+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How patient are you?

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Question How patient are you?

Hello. My topic is patience, as in how patient are you? I've been called impatient because I like the speed of light in this electronic instant e-mail world with the microwave oven heating things in seconds.

Though I like speed, some say the best things in life are well worth waiting for. Do you agree with that statement?

What has been the longest time you ever had to wait for something/someone and was it worth it?

Waiting in grocery lines I find myself reading magazines, and also in doctor's office while waiting. I had to wait 3 months for an airline refund to the tune of $1000,00 plus dollars and the customer service was lousy. I am waiting for half.com to refund almost a hundred dollars for an item that never shipped. I feel like strangling the seller. Still waiting. sigh. How do you cope with waiting?

I have to wait in a relationship for the fellow to open up and trust me. He's usually worried if there is "someone else" or worry the recession will never lift. I waited years for this one fellow to drop his guard around me but his distrust gave me too many nightmares. He eventually dropped his guard but I just got resentful for having to wait that long and doing all the work in the relationship. I taught me not to pursue a man but have him pursue me or take turns doing the pursuing.... Looking at the clock and calendar. Man I can't stand the wait. My paycheck doesn't come til Friday and I need the $$$.

How do you cope with waiting? Do you consider yourself patient?

Newbie Dreaming girl is off to a good start Dreaming girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How patient are you?

Hi
    I have wait for someone that never showup
    I have wait for him all the week and never showup he seems dont worth it
    but in my eyes he worth it
    He worth All the waiting
    and I will never stop waiting for him
    do you want to know who ?
    I will not tell
    Your secret is your prisoner, if you let it out you become his prisoner

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreaming girl For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 28, 2010)

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

I consider myself fairly patient, though I guess it depends on the situation. If I'm really uncomfortable, then my patience goes out the window. Black Friday, for example. It was hella cold and windy last year, and my dad thought it was a good idea to start waiting in line at 11. At night. The night before. Needless to say, I got a little impatient here and there. But I got a laptop out of it!
    I think that patience is definitely a virtue, and is something to strive for. For some it's harder, and with some it takes a lot more discipline, just like procrastination (which I'm horrible with). I wonder if there's a connection. . .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BrightShadow_96 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 28, 2010)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I like to think I'm patient but then I end up waiting in a super long line and all hell breaks loose in my mind. >_<

I can be patient when dealing with people (IE: Confrontation) but I really hate waiting. It bothers me to no end and I wish I could give a reason why. I guess I just feel like I should get what I'm waiting in line for ASAP. I especially hate it when people hold up the line over some BS like, "I have these coupons but I need to cut them out. Do you have scissors?" Or, "I'm gonna pay for this $20 purchase with PENNIES!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 28, 2010)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say I'm probably more patient then some, I guess what gives me the illusion of patience is that I don't verbalize my impatience very often, no matter how angry or frustrated it's making me. I think the defining element of whether you think someone is patient or not is how long they can go before they have to reveal their impatience. So if I were to measure it from that standpoint, I'm very, very patient.

I'd say probably where I'm least patient is on the Internet actually, lol. Most of us have become accustomed to our blazing fast response times and whatnot that the concept of waiting drives us insane.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 28, 2010)

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    I consider myself fairly patient, though I guess it depends on the situation. If I'm really uncomfortable, then my patience goes out the window. Black Friday, for example. It was hella cold and windy last year, and my dad thought it was a good idea to start waiting in line at 11. At night. The night before. Needless to say, I got a little impatient here and there. But I got a laptop out of it!
    I think that patience is definitely a virtue, and is something to strive for. For some it's harder, and with some it takes a lot more discipline, just like procrastination (which I'm horrible with). I wonder if there's a connection. . .
    I think patience means waiting while procrastination is holding off when there no reason to. Gardeners are patient waiting for plants to grow, while an example of a procrastinator is Hamlet.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm generally not a patient person. I hate walking/driving behind slow people and having no way to pass them. I like to move at my own pace.

My job has helped with my patience though, you try walking an 80 yr old how to manually program a Blackberry over the phone. That takes some patience there.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zev For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 30, 2010)

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

Im really cool-headed , to outsiders that it is ...until they tick me off ...that nevr happened though except last year ,when we were playing hand ball and this idiot of a girl kept shouting at me just because I pushed her once ACCIDENTLY , at the end of the game ...man , I yelled like hell at her to shut the eff up .At home though ...thats another story....D

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarentai Kyoukan For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 01, 2010)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast