+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: High school drop outs

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

Re: High school drop outs

is it really worth it though feeling like **** every single day of it
    not being able to enjoy the weekends or anything?
    and it also makes me depressed
    i understand id be looked down upon a little but
    it doesnt really matter to me if im happy and energetic and well

actually after creating this thread i think it helped me to make the decision final.
    i believe i will drop out
    but i am still up for opinions
    i love opinions and i cherish them
    so i would like to here them

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the general consensus so far is that dropping out would be a big mistake.

I'm not writing off your feelings because of your age, I'm just telling you that you shouldn't make life altering decisions like this one without first exhausting all other options, and at least talking to someone who's experienced in dealing with this kind of situation. As tsurara said, employers do not look kindly on people who didn't finish high school, so you're basically setting yourself up for a lot of future rejection. The job market is competitive, and employers will never pick someone with a GED over someone with a high school diploma if both are equally qualified for the job.

ill have a whole year and a half to study for my GED and ill hire tutors and stuff if i need them
    Private tutors aren't much cheaper than psychiatrists, so if you can't afford one, you can't afford the other.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post

Private tutors aren't much cheaper than psychiatrists, so if you can't afford one, you can't afford the other.
    that is true but ill have a full time job if i quit school and ill be able to pay for tutors and i would need a car to go to a psychiatrist which i do not have

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urlovelyassassin View Post
    that is true but ill have a full time job if i quit school and ill be able to pay for tutors and i would need a car to go to a psychiatrist which i do not have
    You need to be HIRED to get a full time job. Good luck finding a good one without a high school education. Do you really want to flip burgers for the rest of your life (and without any promise of promotion, since your peers will almost always be more qualified than you are)?

For the record: the working world is no less demanding than the educational one. In reality, you'll probably find yourself with even less time, energy and freedom than before.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    For the record: the working world is no less demanding than the educational one. In reality, you'll probably find yourself with even less time, energy and freedom than before.
    very true, on a bad day at work(and i work 11hrs a day somtimes 12) when i get home im very very tired leaving me only 3-4hrs or so to myself before going back to work in the morning[fyi i work in carpentry] , somtimes i get very stressed if my bosses are in a bad mood, now that is utter hell and does a number to my body physically.

and how do i manage to keep sane and be the loving mod you all adore? i really dont know, it takes a lot of anti-stress method to null my mood, like drinking lots of tea, and eventually partying

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

I hear/read what you are saying & I myself know the pain... I was a senior in high school & I had this 8hr. shift job after school (2nd shift)... I had to be at the job at 3 o'clock p.m. , but I would leave school at 2:30 (I had an elective for class - P.E.)

I would get off & try to do my homework/projects late at night & if I didn't have any work I would stay up cause I am a night owl so to speak... I wouldn't go to sleep until 3 or 4 & had to be in my homeroom at 8:10... Of course I was always late & most times I would miss my 1st two classes...

Those two classes I always miss I fell behind & found out after the 1st semester that I failed those two classes (English, Algebra II)... I already had a feeling that I was failing cause of me not turning in certain things & forgetting this & that & never being there...

So I wasn't going to be able to walk/graduate... I was a lil' nervous cause I had to tell my family & I already knew that they was going to be disappointed more than being angry... (That is me I hate to disappoint ppl esp. ppl close to me) & plus I was thinking about just quitting school & just keep on working & get my GED...

Then I started to think... I am in my senior year, I put up with all the bullsh!t that came with highschool, I am almost done, & that I deserve to graduate... All this is a wall I have to climb...

So I went ahead & finished second semester... They told me I could go to summer school, but I decided to go back the next school yr. 2nd semester for those two classes, so I can keep working... I found out that I had to pay $75 to take an online class because I still needed a English credit, so I did that... (If I would of went to summer school for English I wouldn't had to pay for that online class)...

N*E*ways I was still working & everything when it came time for me to start school again I quit my job so, I can make sure my full mind, & time was into school & graduating... I felt if I would of kept my job I would just be repeating the pattern that led me to the situation I was already in, plus when I was working that 8hr. shift & doing all the homework, staying up late I was just exhausted/tired... I probably would of missed my 1st class which was 2nd period & started around 9:25...

Of course I took some lost, but I gained something much more... I had something nobody could take from me cause I earned it with sweat, pain & tears (plenty of every one of them)... People might tell you a GED is like a diploma, but in the real world it doesn't equal... It is not bad to have, but not the best either & from what I can see you deserve the best so why settle for less when you already suffered pain & only God & you know what else when you are 3/4 of the way there... I promise you if you stick it out you would appreciate a whole lot more because you are suffering...

I can't change your mind, but just think about it again before you make your decision final... Think about it some more just don't give up cause you are feeling sickly & tired because I believe your strength inside & will is stronger than what you are leading on...

I am not saying it is the easiest way out, but it sure is not the hardest either... I believe since your life is already difficult why settle for a GED & make it more arduous in the future...

"Nobody can keep you from your dreams when you are sleep, so why let someone keep you from them while you're awake " < Including yourself >

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm I don't particularly agree with the whole dropping out of high school idea because you are sick all the time. Maybe you were unfortunate to have a weak immune system, but if that's the case...what's gonna change from dropping out? You'll have take classes anyway to get a GED and a degree in whatever profession you are interested in pursuing. There is much more work to be done pass high school.

If this is all due to stressful situations...then you need to find out what in fact is stressing you out so that you can get this resolved. Like others suggested...a psychiatrist would be a good first step into recovery. As you get older things get a lot more stressful even for us who don't have anxiety attacks. I believe you should just stick it out until the end because I think you would get a lot stronger in doing so. Looking back on something like this later can only possibly depress you further if things aren't going the way you initially planned.

If you do decide to get a GED though, prepare to have to work harder for everything you want because that other person,with that nice shiny diploma, will look a lot more enticing to your potential employer.

Also: If you are sick all the time...umm...how are you going to be able to massage people? And how would you become a nurse? I don't think a person with something potentially contagious should be doing those type of things. Wouldn't that only make the client feel unhealthier? Just a thought tho...since I don't really know what kind of illnesses you have had.

In the end tho...I do wish you the best of luck. No matter what you decide to do. You can really just about do anything if your mind is into it.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

dude stay in school, in doing so it will widen your search for a job and going onto collage/uni whatever it will widen your search alot than dropping out of school at a time like this and getting a bad job

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast