+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Helping a freind in need....

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Helping a freind in need....

This worked for one of my friends but it dosen't work for everyone.

Show your friends all the people that will miss her and be sad if she kills her self tell them about it and then show her again what the react like when they find out what she wants to do.

When i did this with my friend she broke down and hasn't been suicidal in 3 years.She enjoys life and is glad she didn't go thru with it.

Or you could go onlie with ur friend and show her the facts.99% or people who survived suicide or didn't go thru with it are glad and happy with there life and are no longer suicidal.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

im sorry to hear about this...and no worries hun ur a good friend for just even helping!!!

but for someone like that i guess all you can do is tell her the pros of everything and find out the reason why shes like that there could be something that is fixable!

just try your best at it if u can clam her down im sure you can leave her and her parents at ease....

but i think her family should know about this...

and im sure as hell know telling your family some things is very hard...so just advice her and keep her thinking positive about herself etc and she will hopefully be fine!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

well her family knew about her first attempt and acted extremely negative and
    treated the situation poorly.

And it can be really difficult to show her the pros of life when i myself am nihilistic, and im afraid she is too.

But wanting to tell her family is up to her, i do not want her to think i am betraying her by goin to her family and create problems, she thinks im the only freind she has.
    What would such a betrayal do to her?

But well, i cant give up now.
    Yay-yea?

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

To me it sounds like she is very Isolated, and that can cause feelings of inadequacy, depression, lack of interest in the world around her, the feeling of wanting to hide or disappear. Since her family is not supportive she might be feeling that if she just disappeared nobody would notice and that it might be better for everyone else if she did disappear. That is what happened to me and it was a friend who helped me find myself and literally saved me.
    This may work for you and your friend, but please remember that it can take time(there is no instant fix): get her out into the world, go to the library and look over and discus books. you could start with magus or her favorite type of fiction. talk about them(please stay away from self help books), go to the local mall and window shop -talk to friends from school. Take her to the pet shop and have her play with the puppies. There's nothing like a puppy who excepts you for who you are. Take walks and talk. this can be around the block, at the nearest park, go to the beach, flea market, go to yard sales when you are talking to her keep the conversation light. point out some of her favorite things point out some of your favorite things, get her talking about future plans, like going to Disney world some day, what would be her dream job and how would she go about getting it, what is the strangest thing she can think of that she would like to do some day. This will get her thinking about things outside of the pain she is feeling. Start a hobby, any hobby and learn all that you can about it while doing it. Talk to people of different faiths and I don't mean just the different churches, I mean talk to Pagans, and Druids, and Wiccan, and Native Americans, talk to people who walk different path through this life. It could be that she needs to find her path and when she does she will blossom into a wonderfully unknown person. That person is in there locked behind walls of pain. help her find the key to unlock herself. That is what was done for me and it worked wonders, but it did take TIME.
    Aquinine`(Until our paths met again may you be blessed)

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, a fellow amateur therapist.

I had a suicidal friend and helped her through it, so i know the feeling.

My way of dealing with this sort of thing is to not see a professional. in my experiences with them, they only make you more depressed. A friend is truly the best way to go because who knows you better than a close friend? Plus, knowing what to do to let the person open up to you is a great talent as well. put them in their comfort zone, and hold hands as you enter it. Be their crying shoulder and the razor won't be at their wrists any time soon.

When i have a problem, though, i turn to music. Nothing beats a big Slayer induced headbanging after a hard day of anything.
    Why hello there!

Thanks

No not an amateur therapist. I was the patient. and I was helped throught that terrable time by my friend.

Anything is Pawsable

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    No not an amateur therapist. I was the patient. and I was helped throught that terrable time by my friend.
    i meant the person posting the thread. had i meant you, i would have used the quote function, lol.

\but at least we both know what;s going on, eh? *extends a hand*
    Why hello there!

Thanks

Yep we do. sorry for the misunderstanding * accepts the hand*

Anything is Pawsable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast