View Poll Results: Have you lost the love you had at first?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 58.62%
  • No

6 20.69%
  • Possibly, I'm not sure

6 20.69%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you lost the love you had at first?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you lost the love you had at first?

I have heard of an odd ocurrence. People who have known each other for years grow apart and no longer have the strong bond they had at first. This had happened with both lovers and friends. But they lose what they had for each other at first. That is truly sad and truly needs to be settled quickly. This has never happened to me and I want to know what the people of AO think of this. Also I don't mean the lusting kind of love, I mean true genuine love between either friends or commited lovers.

So here's the question: Has this ever happened to you? If so what did you do about it? Did you settle it or did you just let it run its course? If you did settle it, how did you do so? If you didn't what was the result? Positive or negative? How did the person react? How did you react? Perhaps it made the relationship stronger afterward. Please share your immense knowledge.

Plus this also can serve as waring to those that this is happening to. Possibly this could save someone's relationship.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Have you lost the love you had at first?

Oh god this reminds me I have to call my friends. I haven't talked to them in a while.

Anyway distance and time doesn't change the fact that you guys are still friends. Oh and guys don't call it love. It's called having love for them. It sounds slightly less faggish. Not that theres anything wrong with that kind of thing.

Lol I can imagine a conversation like that.

Me: Juan I love you.

Juan: WTF? When'd you turn into a fag.

Me: oh my bad. I mean I have love for you.

Juan: alright. I have love for you too.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh god this reminds me I have to call my friends. I haven't talked to them in a while.

Anyway distance and time doesn't change the fact that you guys are still friends. Oh and guys don't call it love. It's called having love for them. It sounds slightly less faggish. Not that theres anything wrong with that kind of thing.

Lol I can imagine a conversation like that.

Me: Juan I love you.

Juan: WTF? When'd you turn into a fag.

Me: oh my bad. I mean I have love for you.

Juan: alright. I have love for you too.
    I understand what you're saying when it comes to love between friends, especially guys, in your case. But what about between a guy and a girl where you are expected to express love for each other? Do understand what I mean? Like the kind of sweet stuff you'd say to a lover to make them feel warm and fluffy inside ( not to be weird I just can't think of a better way to describe it). That kind of love. But I'm glad you're going to call your friend, don't let the poor dude think you don't care!
    Last edited by NevesElocin; Dec 15, 2006 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Forgetting (again)

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

This is not so much a debate debate kind of topic, so I am moving this to the Cyber Lounge Forum. Please continue the discussion there. Thanks!

+Moving+

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe with time things should get stronger than weaker.

Thats just how life is.

When your younger friendships start with a A and you have to maintain it, when you become up of age. You change it to.

You start with a F then you become a A with time, then its all about maintaining that too. You know.

Everything needs time, and attendtion. Friends tend to loose touch, because they seem to know everything about the person, then there's only, how to keep the friendship going. Like games, weddings, life, etc..

Has this happen to me?

Many times indeed, but thats because I like change. I am aware of whats happening, and when it does, I shouldn't dwell over it all at.

Some people don't like change, so of course things are going to get weaker with time. People change. Thats just how it is.

If you care about them, you will be yourself, and stay there friends or lover. By working with it. Stop waiting, and fix it.

People get married than have a kid. They both change, but they believe they have changed for the better, but they forget how they fell in love, and how they should keep the love going. They just know: "Where close, and we care"

But with Change, time, and life.

Its only bound to happen.

Just don't let it.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea this happened to me and I regret not asking the girl out ;/ she wasn't my best pick in elementary school and then in middle school she was hot and we had grown apart now we are just friends, yup... it sucks.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

It happens to most people throughout their lifes, but the thing is a lot of people just let go, they don't try to get it back. It happened to me a lot of times and everytime it did, I never did one thing to make up for it. I just feel like Sh** at the end thats all. Like for example this whole week I been feeling really sad and then I finally called my friend, who I haven't spoken to in months. So after that I started to talk to her again like the good old days. Its not something people like to do, it most likely just happens, you know.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I lost the girl I used to love. Well I thought I loved her. But stuff does happen and well she is married now. But I never regret our break up. If it wasn't for that i wouldn't be the man I am today.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast