Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How do I proceed at making friends?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How do I proceed at making friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    And how would I proceed at acting differently? I have some idea as to what the problem is (apparently it includes the following
    •A naturally deep voice
    •A very chisled, cold facial expression
    •A lack of non-verbal expression of emotions
    •A lack of ability to READ nonverbal cues

But how in the HELL am I supposed to develop nonverbal reading skills (those specifically tied to reading human emotions) if I don't get enough social interaction to work on those in the first place? It's a bloody contradiction.
    Ahhh this is better. I'll organize this into one, two, three, four.

1.The deep voice has nothing to do with anything. Unless you talk in a monotone voice. Just try to sound cheerful.

2. Basically smile more. Just act happy. I bet you're really emotional you just act emotionless so people won't find out how sensitive you are.

3. Well this is basically like two. Just act happy and your body will show that your happy too.

4. This will come with experience or you can read a book on human facial expression. I saw an excellent book in a book store detailing practically every human facial expression even the difficult to read ones.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps I am just one of those who takes offense to jackasses like you who ridicule everything I say without any provocation. Did you ever consider that? No, wait, that would require thinking and a conscience on your part.
    I have to agree with Shodokan. I also got the impression of a little uptightness. I can't say that I found myself to be wrong.

You're going to learn to be a little less high-strung. Shodokan is here to help, and he never meant to ridicule you.

"No, wait, that would require thinking and a conscience on your part."

Also, your sarcasm is another serious problem by itself. Sarcasm is a big thing in America, and it's regularly used. However, when strangers use it on each other, it can turn pretty nasty, considering that it's sarcasm. On top of that, the line quoted above also contains an example of egotism. It doesn't surprise me though, I know plenty of academically-geared people who at times have a bit of a God-complex. It's not terribly rare. Even if Shodokan was trying to be offensive, there is no reason why you should be provoked the way you were.

Try and remember that this is all constructive criticism, not ridicule. Take this with ease, and not to heart. Just have open ears and an open mind.

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    I have to agree with Shodokan. I also got the impression of a little uptightness. I can't say that I found myself to be wrong.

You're going to learn to be a little less high-strung. Shodokan is here to help, and he never meant to ridicule you.

"No, wait, that would require thinking and a conscience on your part."

Also, your sarcasm is another serious problem by itself. Sarcasm is a big thing in America, and it's regularly used. However, when strangers use it on each other, it can turn pretty nasty, considering that it's sarcasm. On top of that, the line quoted above also contains an example of egotism. It doesn't surprise me though, I know plenty of academically-geared people who at times have a bit of a God-complex. It's not terribly rare. Even if Shodokan was trying to be offensive, there is no reason why you should be provoked the way you were.

Try and remember that this is all constructive criticism, not ridicule. Take this with ease, and not to heart. Just have open ears and an open mind.
    And how am I supposed to react when Shodokan's first responses to a thread I posted to were meant deliberately to cut me down?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

And how am I supposed to react when Shodokan's first responses to a thread I posted to were meant deliberately to cut me down?
    If I wanted to cut you down. Why would immediately after that I would post this? Seriously like silverskater said your quirks in your personality are showing in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Ahhh this is better. I'll organize this into one, two, three, four.

1.The deep voice has nothing to do with anything. Unless you talk in a monotone voice. Just try to sound cheerful.

2. Basically smile more. Just act happy. I bet you're really emotional you just act emotionless so people won't find out how sensitive you are.

3. Well this is basically like two. Just act happy and your body will show that your happy too.

4. This will come with experience or you can read a book on human facial expression. I saw an excellent book in a book store detailing practically every human facial expression even the difficult to read ones.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

http://www.animeonline.net/cyber-lou...myspace-2.html

interesting how one thread could sove the problem of another

search here for people with common interests......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    http://www.animeonline.net/cyber-lou...myspace-2.html

interesting how one thread could sove the problem of another

search here for people with common interests......
    Been there, done that... don't know HOW to search on MySpace or Facebook.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahh. Well, therein lies the problem. Shodokan wasn't really trying to cut you down. Albeit, however, he was blunt with what he had to say.

"Well maybe it's because your so sensitive or you put down people without realizing it. I get that feeling from you for some reason."

Definitely blunt, and it does give the idea that you have an issue in being overly-sensitive. Even if this is the case, try not to view it as an attack, initially. Just try to hear where he is coming from, and even if you do conclude it is an attack, take it with ease, calm, and think about it, rather than quickly shoot back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    If I wanted to cut you down. Why would immediately after that I would post this? Seriously like silverskater said your quirks in your personality are showing in your posts.
    And I'm talking about the first post I made in "online dating", not any of this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast