+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with loss?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How do you deal with loss?

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    Meditation
    Does.
    NOT
    Work for me.
    It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to quiet all the thoughts in my mind. Dead serious for real. I've tried a lot. A lotta times and ways and places and situations and all that. I end up sitting there comfortibly worring the SHIT out of myself.
    We really need to find better ways to deal with things then pushing them away though. This whole bottling thing is unhealthy. I'm going to explode.
    I'm not particularly skilled at meditation, but I normally sit there - unmoving - while my thoughts go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is how I deal with a loss of some sort. If its some kind of a loved one (say like a family member) I don't show any emotions at all. Everything is just bottled up inside of me. When it comes to (say like a boyfriend) I shut down completely. I end up being a hermit crab and all I want to do is eat constantly. Or another way for me to deal is listening to a LOT of hate music. But I am trying something new and that is putting everything down on a piece of paper and it some times turns into a poem and I like to see what others think about that particular poem. Like I said earlier this is how I deal with a loss.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Supressing anger is what I always did.
    Though eventually that just lead to more stress, more anger, and then after I lost my cat this Febuary, I cried about it after losing a Arcade game [During Summer Vacation] giving away prizes. I seriously cried for about half an hour. Which is unlike me.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

How I deal with a loss...

If it is a family member I normally don't cry or shed tears right away, but as time goes on & I think about how close we were & start... Then I start thinking about when my time will be up in this world... If it was a family member I wasn't close to or didn't know well I just show my remorse... I can't shed a tear for something that was never there... I feel bad for the people who was close to them though...

When our stuff was stolen in Germany while we was in the states I felt highly upset cause it was most likely someone who we knew (the person we left our key with to watch the house)... N*e*ways it was hard for me to get over the trust issue with many people who came my way... I always felt like they would betray me the second they get a chance to... I had to literally gain that trust back by going to Florida to go see my best friend who was like a brother to me when we stayed together in Germany who reassured me that not everyone is out to stab me in the back...

Losing a person of interest/loved one/girlfriend... I normally sulk in my own misery & reflect on what was... And think about what went wrong, was it my fault & if so why didn't I do things differently...

My secret get away thought is to get up on the roof & look up at the sky especially at night so I can see the stars... Nothing like a clear sky night... If there is a God that is my time alone with him & the closest I feel I will ever get to him...

Other times I write, draw, listen to music when I am down & out...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Eeeeeee..... I cry? Yea, that's basically what I do- I let it all out, I might need one day, two days, when I don't do anything but cry, eat and cry again. Then I try to move on, by putting as much work on me as is possible, I'll take up any tasks (like now... I have to make 4 signatures and a wallpaper ), I'll spend as much time possible in public (so that I wouldn't cry) and talking to friends (it helps the most- it's another way to let it all out. When I talk to friends I also realize things that haven't noticed and sometimes find "the brightside". I get terrified when no one's around, especially that one special someone...)

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    You call it bottling, I call it building a wall. Either way, it's no good. Eventually dams break and valleys flood and we don't want that now, do we?
    Grah. Yeah that's my point, the no good thing. And... my valleys pretty full up without the dam breaking. I think we both need to find better ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I'm not particularly skilled at meditation, but I normally sit there - unmoving - while my thoughts go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"
    I suppose.... I pick when I try to do the unmoving thing. It's an unconcious habit. A gross one.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Newbie FallingxSin is off to a good start FallingxSin's Avatar
    Thanks

Well before I really became a Christain, my family just got devorce after a 15 year old relationship, I was going to live with my dad who is giving up everything he has to my mom as a final act of love and I was leaving my two brothers and mother to go with him with nothing else. I joined the football team which brought a huge dump of problems, never gave me enough time to talk to my friends and girlfriend that they all started getting farther and farther away from me. I just went through it like it was nothing, till then something really hit me hard, the thought of I was actually losing my girlfriend hit, just that for some reason just stuck with me to where I just eventually locked myself in my room for about 10 mins and did what I didn't do in like 7 years and that was cry. Let me tell you that is horrible. Religion has helped me a whole lot.
    In the Light we see Fire.
    In the Dark we feel Fire.

Newbie dlightey is off to a good start dlightey's Avatar
    Birmingham, AL aka Hell (and its hot T.T)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    Supressing anger is what I always did.
    Though eventually that just lead to more stress, more anger, and then after I lost my cat this Febuary, I cried about it after losing a Arcade game [During Summer Vacation] giving away prizes. I seriously cried for about half an hour. Which is unlike me.
    but are games the same as humans or anything you trully care about....maybe thats why it was unlike you?(or maybe it was just because of the crying thing?)
    Just two of my Favorite Quotes ;D
    Tao Le Ching: "It is only by not trusting that you turn someone into a liar."
    George Carlin:"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast