+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How do you get around?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you get around?

^o^ hey guys!

i was just wondering, what is your mode of transportation?

why do you prefer it? is it due to cost? speed? limitations?

how i get around is usually by taking the bus and my own two feet! however, i get home late so my parents still need to pick me up!

i take the bus becuz i don't have the drive to learn to drive (hee hee), especially with gas prices the way they are. i also enjoy the people on the bus, and learning where new places are and becoming more familiar with my environment... there are bad sides... like rude drivers, getting lost, hot days, cramped buses... things like that, but it's cheaper than a car...

i walk becuz i have to... ^_^ if i had a car, i'd be a lot bigger than i am now!

^o^ occasionally i take a taxi, but that's when we have the luxury of money... or when my internal organs refuse taking the bus!

so again... how do you get around? why do you get around that way?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How do you get around?

My mode is bus!

My real home is a small town in Washington state. There, you have to drive to get anywhere. I lived on a farm in the middle of no where, so cars are very essential. Regardless of gas prices.

I moved to San Francisco, CA to attend a trade school. Money is pretty much non-exsistant. So I take the bus! Being a student here, I only have to pay .50 cents for the bus... Which will last me all day! And there are buses that go everywhere down here... It's really nice.

I also do a lot of walking. I think I walk about 3 miles each day!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

yay for poor students! high five!

=_= i'm a little worried though, here in SoCal, the bus system is going to be rasing their prices substantially! a day pass (unlimited use of bus or rail) is $3 now... by July 2007 it will be $5... then by 2009 it will be $8... they say it's the gas prices, but how could that be when there's more people on the bus now than ever?

i didn't have a chance to ride the bus when my family and Darling and i went to San Fransico last year! i wanted to, but i was afraid i'd get so lost! i heard that public transportation is the way to go becuz parking and stuff is so expensive!

^o^ have you ridden on the trolley? it looked like fun!

=_= didn't get a chance to do that either... the taxi people in San Fransico are nice too!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    My mode is bus!

My real home is a small town in Washington state. There, you have to drive to get anywhere. I lived on a farm in the middle of no where, so cars are very essential. Regardless of gas prices.

I moved to San Francisco, CA to attend a trade school. Money is pretty much non-exsistant. So I take the bus! Being a student here, I only have to pay .50 cents for the bus... Which will last me all day! And there are buses that go everywhere down here... It's really nice.

I also do a lot of walking. I think I walk about 3 miles each day!
    I could have sworn that MUNI is now $1.25 instead of 50 cents...are you sneaking on from the back door??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

My mode of transportation is my car and good ole feet!

I guess I prefer to drive cause I am use to it and I don't like depending on others to get somewhere hehe. Ah the car is fast and I only fill the tank up every 2 weeks cause my job is close by.

Walking is handy because of some restraunts nearby and new shops to discover.

Hm never been on anything but a school bus since my hometown in Texas never really had a bus system till recent. And ya not to fond of buses anyway haha, knowing my luck i would get lost -_-. Although my friend said that LA buses aren't to hard to learn tho hm.

Newbie MiliardoP is off to a good start
    Thanks

my good old 1999 Chevy Tahoe 350 V8 its my pride and joy, also i may take my freinds rice'r haha

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

my parents for now and some older friends its cheap and barly have to give up gas money ill be getting my permit in a week so ill be driving soon i will never ride bus again one broke down on the highway and one hottest days in alabama never again will i trust a bus

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine has to be my car. There are no other forms of transport around my area so it's a car or you pretty much sit at home all the time. Tho the major city near me has a bus system we pretty much fall short on the public transport here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast