though the fire station was only a few blocks away, the place had nearly burned to the ground by the time they got there. Just be glad no one was hurt, and set your sights on making your new place even better. It sounds like you had a good customer base anyway, so you should have no trouble getting people in the door of a new building.

Good luck to you, whatever decision you make.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie demonoflight is off to a good start demonoflight's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm sorry for your loss and i know it's a painful thing to deal with,
    i had a house burn down but it didn't phase me a bit, i was only eight years old at the time, the only things i remember is that it happened on christmas break with 14 inches of snow on the ground and it was cold, and the town we were living in shaded us so much that we had to leave, even my bestfriend then thought we had turned to the lowest filth on earth, just because our house caught fire and burned down right to the foundation.

the best advice and this was given to me by a mental therapist not too long ago, is not to dwell upon it, you're feeling guilty because you were late to work, but no one was injured, you lost your family heir loom and it hurts terribly, but don't hold your anguish in let it out. talk about it with your friends family who ever you feel comfortable talking to, they'll listen to you and the best thing in happenstances like these is support, love, friendship, and family.
    "expect the unexpected, life changes in an instant"

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had are house burn down before.It will be two years this year since it did.I remember it like it was yesterday and its some thing no one should have to go threw ever.

How did i get threw it ?

It wasn't easy for sure days after it happened i was still in shock.Basically i hanged out with friends and family slowly getting back to my old self.I kept to my self more than usual and tried to put it behind me best i could.Even to this day i wonder what would of happened if i got up that morning,what if i did this or that ? but truly in the end f thing nothing more could be done by me.All i would have done is get in the way or gotten hurt.

I was luck to have bin woken up by mother ( due to i am a heavy sleeper ) and got out if i didn't i could have died.It was a fast moving fire with temperatures over 1,000 degrees it got so hot in that house aluminum melted ever were. So i am lucky but are animals were not so lucky which i still this day wish i could have done more for them.But at the time i was in shock so bad i could hardly move.

You should be happy that no one was hurt badly.Because places can be rebuilt and made new again life can not.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Thankfully no it hasn't happened to me and i hope it doesn't but if it did i would know what to do and know that i think about it i feel bad for the people who do lose there house

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

it has never happened to me and i hope it never will. But i really think you shouldn't hit yourself up about not being there right away. It wasn't your fault. You were doing your day to day routine, you have to remember nobodies perfect.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm so sorry and yes i can imagine it happening but only small things have burnt down or being taken apart such as my favourite shed and my favourtie ride in the theme park in blackpool pleasure beach that was the worsty day ever! but nope nothing really important has been taken away

(Hope your alright now)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, I nearly burned down our house when I was 11 years old. I was lookin' for a toy under my bed. I couldn' c cause it was dark, so I went ta get a flashlight. But all of our flashlight batteries were dead, so I grabbed a lighter. That was a big mistake. I got the lighter too close ta the bed and it caught fire. Within a short time the bedroom became a ragin' inferno, luckily I got my mom outta the tub in enough time. Our neighbors came ta help and even called the fire dept., they; and my mom; did their best ta contain the fire 'fore the fire dept. arrived. The firemen managed ta put out the fire 'fore it reached the rest of the house, but the bedroom was pretty much destroyed. For years, I blamed myself for it. My parents kept tellin' me that it was an accident, but I could never forget that it was I who started that blaze. Yet, over the years I learned a valuble lesson from that incident. Time moves on and u haveta move on wit it. Blamin' urself isn' gonna bring it back and sulkin' 'bout it (I'm not sayin' that u r) isn' gettin' anythin' done. Jus' pick up the pieces and move on, that's all u can do. It's not easy; but nothin' in life worth havin' ever comes easy.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast