+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How Do Your Mom & Dad get you to Behave?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How Do Your Mom & Dad get you to Behave?

Back when I was younger my parents would cane me.

Now they don't really threaten me, they just argue and insist I do as they say (which rarely works).

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

My parents do not "get me to behave" anymore because I'm a little older than 'that age'. However, my mom gets really loud and starts slamming doors if I'm doing something wrong. My dad will just say things and make me feel really bad, and crush my self-esteem. My mom'll do that too. But she's the master of making you feel like sh*t.

I love them though.

If they want me to do something, they just have to tell me once, and I'll do it. Although I hear the very opposite of what I just said from my mother almost everyday. ^ ^;

"Get your priorities straight..!"

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ahhh >__< me im gonna have to behave to im 50
    god but i love them to bits its kinda funny sometimes tho
    once i wounded go do the dishes and i was liein on the chair ( aww i love that chair haha >__<; but right i was on that and my dad comes and grabs my big toe and drages me off the chair >__< its really funny ( and it dont hurt) so if i dont do someting ect i get something like that bannd from the computer not aloud to go out or not aloud something i really want
    lol

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ahh, those were the days. Well lets see, my dad was always the mediator so he would use the belt, swich, extention cord, w/e was available at the time. I don't remember my mother ever even yelling at me once, but then again she left when I was 7...My step-mother(s) however were just like my father.

An example of my father's logic:
    My little brother loved to stick things into wall sockets, and my dad would tell him almost everyday not to do it. One day my dad caught him doing it again so he popped my little brother in the back of the head(more of a mental hurt then a physical one) and told him to go get a butter knife from the kitchen. My brother was already in tears by that point but my dad made him anyways, then my dad told him to put the knife into the wall socket and my brother said "no" My dad yelled at him about how many times he's done it despite his warnings and told him once again to do it. My little brother did and it shocked the shit out of him and threw him across the room. My dad walked over to him to make sure he was alright, then said "Now you know why I tell you the things I tell you, don't do it again." Needless to say I learned a lot from my stupid little brother^^

I guess I never really had any big problems with my parents/step-parents. My father didn't get real physical with the kids unless he was drunk then it was just boxing to make us stronger-as he said. Once I got big enough to defend myself that stopped because I knocked him on his ass one night. I felt so bad I cried for a bit and I think my dad sobered up just enough to realize. There are few people in this world I respect as much as my father, and even few less that I would morn when they die.

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

my parent's usually don't force me to do anything. unless i get out of line, then they put me back in line. i think they have a very effective parenting style...except for the fact that im a little lazy....but hey, im joining the air force of my own volition, so that's got to count for something towards their parenting style, right?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

My brother was already in tears by that point but my dad made him anyways, then my dad told him to put the knife into the wall socket and my brother said "no" My dad yelled at him about how many times he's done it despite his warnings and told him once again to do it. My little brother did and it shocked the shit out of him and threw him across the room. My dad walked over to him to make sure he was alright, then said "Now you know why I tell you the things I tell you, don't do it again." Needless to say I learned a lot from my stupid little brother^^
    Man, that child abuse. Your dad was lucky no one found out, and the kid was alright. Theres other ways to get you kid to behave besides abuse.

Newbie Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic may be famous one day Aqua chic's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm usually a good girl at home. (not much people can believe that) And if I did do something wrong, my mom showed me by slamming things, and my dad by yelling. But whenever I do something wrong they ground me from the electronis, or from going out... I guess thats what prnts do to every teenager (from what I heard).
    By Heartless_mage

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua chic View Post
    I'm usually a good girl at home. (not much people can believe that) And if I did do something wrong, my mom showed me by slamming things, and my dad by yelling. But whenever I do something wrong they ground me from the electronis, or from going out... I guess thats what prnts do to every teenager (from what I heard).
    I was always the good child. My younger sister, though . . . she's the one that tests my parents. They do their best - they make her pay off what she breaks, and they do restrict her use of electronics and (because she loves to swing) her outside time. It doesn't seem to deter her, though; I worry about her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast