+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how many of you want to change this world?

Newbie King of Carnies is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: how many of you want to change this world?

I would love to change the world. If I could change one thing it would be that instead of having, as we do now, many different national governments, we could have one global government. That way, the government could pursue solutions to problems without any hindrance from the outside. I feel that people within said government should be all powerful.

I can hear your collective gasps of horror. Allow me to explain. I believe Democracy is outdated. In today's society, I feel that many subjects leadership have to deal with are too complicated for the average person to make an informed decision about. Certainly, I'm not very capable of keeping up with all the issues that are talked about on television shows and talk radio. I hear what they're telling me, but I'm not in a position to decide for myself. I simply don't usually know enough. I also understand, though, that people holding positions of such leadership, unable to be held accountable for their actions, may cause havoc, ignoring their peoples needs to only care for themselves. They would become corrupt.

However, I believe this can be overcome through a variety of ways. I've been reading Plato's "The Republic" lately, and their are some good ideas in there. Perhaps, if future leaders were chosen early, separated from society at large, and given a thorough education while being simultaneously indoctrinated to disregard the interests of the individual and to instead focus on the interests of the society at whole things would work out.

Basically, there are times when I sit for hours thinking about how the perfect world would function and brainstorming ideas about that. I have notebooks filled with ideas of how to bring about a global country, most of them pretty unrealistic. I'd like to change the world, but I doubt I'd ever be able to. I don't know if I have the dedication to devote my whole life to something with so little a chance of success.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King of Carnies View Post
    I would love to change the world. If I could change one thing it would be that instead of having, as we do now, many different national governments, we could have one global government. That way, the government could pursue solutions to problems without any hindrance from the outside. I feel that people within said government should be all powerful.

I can hear your collective gasps of horror. Allow me to explain. I believe Democracy is outdated. In today's society, I feel that many subjects leadership have to deal with are too complicated for the average person to make an informed decision about. Certainly, I'm not very capable of keeping up with all the issues that are talked about on television shows and talk radio. I hear what they're telling me, but I'm not in a position to decide for myself. I simply don't usually know enough. I also understand, though, that people holding positions of such leadership, unable to be held accountable for their actions, may cause havoc, ignoring their peoples needs to only care for themselves. They would become corrupt.

However, I believe this can be overcome through a variety of ways. I've been reading Plato's "The Republic" lately, and their are some good ideas in there. Perhaps, if future leaders were chosen early, separated from society at large, and given a thorough education while being simultaneously indoctrinated to disregard the interests of the individual and to instead focus on the interests of the society at whole things would work out.

Basically, there are times when I sit for hours thinking about how the perfect world would function and brainstorming ideas about that. I have notebooks filled with ideas of how to bring about a global country, most of them pretty unrealistic. I'd like to change the world, but I doubt I'd ever be able to. I don't know if I have the dedication to devote my whole life to something with so little a chance of success.
    There could never be a 'global' government. Global organizations? yes. But a government that has to handle billions of people is a bit much, don't you think?

I feel democracy can only do so much, but in a way it can suck less than most things. Corruption is the huge problem here.
    While I can hate US government, there are times when I think how much worse it could be.
    Is that an excuse for corruption, shitty economy, a war that still hasn't ended? F**k no.

I mean, Thomas More's Utopia is another good book to read. But is it practical? That's up to the people to decide for ourselves.
    But that isn't flawless either, there were slaves, everything was regimented, and women were inferior. So is that Utopia by today's standards? No.

But then again, they didn't have the convience of technology either. Not to mention they didn't have another country to have conflict with.

The main problem with all of this, is that with all the 'freedom' and 'peace' also come laws that claim to protect us, when in fact they enslave us while corruption grows beneath the surface like scum.

Then when problem arise such as war and recession, and the mixture of the growing debt, we nearly collapse under it.

Newbie King of Carnies is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    There could never be a 'global' government. Global organizations? yes. But a government that has to handle billions of people is a bit much, don't you think?
    I agree that it would be a lot to handle, but I really don't think it's impossible. It all depends on the ways it's organized, really.

One of my ideas for such a government is this. At the bottom you have the local leaders who are in charge of cities and towns, almost exactly like mayors now. Groups of these mayors would report to and be supervised by regional leaders. These regional leaders would be supervised by people resembling todays presidents. Nation leaders, for lack of a better word, though there would be no nations. The difference would be that these 'presidents' would not be able to interfere with each other. They would be entirely concerned with those areas assigned to them. They could discuss ideas and request advice from each other, though.

In charge of each continent would be continental leaders. They would supervise all the national leaders on their continent and make decisions which have a wide impact . Like the national leaders they would not be allowed to interfere with other continental leaders actions or criticize their decisions. In charge of them would be a group of perhaps twelve people that would make global decisions and supervise the continental leaders.

"Ifeel democracy can only do so much, but in a way it can suck less than most things. Corruption is the huge problem here.
    While I can hate US government, there are times when I think how much worse it could be.
    Is that an excuse for corruption, shitty economy, a war that still hasn't ended? F**k no.
    My feelings on democracy can be summed up by a quote by George Bernard Shaw, "Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few."

I mean, Thomas More's Utopia is another good book to read. But is it practical? That's up to the people to decide for ourselves.
    But that isn't flawless either, there were slaves, everything was regimented, and women were inferior. So is that Utopia by today's standards? No.
    Everyone's version of a utopia is different. There can never be a perfect utopia. Some things are always be bad, because other things being good make some things bad. That is a terrible way to explain, but I hope you understand the gist of what I'm trying to say.

The main problem with all of this, is that with all the 'freedom' and 'peace' also come laws that claim to protect us, when in fact they enslave us while corruption grows beneath the surface like scum.
    Corruption is a huge problem in all governments. It's a very difficult thing to get around. The theoretical government I've outlined, for example, is hugely susceptible to corruption. There are a lot of theories about corruption that I've read, as well as suggestions on how it can be prevented. Corruption is the bane of all governments.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King of Carnies View Post
    I agree that it would be a lot to handle, but I really don't think it's impossible. It all depends on the ways it's organized, really.

One of my ideas for such a government is this. At the bottom you have the local leaders who are in charge of cities and towns, almost exactly like mayors now. Groups of these mayors would report to and be supervised by regional leaders. These regional leaders would be supervised by people resembling todays presidents. Nation leaders, for lack of a better word, though there would be no nations. The difference would be that these 'presidents' would not be able to interfere with each other. They would be entirely concerned with those areas assigned to them. They could discuss ideas and request advice from each other, though.

In charge of each continent would be continental leaders. They would supervise all the national leaders on their continent and make decisions which have a wide impact . Like the national leaders they would not be allowed to interfere with other continental leaders actions or criticize their decisions. In charge of them would be a group of perhaps twelve people that would make global decisions and supervise the continental leaders.

My feelings on democracy can be summed up by a quote by George Bernard Shaw, "Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few."

Everyone's version of a utopia is different. There can never be a perfect utopia. Some things are always be bad, because other things being good make some things bad. That is a terrible way to explain, but I hope you understand the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Corruption is a huge problem in all governments. It's a very difficult thing to get around. The theoretical government I've outlined, for example, is hugely susceptible to corruption. There are a lot of theories about corruption that I've read, as well as suggestions on how it can be prevented. Corruption is the bane of all governments.

Don't forget the clash of cultures. That is a huge problem most politicians have is that each culture has it's own religion, way of life, beliefs, and more.
    Simply ruling them all under the 'mayor' leaders seems impractical because a meeting of them for the world would almost impossible for anyone to get a word in. We have countries for a reason.
    Simply meshing all the countries is incredibly risking, with the clashing of religion and governmental standards.

And think about trying to have everyone agree on a simple form of government and the entire world abides by it.
    That's like trying to get everyone to agree on one religion.

And the reason I brought up Utopia is mainly because that was one's ideal of a nearly imperfect world. Which isn't humanity.

And you can never fully stop corruption. Humans are Corrupt. There simply is not fully 'unbiased human', because each one of us have our own opinions. They can be unbiased on certain topics, but in the end overall they have preconcieved notions.

We will never fully achieve Utopia because we are human, and we are imperfect. The tale of the Tower of Babel(even if you're not Christian, it proves a point) proves why this would not work. Not to mention what about languages? You're idea is a good one, but I think you aren't looking at the smaller details that could cause it to fall.

Corruption in one country is one thing, but worldly corruption could easily cause our downfall. Think about crime and law enforcement for the world. Not to mention if there is war, what the hell then?

These aren't good things to think about, but it is human nature, so they must be looked at and studied.

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Change the world is more and more responsibility can any one handle it even the president or the emperor..so why I want to change the world, let me first take the control of my world and then I will see if I would like to change the world because the world every Year (every month get worst and worst) so if you fix something in this country you will see a new country have suffering with another problem so the world wouldn’t change unless the people them self open their Eyes and there minds and fix because the answer for all problems in the world in the people hand so …

And you can not change the world because the world has different language, religions, believes, cultures, history and future …so you can not even think about that you change the world..

Foolish beating

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

I think everyone would want to change the world, it just that it is impossible for only one person to achieve it. That is why I believe that the only way to achieve a true change in this world is to first start with yourself and then help the people around and hope that your goodwill will change the people around you, I think that is one way to achieve a change in this world, not to sound like Rurouni Kenshin and say that I will needed to help those around me in order to help change the world (sorry not to say protect with my sword, sorry fresh out), which is why I want to be a teacher in order to pass on the knowledge that we have learned to the future.

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of us don't realize that before we can even think to change the world we need to first satisfy the need of self-actualization. We all have a hierarchy of needs, a systematic arrangement of needs, according to priority, in which basic needs must be met before less basic needs are aroused, that Maslow described. We all have what he discribed as the need for self-actualization, which is the need to fulfill one's potential.

If we all were to actually take the time to become self-actualized we would all be happier more content people and get more things done.

War is caused by the exemption of esteem and belonging-ness and whatever else that causes disturbance within ourselves.

But yeah, ha-ha! I would say that the way I would change the world is to show everyone how to realize their own potential.

*cheers*
    --//Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained\\--

Otaku Akaryu792 is off to a good start
    Thanks

at this point in time the better question is how would you save a world that cant save itself you save the unsaveable most of us dont realize that alot of world leaders are seeming as if they almost wanna destroy the world if those who are not considered important such as everyday people rebeled there isnt much they can do which sucks because that shows no one can be saved and no one can stop its only a matter of time before almost everyone dies thats why i train so hard because of my protection as well as anyone close to me and if one dies to save twenty thats ok with me as long as im that one

Fear is a state of mind
    to me fear does not exist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast