+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with loss?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you deal with loss?

We all have to do it at one point in time in our lives. Someone dies, or someone you love
    leaves you behind. Or maybe your house was broken in to and all your kick ass games are gone.
    Any kind of loss that affects your everyday living habits. How do you deal?

Me, personally, it depends on what I've lost. I've had my house broken in to and both my brother's
    and my games were all stolen. A PS2, Laptop, all my mom's expensive clothes... Gone! I snapped--I was the
    first one home--I called the cops and cussed them out when they took too long to get moving, LOL.
    My mom was all zen about it saying, "Oh well, good thing for homeowners insurance!"

With relationships and family members, it's quite different. I lost a brother to violence and it was
    one of the biggest losses in my life. I still don't quite know how to deal with it, so I take it out
    on the hood. "Thugs" and "Gangsters" took my brother from this realm, so on occasion, I find myself
    hating on those types of folk, and the neighborhood in general. I've also lost the closest person to me.
    She's still alive, and we still talk, but she's no longer my lover. And I don't know if I'll ever deal
    with that loss either...

How do you all deal with your losses?

Newbie dlightey is off to a good start dlightey's Avatar
    Birmingham, AL aka Hell (and its hot T.T)
    Thanks

Re: How do you deal with loss?

well...after reading this i fill sad a little but with dilling with a loss i would just try to smile
    Just two of my Favorite Quotes ;D
    Tao Le Ching: "It is only by not trusting that you turn someone into a liar."
    George Carlin:"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlightey View Post
    well...after reading this i fill sad a little but with dilling with a loss i would just try to smile
    Yeah, but if houses were built on smiles, we'd all be homeless because they'd blow away with the wind.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I try to keep my self busy and or at least distracted while trying to convince myself that I'm fine. Eventually either I get unbusy and realize I'm not and try to find more productive methods....or I get to being alright.

Sometimes I just get pissed off and numb. That's just not healthy though and I don't recomend it.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Prayer and meditation helps. I admit that there are times when I internalize all of my problems, don't allow myself time to grieve properly, and end up imploding, but prayer and meditation really helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    I try to keep my self busy and or at least distracted while trying to convince myself that I'm fine. Eventually either I get unbusy and realize I'm not and try to find more productive methods....or I get to being alright.

Sometimes I just get pissed off and numb. That's just not healthy though and I don't recomend it.
    Yeah, you and I are two peas in a pod. I do the same thing. Anything to keep my mind busy and occupied. But eventually, s*** hits the fan again and it's back to square one.
    Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Prayer and meditation helps. I admit that there are times when I internalize all of my problems, don't allow myself time to grieve properly, and end up imploding, but prayer and meditation really helps.
    I dunno about prayer--not really a religious man--but meditation really helps. I don't do it as often as I used to, but when I do, it takes a good load of negative chi off my shoulders.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Meditation
    Does.
    NOT
    Work for me.
    It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to quiet all the thoughts in my mind. Dead serious for real. I've tried a lot. A lotta times and ways and places and situations and all that. I end up sitting there comfortibly worring the SHIT out of myself.
    We really need to find better ways to deal with things then pushing them away though. This whole bottling thing is unhealthy. I'm going to explode.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    Meditation
    Does.
    NOT
    Work for me.
    It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to quiet all the thoughts in my mind. Dead serious for real. I've tried a lot. A lotta times and ways and places and situations and all that. I end up sitting there comfortibly worring the SHIT out of myself.
    We really need to find better ways to deal with things then pushing them away though. This whole bottling thing is unhealthy. I'm going to explode.
    You call it bottling, I call it building a wall. Either way, it's no good. Eventually dams break and valleys flood and we don't want that now, do we?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast