+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Health

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Health

Ok,I got a question.Is it better if you take vics and protein shakes to get stronger or is the old fashion way safer and better??My friend and I were talking about it and debateing it.XD.So what you guys think and also what kinda of workout you think is the best and for the protein shake{drinks, pills or anything that you take}why you think so and which one is the best??
    Perfection is dull

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Health

While there is an argument presented, this is more of a conversation and opinion thread than a debate.

Moving...

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't reckon you need protein shakes and all that stuff. they're handy if you want to become an elite athlete but if you just want to stay in shape, steer clear of them and instead just opt for fruits and nuts.

if you feel that you have to have them, you better be prepared to work really hard or else you're going to start bulging in all the wrong places. i'm still haunted with south park images of cartman just running through those giant protein cans and only getting fatter.

times ohshc watched: 2 and 5/26

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    Ok,I got a question.Is it better if you take vics and protein shakes to get stronger or is the old fashion way safer and better??My friend and I were talking about it and debateing it.XD.So what you guys think and also what kinda of workout you think is the best and for the protein shake{drinks, pills or anything that you take}why you think so and which one is the best??
    Yeah those protein shakes...I've seen those and yeah I think they work. Though I wouldn't recommend taking anything more than normal vitamins and government approved protein mixes. On top of that you really got to have dedication, because those shakes are horrible tasting.

As for workouts, it's best to be balanced (as some guys love to just benchpress, dunno who they trying to impress but they often end up looking like freaks). Check out Men's Health website, as they often have tips on how to weight train and with what amount of weight. It is also important to work out your heart too, and playing Basketball is a good combo of excercise and heart training. Once again I have to refer to my freak friend who only benchpresses and not do the treadmill, he did that and right now he can barely go up and down the court without him gasping.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    my personal opinion, i would have to say that i would steer away from those protein shakes. i don't know y but to me i think they are just a waste of money. i prefer i good diet with all the trimming (what can't u get out of good food that protein shakes can't give u?) and working out everyday in the morning, great way to get u going.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    As for workouts, it's best to be balanced (as some guys love to just benchpress, dunno who they trying to impress but they often end up looking like freaks). Check out Men's Health website, as they often have tips on how to weight train and with what amount of weight. It is also important to work out your heart too, and playing Basketball is a good combo of excercise and heart training. Once again I have to refer to my freak friend who only benchpresses and not do the treadmill, he did that and right now he can barely go up and down the court without him gasping.
    yea i completely agree with u there, there is no point in working out just one part of ur body. and i also recommend swimming that gives u a great work out all over in one go.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

If you're planning to get into serious body building or power training those protein shakes will come in handy. Otherwise they are a waste of time, money and good taste.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with everyone here. You really don't need them especially if its just one part of your body you are working with. They are mainly for serious body building not for just casual work outs. Also there are plenty of foods that have protein. For body building I suggest eating more meat, fish, beans, eggs and other foods that fall into this category. You can get all the nutrition and vitamins from eating a proper diet.

Vitamin supplements and protein shakes are only good for serious body building and for quicker results.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

plus you can just go on a portein diet that helps with works out i would know that is what i used to do for football

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast