+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Help!

Ok so here's the deal, I'm painting my ceiling and I have 20-30 tiles that are pretty big in size and I'm painting on some murals and stuff and I'm trying to base it off of natural things... like right now I'm working on a starry night with a comet...

So the thing is I don't have 20-30+ ideas... and i need some ideas... I doubt they'll be anything amazing but I'm tired of staring at a white ceiling... so I'm using my boredum productively.

Anything is welcome and there will be pictures to follow...

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Ok so here's the deal, I'm painting my ceiling and I have 20-30 tiles that are pretty big in size and I'm painting on some murals and stuff and I'm trying to base it off of natural things... like right now I'm working on a starry night with a comet...

So the thing is I don't have 20-30+ ideas... and i need some ideas... I doubt they'll be anything amazing but I'm tired of staring at a white ceiling... so I'm using my boredum productively.

Anything is welcome and there will be pictures to follow...
    Depends on how skilled you are rly.
    collourfull dark clouds and such usually look really great but are a bit hard to do i imagine. Googling around a bit you should easily be able to find examples such as these: Link. Maybe look up the painted ceilings of churches etc and pick out the parts you think are doable, for instance some sunset or something.

I'm curious how its gonna turn out tho ^^ so bring on those pics!

Newbie Mortacxo is off to a good start Mortacxo's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to counter those clouds with stripes, not hard to do and can get rly rly nice with the right colors.. and im talking about like 3 different colors and diagonal pattern in the rectangular celing with variations of white-gray-black.
    3 huge diagonal stripes. Well maybe my taste is funny... But hey i'd have it in my strange home.

To Love ru ftw!

-~Things that you know, are they real?~-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mortacxo View Post
    I'm going to counter those clouds with stripes, not hard to do and can get rly rly nice with the right colors.. and im talking about like 3 different colors and diagonal pattern in the rectangular celing with variations of white-gray-black.
    3 huge diagonal stripes. Well maybe my taste is funny... But hey i'd have it in my strange home.
    stripes? tribal patterns! =D easy to get examples to as peeps tend to show off theyre tats on the interwebs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remagine View Post
    stripes? tribal patterns! =D easy to get examples to as peeps tend to show off theyre tats on the interwebs
    well well, works, heck everything works i just want stripes XP

To Love ru ftw!

Thanks

well well, works, heck everything works i just want stripes XP
    lets not forget hes trying to base it on natural things tho, so maybe something with a big moon where the comet passes by?

Thanks

hmm, sound dreamlike, i like that. Black base paint and the detail work with the image of the earth and the moon(?) not to forget the light effects of the comet will be difficult but who wouldn't love to just stare into that ceeling later on.

Or just something simple as square patterns like modern art although with some kind of IRL motive mixed into it?

To Love ru ftw!

Thanks

hmm, sound dreamlike, i like that. Black base paint and the detail work with the image of the earth and the moon(?) not to forget the light effects of the comet will be difficult but who wouldn't love to just stare into that ceeling later on.

Or just something simple as square patterns like modern art although with some kind of IRL motive mixed into it?
    well since its a bunch of tiles some kind of mosaic image might be doable. paint a bunch of tiles in the same collor to make an image of a star or something. Linky

im gonna shut up now tho, should let other people get a chance to post on this page

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast