+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Hellion Bar - At The Crossroads Of Eternity

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

The Hellion Bar - At The Crossroads Of Eternity

Somewhere in space, within a crowded asteroid belt,amongst wreckage of failed flight, lies a bar....But not just any bar. This is a bar where gods and devils go to work deals with desperate mortals, where smugglers rendezvous to carry out their trade, where anyone can find some strange in a strange universe. The Hellion Bar. Where the only law that exists is the law of neutral ground.

There are many ways to find this place, though one must have a good pilot and a good ship to make it through the dangers of an asteroid belt, for failure in flight becomes death amongst the great space stones floating along silently. However, one does not need to go through asteroids and light years of space to get here.

The Hellion Bar exists in one spot but amongst many planes of existence. It is at the crossroads of eternity.

To find it, one must find the neon lights that light the way. Once found, one comes upon a well-lighted asteroid, one so built up and in that one can get lost here for days, if not years. However, the top of the asteroid is where visitors park their rides and see what appears to be a two story building of plexiglass and alloyed metal with a large, neon, red sign that simply reads,"Hellion Bar". It reads in whatever language the viewer can understand.

As you step closer to the door, you see it guarded by a pair of rough looking Orcs wielding nasty looking clubs and a sign saying "Leave all your weapons where you need them, for they aren't wanted here." After a compulsory search for weapons (non-invasive pat down and wave of a wand), you are allowed inside.

Within the bar itself, you can barely hear the music of the live band amongst the din of so many patrons, of all shapes, sizes, and persuasions. Waitresses carry drinks to tables and more orcish bouncers eye the crowds with suspicion.

You proceed through the throngs to reach a great bar made of jade that patrons cover with their drinks, food and whatever else they decide to sit there.

Standing in front of a well-lighted liquor cabinet that seems to go on for eternity stands a man in black, wearing a metal hockey mask and an armored trenchcoat serving a patron a shot of white liquor that glows like a dimming sun with a gloved hand.

The only identifying marks on him are a neon, red Chaos Star button on his lapel and a neon, red M on the brow of his mask. The mask's lenses are like mirrors reflecting the light all around.

As you take the only seat open on the bar, you are noticed. The masked man looks your way and shouts in whatever tongue you speak,"Oy! Welcome to The Hellion Bar! My name is Hash. What shall we start you off with?"

This is a combination of RP and Chat, where the rules are fast and loose. Use your persona and have some fun. I will deal with whatever happens "in game". I have an imagination and are not afraid to use it.
    Last edited by TaurusDemon23; Aug 09, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie RazorCraft is off to a good start RazorCraft's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Hellion Bar - At The Crossroads Of Eternity

[It's funny. I don't RP any more, but I read this today just as I found myself in a writing mood. I thought the introduction was an extremely inviting and enticing read. I'll add my two cents in, for fun, and to see if I still possess the power of the pen.]

It was understood, by This One, that the figure to his right spoke to no one. At this place, where time immemorial lusts for unison with space; where the universe stews in amalgum with silky eternities layered thinly, delicately across one another; where each breath is breathless, and every thought a sin and a blessing together; where good and evil but misconceptions, a euphemism for life's timeless ignorance--

It was understood, by This One, that the figure spoke to no one, and at the same time, everyone. It was not only This One who sat betwixt the waning voices inside of the bar, but all who have existed and ever will exist. This One stretched his cloaked head 30 degrees to his left. He felt the sinew of the right side of his neck tighten and bristle until the dense popping sound resonated in his collar. He did this again, this time to the right. Another pop loosened the musculature of his neck, summoning a warming sensation at the inner tips of his shoulders. It splashed at his upper body, and like a red paint, embraced him; coated him in its shallow warmth.

This One silently placed both hands on the bar. They too, like the rest of his figure, were cloaked; black leather gloves enveloped both of his hands, the shaft of both gloves disappearing into the sleeves of This One's cloak. Finally, as if cracking through stone and ice, as if unsettling the entirety of time and space, he opened his lips, and spoke:

"I seek the Calamity," were his words.

The voices inside the bar wisped through the air, like spirits. They exist, yet they do not. Each booming conversation, each whispered secret: they cannot live, yet they cannot die. Carried through this realm of specter's dealings and phantom conversations were This One's four calm, precise words. Though spoken in such a collected manner, these words filled the room, strangling every other sound until all other words had been successfully suffocated, and at the conclusion of This One's sentence, the bar fell silent.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i ask for a burning Venice as i look around the smoke filled bar, i wondered what i might find in such a place. As i waited for my drink i looked at all the deals being made good and bad all of them a last resort in my opinion since everything happens for a reason. i then listen to the strangers explanation of the calamity .
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

As the silence of the crowd permeates, Hash merely cocks his head. "Calamity? There are many sorts of calamity. Are you looking to have a calamity of the body? That, I can help you with. The others, I cannot. Here,"Hash pulls out a rocks glass and begins pulling out three bottles, one with clear liquid, one with jet black liquid, and one encased in metal, with a warning label on it and an obvious radiation symbol. He doesn't even bother with ice, as he knows ice does nothing for this drink.

Hash pours the black spirit first, up to half the glass, then he opens the clear spirit but does not pour it. He then turns to the metal bottle with the warning label. "If I don't do this right, sir, I can destroy us all just attempting this drink." Those who see Hash working on this drink have looks of concern on their faces.
    "Fortunately, I can do this right."

With that remark, Hash rubs his thumb along a spot on the metal bottle, and a ping is heard. Like a pin drop, but one that echoes through the bar amongst the silence. As he flips the lid with one hand, Hash grabs a pair of tweezers. The light that comes out the bottle is intense. Yet the word seems like a foul understatement. It shines out like some super-powered flashlight, illuminating the immediate area with light, sending shadows dancing amongst the walls.

With practiced hand, Hash digs into the contents of the bottle, and pulls out a miniscule fragment of what's inside. That done, He quickly shuts the bottle, the lid twisting by itself with another small ping. The glowing fragment barely looks the size of a grain of sand, yet the glow it gives off is intense. Hash puts the fragment into the glass. As quickly as he drops it, he grabs the clear substance and pours the rest of the glass full, and with that, the two liquids still look separate. Then it happens. What looks like a small explosion within the glass makes it shake violently, and the explosion fills the glass. Then it all goes white as nothingness. What seems like minutes later, yet are just seconds, the drink stabilizes. What's left is a glowing white liquid. The glowing throbs like a still beating heart.

Hash lifts the glass and sets it in front of This One with great care. Not a drop is spilled. "Here you go, sir, one Calamity, though we call it the Borellian White Lightning in these parts. You can kill a vampire with this shxt! Now, do you want to run a tab or pay now? This drink alone costs 50,000 credits. I hope you can pay, although those who tend to buy one of these tend to afford them."

Suddenly, a large man with red hair and red beard stands beside This One, wearing viking garb and a winged helmet. Six silver discs line the front of his chest. "Ho, Lokison! You split divinity from mortality this fair night?"
    Looking to This One with skepticism, the large man with the winged helmet and red beard exclaims, "Greetings hooded one, and farewell! Thou seek to end thy life this night? There are worse ways of doing so! That be a drink for the mightiest of the mighty!"

With that, Hash puts away the metal bottle and a sigh of relief is felt and heard amongst the crowds and the din begins anew. He turns towards his newest arrival. "Cupholder, a long time since we've last met, brother!" With that, Hash takes Holder's Dark Chalice and begins making a burning venice." I remember you were out guiding some mortals on some quest to save their world the last time we met. How did that go? Did they save their little world?"

I need to make my posts smaller. Typing all this can be murder....

PS: All NPCs I control. I will do what I can to make their responses in a timely manner. LOL.
    Last edited by TaurusDemon23; Aug 09, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Move Along.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

AYE it was a good quest and they did save there world but one of them ended up celebrating a little early thinking it was all good and lost the movement of his legs sadly. apparently using subterfuge injectors on a C class Britannic ship which is only meant for light loads messed up and something exploded near the guy where he cant walk anymore. HA HA good times i tell you.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

"That's too bad. You should bring him here one of these days and have a toast to his lost legs. Keh heh heh!" As his chuckle fades, Hash pulls out a large bottle of Stygian Mead for the red-bearded viking with the winged helm. "A pleasure to see you here! How is Midgard these days?" He hands him the bottle of mead.

With a look of disapproval, the red-bearded, winged-helmed viking replies," So this be what you've been left to, Lokison? Tending a bar at the ends of eternity?"

"Yes indeed. I'm surprised you disapprove. I know how much you like to drink, Thor of Asgaard. Don't worry, I didn't put mistletoe in the mead. If I started poisoning customers, no one would come here and I would be lonely.It gets lonely out in space. So, a tab, I take it?"

"Indeed, Lokison! Now I take my leave and find a good table. Send the blond wench over there to tend to me." With that, Thor walks away from the jaden bar.

Hash looks to the left and sees the waitress standing there. "Illithia! Go tend to our venerable Odinson at his table! His coin is worth your cunny and you will give it to him if he demands it! Andale!"
    With a reddened face, the waitress rushes to follow Thor to his table.

"So, Cupholder where were we? Talking about good times?"
    Move Along.

Newbie RazorCraft is off to a good start RazorCraft's Avatar
    Thanks

This One was silent, accepting of the rekindling conversations of the bar. It was as if, among life, he was stagnant. Words, thoughts, and memories, all rained across his face, but nary a drop pattering his skin. Indeed, it was as if the rivers of thought and speech bent around him, both in respect, and perhaps in fear, of his stoic, untouchable nature.

Slowly winding his fingers through the dimensions, This One felt the radiating chill of the glass holding the concoction. Mightiest of the mighty.

The Calamity; it was more than refreshment. It was more than liquid death. It was far beyond a name given to a drink that struck the bar uneasy.

This One now clenched the drink in his right hand. His grip tightened ferociously at the container. It began to audibly chip, visibly crack, yet no liquid spilled. The pieces chipped away from the This One's increasingly powerful grip floated upward and dissolved into oblivion; the rest of the container, refreshment included, immediately followed suit.

Just as the drink disappeared, did This One raise his left hand to his face, where again the container materialized, this time on its side, pouring its contents into the vast darkness of This One's hood. Presumably down his throat, as evidenced by the unmistakable sound of innards tearing, burning, and curling in flavorful agony. This was a drink to forget one's life, to escape one's loathsome, torturous existence.

The container returned to the table, empty. This One stood, an unbelievable feat considering most men fall flat on their back at this point. He turned away from the bar, toward the doorway.

One of the Orc Guards from the entrance way spilled into the room, and was quickly dispatched in a disintegration field, accompanied by a painful grunt mixed with crying. Now from the entrance way scuttled a medium-height, domed metal being with multiple probosci jetting from its upper portion; one telescopic proboscis is presumed to act as its eye.

In an english accent, drowned in its own robotic pitch, standing meters away from This One, it spoke:

"Exterminate!"

Thanks

Hash's conversation with The Holder is suddenly interrupted by sudden pandemonium at the front door. Looking that way, Hash realizes what is going on when he sees the metal thing with the proboscises blasting patrons and hears it's droning declaration and his palm immediately hits his face. "Fxcking Daleks. What the hell are they doing here?"

Hash grabs the closest bouncer by his collar and shouts an order. "Implement emergency measure 5! Get as many men as you can and make sure that dalek doesn't cover anymore ground." "*grunt* Sure ting, boss!" "Make sure everyone turns their clubs on to "bounce" mode! We cannot fxck around with these things! Now get moving!" That said, Hash pushes the bouncer on to do his duty. Calmly pushing the side door to the jaden bar open, he walks through and pulls out a gold, elegantly designed rod with an opening at one end.

"The bouncers aren't gonna be able to hold it off for long. Time to have a little fun, like back in the good ol days."

For as much as the bouncers are seen as the muscle of the bar, the fear of what they do isn't what keeps patrons in line. Fear of what Hash is, what Hash was, and what Hash still might be is what keeps the patrons in line.

Hash steps down the way as patrons run for the back, patio doors, and other emergency doors in fearful haste. With reassurance, he spins the golden rod a couple times then flips a switch on the side. With a sound much like the thruster of a spaceship firing up, a blade of bright, orange, energy emits from the golden rod. With his left hand, Hash makes an arcane gesture ending with the index and pinky fingers pointed upwards in front of his face.

A gleam of orange light reflects off the lenses of his mask and he exudes an aura of confidence that fills the immediate area.
    Move Along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast