+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Helping a freind in need....

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Helping a freind in need....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    Yep we do. sorry for the misunderstanding * accepts the hand*
    no problem.

but yes, suicide is a very tricky business. you need to choose your words and metaphors carefully. which is why ir eccomend not seeing a pro. you know the person better and would have a better chance of having them see the light than most pros.
    Why hello there!

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

@ rook from page one

so they acted like that , that donsnt help anyone but yes the betral would be aweful but also may help her....isnt that what true firends do ...they help in the sence thats best for there firend....i donno why she feels this way maybe a coulsiler would help her although if u feel like that they would take action...

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    @ rook from page one

so they acted like that , that donsnt help anyone but yes the betral would be aweful but also may help her....isnt that what true firends do ...they help in the sence thats best for there firend....i donno why she feels this way maybe a coulsiler would help her although if u feel like that they would take action...
    well, she does sometimes get depressed over some problems, but mostly
    she depressed without cause.
    like everyday almost.
    its quiet troublesome.
    you know given that we dont live together or anything like that, i cant always be there for her.

so can anti-d's be part of the solution?
    Therefore a trip to the doctor or Hospital?

but the thing we're worried about is not being able to pay for it, not recieving the help we're looking for.
    And shes afraid of goin thru with the whole visit. feeling "ashamed" and "scared" of this whole ordeal.

But admits that this can be a problem, but isnt sure.
    Yay-yea?

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately, no matter how badly you want to help her, she must be the one willing to receive help in what ever form it comes in. Just talking to a councillor or clergy can START the ball rolling. But she is the only one who can start that first step. All you can do is be there to catch her if she stumbles.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    so can anti-d's be part of the solution?
    Therefore a trip to the doctor or Hospital?

but the thing we're worried about is not being able to pay for it, not recieving the help we're looking for.
    And shes afraid of goin thru with the whole visit. feeling "ashamed" and "scared" of this whole ordeal.

But admits that this can be a problem, but isnt sure.
    Honestly drugs can help, but if you and her can't afford it I wouldn't recommend it. Once she gets off the drug what do you think will happen?? There should be free help out there, with anonymity; however, the medication part you are on your own. Besides you how many close friends does she have that can keep their mouth shut??

Perhaps each of you can dig deep and chip in to help her.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

There was one time when i needed profesional help, because one of my friends tried to do a suicide. I would have simply went to the school psychologist if it really was needed. But luckily, I found out the next day or so that the suicide was a lie just to get attention and my insecurance and fear and feeling of guilt turned into pure anger, which passed soon, so I was ok again.

Well you could lend your friend your mobile phone to call a help line or she could call from one of those phones on the streets? Really, if there is no way for you to get profesional help, the helpline can be a lot of help and you should think further than just her phone O.o
    Well meditation would help me a lot too... meaning... just to calm yourself, see the good things in life, not only the bad things, to believe in the future... Well I have always pulled myself away from thoughts of suicide just because I think it's a big sin to take away your life and bebcause I think you can always find a better way out of the situation. And also, if you do suicide, people around you will be hurt and I don't want that to happen. As well as I couldn't kill myself because my bf dies or smth., because I'm hurting him with that too, in a way- he would like me to live.

You just need to find the good things in life, to enjoy every moment and so on...

Also... maybe her parents could help her a bit. Even if they get parranoid... it's not like they'll lock her in her room (because there's lots of ways of suicide even in an empty room), they will most likely have to help her get professional help, especially if she asks exactly for that.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3