+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Handle Being Robbed

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How Do You Handle Being Robbed

dude, that feeling of being violated is not something easly discarded, sure things can be replaced. Happy days are to be looked for, but the feeling doesnt leave...it takes a while to get over the violation, and to stop looking over your shoulder...I say look at the bright side of things, but dont ignore the hurt it can cause. Its a real thing, and a problem if you can't face it...
    Don't Panic

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree mostly with AvatarThief and Lasura.

If the robber doesn't get anything irreplaceable or priceless, you could just get new stuff.

And you'd have to be an idiot not to hide anything REALLY expensive somewhere thats hard to reach or locked.

But, I do get where Jepray is coming from.

My friend got robbed about a year ago while he was sleeping.

He woke up and saw the robbers but they escaped pretty quickly.

He had to go through about a MONTH of therapy and an extensive security system before he could feel safe again.

Than again, he WAS always a little paranoid.

Nevertheless, the feeling DOES always stay.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

i cant really

just get over it is the best thing

unless you caught the ****er

then you beat him till he's dead ^_^

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_8000 View Post
    recently i just robbed for almost everything i got and i'm about to have a critial breakdown with all my tech gone. does anyone know how to handle this type of situation
    I don't handle being robbed very well--in fact, I don't handle it at all. I've been robbed about 6-10 times in the last four years! I hate robbers--criminals in general!

The last time I was robbed was the worst. It was about three months ago. I had just got off the bus to go home, and I was about a block away. I walk past this apartment building and seen a bunch of dudes just chillin' in front of the building. There had to be at least eight people.

Anyway, I walked past them, and I heard them talkin' smack behind me over my music player, "Get him! Get his ass!!" Is what I heard. So I start to get ready to run, and they surround me with gun(s). (I only seen one gun, but there could've been more.) They start goin' through my pockets, took my wallet, mp3 player, house keys and a bunch of other stuff. While I was being robbed, another guy came out of the wood-work and started punching me in the face! Once I realized what was happening, I snapped and started fighting back. I took out at least two/three people before I ran off. I was lucky to escape with my backpack--which had my Nintendo DS and all my games in it. Also, my ID said I lived three blocks away from where I was living at the time. Thank god! >_<

I came home, and started yelling to my mom about how much I hate North Minneapolis and every stinky soul that lives in that toxic hell-hole. My mom told me to calm down, which only made me cry and throw s*** around the house. She called the cops, I told them what happened; no justice was served. AND I got blood all over the house!

It sucked!!! Not to mention the fact that I don't feel safe when I visit my own hometown anymore. No matter where I go in North Minneapolis, I feel like I shouldn't be there. Getting robbed does not rock my socks.

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I don't handle being robbed very well--in fact, I don't handle it at all. I've been robbed about 6-10 times in the last four years! I hate robbers--criminals in general!

The last time I was robbed was the worst. It was about three months ago. I had just got off the bus to go home, and I was about a block away. I walk past this apartment building and seen a bunch of dudes just chillin' in front of the building. There had to be at least eight people.

Anyway, I walked past them, and I heard them talkin' smack behind me over my music player, "Get him! Get his ass!!" Is what I heard. So I start to get ready to run, and they surround me with gun(s). (I only seen one gun, but there could've been more.) They start goin' through my pockets, took my wallet, mp3 player, house keys and a bunch of other stuff. While I was being robbed, another guy came out of the wood-work and started punching me in the face! Once I realized what was happening, I snapped and started fighting back. I took out at least two/three people before I ran off. I was lucky to escape with my backpack--which had my Nintendo DS and all my games in it. Also, my ID said I lived three blocks away from where I was living at the time. Thank god! >_<

I came home, and started yelling to my mom about how much I hate North Minneapolis and every stinky soul that lives in that toxic hell-hole. My mom told me to calm down, which only made me cry and throw s*** around the house. She called the cops, I told them what happened; no justice was served. AND I got blood all over the house!

It sucked!!! Not to mention the fact that I don't feel safe when I visit my own hometown anymore. No matter where I go in North Minneapolis, I feel like I shouldn't be there. Getting robbed does not rock my socks.
    man you got robbed worser than me and the fact no justice was served sucks sorry about that man

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Woah! Try to replace what you can first. That way it won't feel so empty. Then get an alarm system installed ASAP. Geez. Lock the door. Get a dog. Anything to keep people away.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

Anyway, I walked past them, and I heard them talkin' smack behind me over my music player, "Get him! Get his ass!!" Is what I heard. So I start to get ready to run, and they surround me with gun(s). (I only seen one gun, but there could've been more.) They start goin' through my pockets, took my wallet, mp3 player, house keys and a bunch of other stuff. While I was being robbed, another guy came out of the wood-work and started punching me in In the face! Once I realized what was happening, I snapped and started fighting back. I took out at least two/three people before I ran off. I was lucky to escape with my backpack--which had my Nintendo DS and all my games in it. Also, my ID said I lived three blocks away from where I was living at the time. Thank god! >_<

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that man. You should move somewhere safer, like the suburbs.

I live in the NYC suburbs, and EVERY SINGLE person I know who lives in the city has gotten robbed at least twice!

The truth is, when its a gang, rather than just one or a couple of people, justice is almost never served. Even if the police arrest some people, there will always be others.

EDIT//

You're a soldier, right?

If you ever go into the city alone, I suggest you carry a legal sidearm or something.

Just in case.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

violence beget violence... just be aware of the possible outcome of packing heat. will it ever replace what was lost or the feelings that lost gave you? Will you have enough bullets to stop a whole gang or will it start a war, where the gangs will just get more aggressive and the inocent will get more harrassed and harmed?sure they are the scum of the earth and all but do we have to lower ourselfs to that level where we all have to carry guns and look over our shoulders? Can you honestly say you could look at someone and pull that trigger, on the assumption that they will attack you...and what if your wrong...can you live with that choice?
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast