+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Helping a freind in need....

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Helping a freind in need....

Ok, ive been thinking of suicide alot lately becuase i have a freind who is suicidal.
    And ive been trying to figure out a way to help her.

Unfortunately she feels she cannot go to her parents since she has been caught by them in a previous failed attempt and is afraid to anger them or somthing of that nature.

Ive been talkin to her and was succesfull in calming her down.

But i know she wont stay like this forever, so id promised her we'd go see a professional about her troubles.

Problem is she is uninsured, we dont have money, we dont know what type of doctor/professional to seek out, or if we should go to a hospital, she wont risk calling a suicide helpine on her cell cuz the 1-800 number will show on her bill and her parents will get paranoid.

I dont know what to do, so now my question is this AO, have you had a freind who was depressed or suicidal youve had to find a way to help?

How did you overcome your troubles, and was the solution you sought effective?

Again thankyu...
    Yay-yea?

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Helping a freind in need....

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
    I've had a simular problem with a friend. Honestly I think your on the right start by being there for her and looking out for her. To help my friend it was alittle easier since her parents were alittle more understanding. If your friend is worried about the number showing on her phone bill, has she tried using a pay phone or public phone. Also is there any places in your city that has a free help center for teens that could be helpful as well.
    Once again I'm sorry not to be much help. It's just these situations are always hards since very person handles things differently.
    I hope things work out for you and your friend !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja_Amaya For This Useful Post:

Rook (Jun 29, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you consider getting her a prepaid phone??

Lemme do some searching and see what I can find out for ya.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Helping a freind in need....

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Amaya View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
    I've had a simular problem with a friend. Honestly I think your on the right start by being there for her and looking out for her. To help my friend it was alittle easier since her parents were alittle more understanding. If your friend is worried about the number showing on her phone bill, has she tried using a pay phone or public phone. Also is there any places in your city that has a free help center for teens that could be helpful as well.
    Once again I'm sorry not to be much help. It's just these situations are always hards since very person handles things differently.
    I hope things work out for you and your friend !
    oh wow, where would i find a teen center?
    and what services do they provide?
    are the free?

Oh and to answer your question, we havent tried a pay phone becuase either they have been damaged by the public or just taken out of service.

And a public phone is just that. PUBLIC.

thanks, everybit of help, helps = )

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Have you consider getting her a prepaid phone??

Lemme do some searching and see what I can find out for ya.

Prepaid phone, im not exactly sure how that works.

And thankyu. = )
    Yay-yea?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Prepaid phone, im not exactly sure how that works.

And thankyu. = )
    A prepaid phone is a regular cell phone that you can purchase with already minutes in there and no need for a plan or anything. ANd if you buy it for your friend, it's almost untraceable even if the parents wanna find out. Cuz why? If you use a credit card it won't be under your friend's name.

That or you can look for the hotlines and help centers ninja was mentioning about.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm.. well if you check in the phone book or even ask a teacher at your school they may be able to direct you in the right direction.

Do you have a school shrink that could maybe help? ( if your out of shool I'm sorry this most likely isnt much help)

... pre-paid phone is a good idea

Any ways your quite welcome. I really do hope things turn out ok.
    If you ever need help just message me. ^^

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Look in the phone book for you area under psychiatric care. There are some that will give treatment or therapy on a sliding scale based off what you can pay. Also consider going to clergy. While they cant medicate they are trained in therapy. Maybe what she needs is someone who is impartial to listen to her. There is help out there, but you have to look for it.

You and she have my prayers.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Thanks

Here is what I found on a quick google of: Free help for suicidal ppl

Suicide Prevention: Understanding and Helping a Suicidal Person

Honestly I recommend letting your friend talk to non-profit organizations and professionals. It's great you are trying to help your friend, but you don't have the training and neither do we. The best you can do is to keep your friend company while he/she gets treatment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast