+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Handle Being Robbed

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How Do You Handle Being Robbed

How does one without a job go about aquiring such expensive merchandise? If you don't commute that far, ride a bike, if that doesn't work use public transportation. There are plenty of people who never had any of the the stuff that was stolen from you, and they aren't wallowing in despair. Life isn't about having flashy toys. You got robbed, not assaulted or murderd. Does the value of those objects outweigh your life? If you had to choose which would you pick? Great, you chose life, and here you are.

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    How does one without a job go about aquiring such expensive merchandise? If you don't commute that far, ride a bike, if that doesn't work use public transportation. There are plenty of people who never had any of the the stuff that was stolen from you, and they aren't wallowing in despair. Life isn't about having flashy toys. You got robbed, not assaulted or murderd. Does the value of those objects outweigh your life? If you had to choose which would you pick? Great, you chose life, and here you are.
    they stole my bike too and once again i'm broke and no my life is way important than object they just keep me occupied

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_8000 View Post
    recently i just robbed for almost everything i got and i'm about to have a critial breakdown with all my tech gone. does anyone know how to handle this type of situation
    Check your local ghettos, pawnshops, ebay, and other online selling sites to see if you might be lucky enough to run into a listing with your tech stuff. Also, try putting out a reward.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Check your local ghettos, pawnshops, ebay, and other online selling sites to see if you might be lucky enough to run into a listing with your tech stuff. Also, try putting out a reward.
    thought i do live somewhat in the ghetto i still don't see why they to steal from me

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

point is they don't even know the passwords yet along the moniter to hook it up to
    No offense, but passwords only keep honest and computer illiterate people out.
    and if the guy jacked your PC, chances are one of two things happened:

1) It got cannibalized for parts, which is what I'd do

2) They wiped your drive and re-installed windows, which no password can stop.

Don't assume that just because they didn't bother to take the monitor means that they can't use the computer. I myself have 4 monitors, Two I use for my Dualscreen set up, and the other two I have as back ups when the two I use die.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    No offense, but passwords only keep honest and computer illiterate people out.
    and if the guy jacked your PC, chances are one of two things happened:

1) It got cannibalized for parts, which is what I'd do

2) They wiped your drive and re-installed windows, which no password can stop.

Don't assume that just because they didn't bother to take the monitor means that they can't use the computer. I myself have 4 monitors, Two I use for my Dualscreen set up, and the other two I have as back ups when the two I use die.
    i never gave that a though wait that means all the hard work i put into the central processer is wiped out design programs and all

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i never gave that a though wait that means all the hard work i put into the central processer is wiped out design programs and all
    yes, thgis is probably true. and i feel your pain, sort of. my PC PWNd hard, but it just uip and died. sort of the same principal, kinda. now im stuck with a crappy old dell with windows ME which also SUCKS!!!!

yes, passwords can easily be avoided by a skilled person. if i had a nice thing again, i would lock it up. like when i get a nice notebook, i think ill put it in a metal lock box or somethin...

just take it easy for a while. drink a couple (if possible) kick back and try to ease the pain for now. sounds like its about all you can do for now. or clobber them with a baseball bat (good one, negi sensei)

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm not sure how to help you with this, the feeling of violation that one gets when robbed is hard to discribe. I've been robbed at gun point i can relate a little. But i tend to be the upbeat type so i wrote my experiance as a Plus. at least he didnt shoot me, and i have my health...Had to go jump through hoops to redo all my cards...pain in the butt, almost made me wish he had shot me instead standing in line at the DMV...but you either get a handle on yourself or you let who ever robbed you control you fears...i choose to control my fears and will never let someone else tell me what to be afraid of...btw if that punk wasnt packing i would have kicked his a@@, but bullets talk and i listen...
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast