Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I proceed at making friends?

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

How do I proceed at making friends?

Yes, this is a SERIOUS question. I have difficulty, it seems, finding people either in real life or online that bother to give me more than five minutes of their time, and from that point find my existence unsettling.

As I don't have much time to pick up the basic approach, can someone give me a simple, yet detailed tutorial into interacting with one's peers?

Before you even start laughing or giving me crap, I'm not some screwed up mental case or convicted felon. Rather, I simply have more skills when it comes to academics than social interaction, and I find it nearly impossible to read nonverbal cues given off by other individuals.

This was my primary purpose of joining this forum: to interact in an environment in which I share similar interests, and can pick up these skills.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: How do I proceed at making friends?

well im not dogging ya but that does suck.
    so what you no one even listens to you for 5 min?
    its kind of hard to just make a tutorial just for meeting people
    cuz its best to meet people differently every time. i do
    first i would need to know what exactly your doing wrong before you could fix anything
    if you want me to help just PM me or something

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I don't doubt you have certain skills and success, so maybe its all about finding your niche. Since youre so good at academic, perhaps join some clubs on campus ( THE COOL ONES) even the ones with stuff you don't like doing, and get your name out that way.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

The first step should be... To ironically not taking an approach to it in an academic sense. Don't think of this as steps or a tutorial. Being social is really about being yourself. This doesn't mean that you can't screen your topics or conversation per person, as you should. Not every person likes football, so football should be a topic that's avoided. Simple things like that. It's not rocket science, it's just having the balls to make conversation with a person. And it's not about acting natural, but rather letting yourself be natural.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, it is kinda hard to make friends for some people, but I can try to help you. ^^

1. find something you both have in common (it makes life much easier that way.)

2. If the person really has a problem with you don't get pissed off from it, let it go and time will heal it. (I know from personally issues with people)

3. Last but not least just be yourself, its really important don't act like someone your not because that can cause trouble. (happens so many times in my school it gets annoying)

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Well maybe it's because your so sensitive or you put down people without realizing it. I get that feeling from you for some reason.

Newbie beauty-pop may be famous one day beauty-pop may be famous one day beauty-pop's Avatar
    Thanks

awww it kinda makes me sad. you can practice being friends with me and we'll see how it goes ^___^

One main signatrue image only
    -- Hassun

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

But the problem is that being myself scares the crap out of these other people. I was actually told by my own family that I had to stop being myself, and try to be different if I were ever to have success talking to people.

And I have no problem starting conversations with others. My roommates and I at college get along fine, but everyone outside of that situation can't stand me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast