+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: High school drop outs

Newbie nalevankomichael is just another face in the crowd nalevankomichael's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: High school drop outs

Dropping out is a uncool thing to do. I cant see a reason why it is a good so thing, please dont drop out its not worth it. It is true that you can det a job sooner and try to make it on your own but when you have a GED you cant get a good job.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urlovelyassassin View Post
    tsurara- there are a lot of jobs that hire people my age who arent even done school and in walking distance so im good on that i already have one

Kazaf- i basically already answered all that you said on page one ^^

_gwenibe_- answered that

and i have a very good doctor he has been my doctor for years and i love him
    he gave me many tests and i told him about all of my symptoms

also i know it's stress because i dont get sick during the whole summer even once
    im well relaxed and my masoose said i have less knots in my back which is another sign it's stress

and i do not have any money my mortgage is way high and my mom doesnt have a very good job right now

i wish i could be homeschooled but i just cant be do to many things

well ive already decided
    everyone keeps telling me about people who dropped out and are miserable

but ive talked with many people who dropped out and are not miserable at all
    my one friend amy dropped out and became a massage therapist and she said it didnt hurt her at all and she is very satisfied with her life

she makes 80,000 a year
    Interesting because it seems the she makes twice the national average pay for that type job...Hammer will be nice and not say anything bad about your friend but THAT number seems inflated.

Source: Average Pay of a Massage Therapist

Also you may want to check out the state requirements for that position. Much like cutting hair, you may have to enroll in a college program, obtain a certificate, degree or state license. Likewise you may have to complete an apprenticeship program earning hundreds of hours before you are allowed to practice on your own. The link below has a listing of said requirements for each state

State Massage Boards and Requirements

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the the US government makes it to where you are not suppose to drop out and if you do then there are consequences. Now its forced. I agree than sometimes you you have too much stress to go in and go to school. There are problems that need to be delt with and it is hard to go.. I think that people should go to school because the want to.. I mean our country gets more technology by people want to do the work. Not because they are forced for the most part.. I just dont think people should be forced into such things.
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    urlovelyassassin, This is big decision and to be honest getting a high school diploma verses a GED can, and in some cases does, make a huge difference how your life turns out. Now given you said you didn't plan on going to college (as you want to be a massage therapist and they don't have traditional college requirements) you aren't going to face most of the issues GEDers have. So this can actually be a very good option for you.

Having said that, I will agree that what arrianna said above is a good course of action but on 1 condition, YOU ACTUALLY DO IT! Don't go through life without getting your GED if you drop out of High School...and DON'T wait to start on it. Waiting reduces the probability exponentially that you will ever do it. Realize it isn't going to be easy and it will take a lot of effort (maybe more effort then what you are putting in at High School) but it will be well worth it.
    I will completely agree with that. Getting a GED and the Adult High School Degree is not the walk in the park some people think it is. You still have to work hard and get the work done to get the credits. It does have an advantage however in that you can do it at the pace you can do with your health. Find a mentor, someone who can help you work out a schedule of exactly what you need to accomplish and when. As long as you KEEP AT IT it may take a little longer but you will still get there.

BTW not only wasn't I miserable I was the happiest I had been in years.

PS. I know all about the stress diagnosis. I received the same results when I went in with the exact same symptoms. It took a major life change to discover the reason my immune system was so low that my body couldn't handle the stress. Not saying you have the same thing just that there's a chance the Dr. has missed a cause. I love my Dr. too and still have him, he just didn't know what to look for.

@Hassun; do you even have something like the GED and the Adult High School Degree where you are?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy's Avatar
    Thanks

A GED is the same as a diploma to me, though not to jobs. But a diploma is meaning less and less nowadays, you need college, or some higher education.

So if you get that, than no one looks at GED or Diploma, so it doesn’t’ matter at all which you get if you go to some higher education.

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

thanks for the tip ^_^ i plan on going to college for business classes i need that i believe

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Newbie Haydn is off to a good start Haydn's Avatar
    Thanks

I was homeschooled so I really don't know what highschool is like
    but I think you should follow your heart and whatever you think is best for you do it

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

haydn you joined im so glad
    and thank you for your support it's good to have some people behind me to help me get through

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast