+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: High school drop outs

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

High school drop outs

your opinion?

i am leaning forward to dropping out of high school. My body can't physically take the stress of just waking up in the morning let alone doing the work. So I was planning to drop out and get my GED, then go to school for massage therapy. I'm still a little uneasy about it though. Probably because it's so looked down upon, and if my grandpa finds out he'll be really disappointed and may disown me. So tell me what you think.

~ULA
    Last edited by urlovelyassassin; Oct 03, 2007 at 08:18 PM.

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: High school drop outs

i really dont see that its worth it. At the cost of physical stress, just go for it. wait until you really get into really stressful working environments. Like collge/uni for example, those are torture, also working under stressful bosses. high school has nothing on these. For you highschool should be the easiest form of education(aside from kindergarten) but still.

As for getting up early, i have some personal advice, GROW UP AND GET TO BED EARLIER!!!, i had this problem all through highschool and college and i regret it XD. though you';; have to be a genius like me to fly through all your tests
    Last edited by SasuraiHell; Oct 03, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I think if you can't make it through high school, and for no better reason than you don't like to get up early, you aren't going to go very far in life, GED or not. What year are you? If you're in your junior or senior year, quitting now would be stupid, as you're more than halfway through.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

i thought i had to explain myself more
    alright well here we go
    unlike other people my body likes to act against me
    i have no problem going to school and doing my work
    if it wasnt for my body always coming down with
    weird unexplained illnesses all the time and only
    during the school year. my doctor said it is because
    of stress but i never really feel stress it's just unconciously until it turns me sick
    today i got an anxiety attack and felt just lost and
    confused sometimes as to where i was
    i dont think if i do stay in school it'll do good because
    im always either 1. missing school cause im sick, or 2. im in school but cant do my work because im sick

last year believe it or not i missed a whole marking period at one time because i came up with a mysterious rash

ill have a whole year and a half to study for my GED and ill hire tutors and stuff if i need them

and i wont be going to college because there are special schools just for massage therapy and i can go to those
    and i know i wont freak out there because im going to have a lot of hands on work and ill be doing something i actually like

also i might take business classes at the community college in case i want to one day self employ myself and atleast then i can pick the hours i wish to go to school for that and it wont be five days a week

i would love to continue through high school
    but im just sick of being sick it gets so tiring

Gren: I am in 11th grade, however because of that marking period i missed i have to take two extra classes in my senior year
    meaning that i will have to stay in school from 7:20 - 5:00 every single day for five days a week
    and im already having trouble now

obviously this is something ive been thinking about for a while, so it's not like i just woke up one day and said "hey what if i quit school?"

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

My 2 cents, for what it may be worth:
    My father dropped out. He always felt real bad about it, and a bit ashamed. He felt like a hypocrite when he'd get on us about anything in school, and he always got real quite after he'd lecture us about quiting something. He finally went back and got his GED. I can still remember how happy he was. He felt good, because he finally finished it. He still felt bad that he dropped out, and he said more than once that it was a mistake he wished he could take back.
    There are people who have made it big, and they were drop outs.
    Life is hard. I get up early every morning, and work a very hard & VERY STRESSFUL job. School seems like an easy dream to me now.
    Do what you need to do, but remember to think hard before you act. Good Luck.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you talked to a therapist about your anxiety attacks and illnesses? Your physician can tell you it's stress, but unless you see someone who's a professional at dealing with mental states, it won't get any better. And what happens if you start massage school and have the same problems? Quitting high school may seem like the ideal solution, but it doesn't address the root of your problems. If you can handle the work, and really want to stay in school, try looking into alternate solutions before just giving up school completely.

11th grade...I'm guessing you're about 16 or 17? Your age alone makes you more susceptible to what you're feeling, but the fact that you're having serious physical symptoms of stress means you really need to speak with a professional.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

it's hard to tell people how serious i am about this topic
    i know that all of you have to get up early too and it's stressful for you too
    but you're not sick everyday
    and if i go to a professional they'll probably give me anxiety medication
    and i also dont have money for a proffesional to speak with

and also i am very passionate about massage therapy and something like that i never get bored with or not motivated with to work on something im that passionate about

i understand where you're coming from dont think im not hearing you
    but you have to hear me out too

for my career of choice i dont need all of these school credits or anything like that

and if i ever do lose interest in massage therapy i know ill want to become a nurse which has the same preparation of massage therapy

please dont judge me because of my age it is not a factor
    im smart and like i said this isnt just a think of it once and act on it thing

and iam really listening to other people's opinions

it seems that people i speak to myself, one on one get where i am coming from more

other than on the computer because i cant really show exactly how serious i am

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't do it.

Reguardless of what is said: a GED is not equivalent of a high school degree. Dropping out will brand your forever in the eyes of your peers, family and future employers. Nothing looks WORSE on a job application than having nothing to put in the "education" field... except perhaps a criminal record. Even if you're only squeaking by: finishing high school is something you'll be glad for having done...

Not finishing high school also reflects poorly on your character: as it implies that you can't handle high stress situations, apply yourself or keep commitments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast