+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Handle Bad News?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

How Do You Handle Bad News?

When a person, say a boyfriend or girlfriend, says to you "we need to talk". And you can just feel that whatever they are going to say is not good. Or once they tell you and they're waiting on your reaction. How do you react?

Maybe your the kind of person who breaks down and cries or gets really angry about it. Or do you go with the "why did this have to happen to me"? Or do you just shrug it off, and go on with your day?

With me i'll do just about anything. It all depends on what the bad news was and who is telling me. Somethings I care a lot about and others are a "oh well" kinda thing.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How Do You Handle Bad News?

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    When a person, say a boyfriend or girlfriend, says to you "we need to talk". And you can just feel that whatever they are going to say is not good. Or once they tell you and they're waiting on your reaction. How do you react?

Maybe your the kind of person who breaks down and cries or gets really angry about it. Or do you go with the "why did this have to happen to me"? Or do you just shrug it off, and go on with your day?

With me i'll do just about anything. It all depends on what the bad news was and who is telling me. Somethings I care a lot about and others are a "oh well" kinda thing.
    Whenever I heard the words, "We need to talk," I used to think, "Man! What did I do now?" But the last time I thought that, I was wrong. LOL. My mom told me that once. She even told me to jump in the car! I thought I was in some deep sh*t! Come to find out she just wanted to tell me she finally knew who my dad is. >_< I told her, "Don't be scarin' me like that, mom!!" LOL.

Now, I hear, "We need to talk," and I don't know what to think. Every time, since the confusion with my mom, I find myself just blank. I don't say anything until I find out what we're talking about. Stay calm and collected. There's no point in worrying unless someone gives you a reason to.

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

when my first dog died i was devastated. i cried for months and i found it hard to comcerntrate on anything. i was in mourning for months. i finally got over it after 5 months of his passing away.
    im really emotional and when problems come i fell so devastatedon the inside but sometimes i try to hide it, when i cant i let it out

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well.. in that aspect I am really cold... of course at first hurts and what not... but after let's say about a day I am over it. Life goes on and it does not stop to wait til we get over stuff. It is not that I don't care whatsoever... but I hate drama and whinning... so I try my best to avoid that kind of stuff... I don't like it from my friends... I hate it from myself.
    Those kind of bad news I can handle them as cold as I can think of... but if we are talking about bad news like -hope it does not happen soon- your brother suffered this and this or any member of my family... I am not very good at taking those news very good....

But for the most part... I am very cold hearted (to put it in some way)
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I am the type of a person that will probably overreact like I usually do..
    i would start to worry and get anxious and then the ?bad" thought will start to run through my head and I would start preparing for the worst...
    I hate bad news and hate to wait for something...I am not the most patient person in the world......
    It is either that or I will start to get very angry and pissed off....I am not the type of a person that will start crying..no way...because that would be a simple waste of time and energy....
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

it depends on the kinda bad news. i used to think of the worst and begin to prepare... then never finish and the bad news would hit home. now i'm pretty much nonchalant about most things. if i care about my girlfriend and she says "we need to talk" i usually think "F***! what'd i do now... this can't be good." or i'll be thinking "well, i knew it was too good to be true... all things end sometime... guess i'll just try to make this quick."
    i hate to cry and i dont tend to show any type of sad feelings unless i'm seriously seriously depressed because i like being the cheery guy who brightens peoples days. i dont like being gloomy. there's a saying i hear all the time in the army, "attitudes are contageous, mine might kill you." i'd like to say mine might revive you ~_^
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm well i will cry but not infront of them. like say they break up with me i wont cry in front of them i wait to get home to cry in my mommies arms.
    but like say a friend got hurt or my bfs family memeber died and i knew them then i would cry right there. or i would console them and try to comfort them
    so mostly i cry. lol.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well I'm really a complicated person, or so I've been told, and I would probably have to agree. I can also be very negative at times and if I even feel like something is going to go wrong then I automatically assume the worst is going to happen.

When something actually does go wrong though, I go through three different stages. My first stage is sadness. I will usually get so frustrated because things didn't turn out the way I planned that I will just cry. It's not just that...it's mostly because I always get my hopes up way to high and alot of the time they get crushed. My second stage is anger, after I cry I start thinking it was stupid that I cried, and then I get angry at myself and I am also angry at the fact that nothing worked out like it was supposed to. Finally the last stage is acceptance. After I have finished with all of these crazy emotional rampages I finally accept that it's over with and it didn't work and maybe next time it will.

Like I said in the beginning, I am a really complicated person lol. I don't know why I have to go through all that just to get to acceptance but that is just the way it goes for me.
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast