+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger dies at 28

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Heath Ledger dies at 28

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    I'm not saying he was a junkie just that it's a lifestyle that teaches them to be careless with drugs, illicit or not. Anyone can die if you take to many of something or the wrong combination
    This isn't necesarily a celeb issue. I'm going to have to side with Ledger on this one ^^; I suffer from insomnia, anxiety and currently have the flu. His death actually had me chuck my insomnia and anxiety meds to the back of the cabinet... which has left me unable to sleep at night, but so much more likely to be "alive" every morning ^^;

My current scripts (all from the same hospital, but different doctors):
    -CALONAL 200mg (2 a day)
    -Cefzon 100mg (3 a day)
    -Mucodine 500mg (3 a day)
    -unmarked "cold medicine" (3g a day)
    -Lexapro 20mg (1 a day)
    -Zolpidem 5mg (1 before sleeping) <--- AMBIEN! (the same sleeping pill Heath was on)

The sudden addition of 4 new meds to my regimen on Friday at about 12 in the afternoon had me pass out asleep until 2am the next day... this is 6 hours AFTER taking my usual meds. You can never really tell how your meds will affect you when taken together, what side effects they will have on you, or how out of it they'll make you until you've gone and swallowed them.

Sleep-inducing meds, for those of us with MAJOR sleep issues, can also cause problems in that they are dependance-inducing. ie. if you take most sleeping pills long enough, it becomes impossible to sleep without them. And like any drug, your resistance to the substance grows somewhat with time. Since sleep issues are often -life long- issues for some of us: we're going to have these particular monkeys on our back for quite some time... celeb or not.

Ambien is also a nasty little mofo... it interacts VERY badly with antidepressants that also contain sedatives or have sedative side-effects. I was actually given my anti-anxiety med from the SAME doctor as my insomnia med O-o; But if Heath got his insomnia med from another doctor AFTER he got his anxiety med and failed to mention it to the doctor (or the doctor didn't ask/check) -- he could easily have his deadly cocktail right here.

Ambien also causes hallucinations and major confusion... If someone ON ambien THEN tries to take their flu regimin, it's completely possible that they'd completely screw it up... take it multiple times... etc.

There are a lot of scenarios here where things could have gone wrong... but I don't think we can blame this one on his "celeb lifestyle". I'm pretty sure he wasn't taking four flu meds daily for his entire career.
    Last edited by tsurara; Jan 26, 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

yea i heard about that on the news the other day i feel bad for him

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post

My current scripts (all from the same hospital, but different doctors):
    -CALONAL 200mg (2 a day)
    -Cefzon 100mg (3 a day)
    -Mucodine 500mg (3 a day)
    -unmarked "cold medicine" (3g a day)
    -Lexapro 20mg (1 a day)
    -Zolpidem 5mg (1 before sleeping) <--- AMBIEN! (the same sleeping pill Heath was on)
    You're taking way too much. Listen to a former pill popper and just stop taking ALL of that medication right now. I know you're in Japan and all but one day of staying in bed will be more effective than all those meds. You can't kill influenza anyway, so don't try. Just rest up and eat (I recommend a lot of fruit) and drink regularly.
    If you can't get to sleep take one fever reducing pill and leave it at that.

And don't take Zolpidem, it can seriously mess you up.

Seriously.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Sorry, but if the lifestyle is killing people maybe you should consider changing it no matter how much money you make.
    That's the sad thing I guess, ledger wasn't in it for the money or the fame, he genuinely loved acting and I guess that's what made him so good, also why he hated the paparazzi.

Don't understand why ambien isn't banned yet when there is so many complaints. It's not unusual now to hear on the news crazy things that people have been doing when they take it (like taking a heater to bed with them...)

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh. I take Ambien. It works fine for me. But its not the medicine, its the people who take it. Its completely their choice to abuse medicine. Although I haven't heard anything wacky happening while people are on it.

I'm ♥mazing!

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723 View Post
    Eh. I take Ambien. It works fine for me. But its not the medicine, its the people who take it. Its completely their choice to abuse medicine. Although I haven't heard anything wacky happening while people are on it.
    You must not live in Australia then. The Therapeutic Goods Administration there slapped warnings on the drug about "rage reactions, worsened insomnia, confusion, agitation, hallucinations and other forms of unwanted behaviour". I've even seen a few US commercials warning about —and I'm paraphrasing here— extremely rare cases of consumers walking, eating, driving and having sexual intercourse in their sleep. I've heard of severe allergic reactions and people having trouble breathing after taking the drug, too...

Perhaps his death shouldn't come as too much of a shock...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723 View Post
    Side effects:
    "Serious adverse reactions including severe anaphylactic and anaphylactoid reactions, abnormal thinking and behavior, complex behaviors, withdrawal effects, amnesia, anxiety, other neuro-psychiatric symptoms and CNS-depressant effects"

Ambien side effects (Zolpidem Tartrate) and drug interactions - prescription drugs and medications at RxList

Sleep Driving:
    Concern Over Ambien And Driving, New Research Shows Sleeping Pills Could Be Contributing To Accidents - CBS News
    Sleep Eating:
    Ambien May Prompt Sleep-Eating, Drug's Maker Concedes It's Possible Side-Effect, Though Rare - CBS News
    Overdose/Combination with Anti-Depressants/Anti-Anxiety meds:
    Ambien (Zolpidem Tartrate) drug overdose and contraindication information - prescription drugs and medications at RxList

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

All this pill nonsense is no good. I was some stuff when I was in hospitalized last year and the sleep pills made me depressed. So they gave me anti-depressants. Mixing uppers and downers is very bad. At the end I was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder which I did not have. Chuck the pills before they give you more.

No one knows what was wrong with Heath Ledger. We can't tap into his memories and find out. Whether he had problems or not it doesn't matter. He must have known the risks before making any decisions in life. He made up his mind and this turned out to be the end result. We can argue all day about how he died but in the end he's dead. Nothing in the world can change that. Besides next week something else will happen in the world of celebrities and this will be old news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast