+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with fear?

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How do you deal with fear?

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    You can face your fears a million times and never overcome them. You have to be really willing to make the extra effort and convince yourself that you will be okay after it all.
    i can see what you mean. I have a fear of spiders, and hights. I have faced those fears before but im still afraid of them. though each time makes it easier to face it the next time.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nexusolus View Post
    i can see what you mean. I have a fear of spiders, and hights. I have faced those fears before but im still afraid of them. though each time makes it easier to face it the next time.
    I'm terrified - no, petrified - of needles. I panic every time I see one. I'm starting to get to the point where I can look at them (provided they are nowhere near flesh at the time).

My diabetic friends think it's great fun to take their insulin shot right next to me . . .

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

On some things that I'm afraid of I will completely go insane. I will make sure I can not see or hear whatever is scaring me. But other times I can pretend I'm ok until I'm by myself and can breathe a sigh of relief. It all depends on the stimuli.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

How do i deal with fear ?

It really depends on what it is.Like if i need to fly i would need some one to go with me just to keep me clam, Or give me some thing so i would not freak out.I just don't like to fly what can i say.

In other cases i try to get over it best i can,or i just force my self till it dose not bother me any more.Which really has worked for me before so i think i will be sticking to that method for now on.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm im someone jumped out at me that like i would just automatically punch them because its strange when i get scared i have to start punching something like thin air but if its a friend i would just pile on them probally but fear is a bad thing when people say oh i aint scared of anything. Everyone is scared of something

Banned AngelicDemon201092 is off to a good start AngelicDemon201092's Avatar
    Thanks

well It depends on what scares me.. if you jump out at me i usually hit you. >< People usually like to freak me out with spiders though.. aond on them I jump and scream lookin gfor it. If theres not one there i'm like ha ha very funny.. but there usually is and then i go.. "omg! KILL IT!" and point. while backing up. ><

I don't deal with my fears very well.. ><

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I either try to fight it or deny it. Lying to myself works for a given time, until I corner myself, then I try and punch [not literally] some sense into myself. Simply put, i try to think that I don't fear. I think I'm fearless. That helps.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Banshee... one of my favorite words, I use it quite a bit. Yeah I have been know to scream like a banshee, grab my chest and threaten the idiots I know after they startle me.

I'm in between there, but it also depends on the situation. My job is very stressful, so my nerves are always a couple of threads past being shot. It's different away from work.

If it's just me, and I am actually scared my throat constricts (can't scream like a banshee), and I strike out. Friends have learned NOT to do what your friend did.

If it's at work, my nerves are so bad that people (death wish idiots I call them) like startling me all day. Most of the time I just laugh it off. Once in a while they are dumb enough to do it on a VERY BAD day. At work I am know as something of a pushover,and a really nice person, but my family (every member) has the "eat sh_t/death be to you" look. Stress me then startle me, you get what you deserve! The look is the least of your worries.

If It's a situation where I am with friends or family, heavens above let it be some idiot I know joking around. If it's any sort of real threat, even just possible... BOOM!... something in me kicks into protect mode. I know that can be dangerous, but It's all instinct. All fight no flight for me mode. More like I'll kick a_s, while you move your a_s and get help mode.

I guess you could say I am not much use myself, but in a moment of need I have proved to be a great bodyguard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast