+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How well you know your area??

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

How well you know your area??

Haven't made a thread in a long time, so here goes:

Usually when a tourist visits a city or country, the tour guide would bring the tourist to the usual famous landmarks and places. But as we all know, every city has way more interesting places to go than where the tour guide shows.

So here the thread topic:

If a friend of yours is visiting you for the very first time, where would you take your friend besides the major places??

In your opinion, are there any: restaurants, events, and landmarks that your friends must absolutely see??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: How well you know your area??

Florida is BORING. Nothing goes on here, everything goes out. I honestly don't understand why people want to come here. Spring Break, it's all about Cocoa Beach and girls in Bikini's and guys going surfing. Fun.

Orlando is crappy; Disney. Yay!
    If anything, I'd take my "friend" to Miami or Tampa.. where all the fun exists.

Restaurants? Oh, man Japanese Steakhouses all the way. But of course, those things are everywhere. But if a friend ever came to visit.. I'd take them there to eat at least once.

Oh, and Busch Gardens.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post

Orlando is crappy; Disney. Yay!
    If anything, I'd take my "friend" to Miami or Tampa.. where all the fun exists.
    I mean, there must be specific things in Miami and Tampa that is worth seeing or doing. So can you be more specific??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Why? Are you planning to go to Miami or Tampa?

Tampa: Ybor City is a city of sin. MINOR compared to Las Vegas, but it's still something. Entertainment and clubs all around. And that is always fun.; Busch Gardens is the capital theme park for rollercoasters. 'Nuff said.

As for Miami. Miami never sleeps. The beaches are absolutely breathtaking, and the nightlife is somewhat decent.

However, wandering the streets of Tampa or Miami at night will make a person realize that there are many scary people living on this planet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Why? Are you planning to go to Miami or Tampa?

Tampa: Ybor City is a city of sin. MINOR compared to Las Vegas, but it's still something. Entertainment and clubs all around. And that is always fun.; Busch Gardens is the capital theme park for rollercoasters. 'Nuff said.

As for Miami. Miami never sleeps. The beaches are absolutely breathtaking, and the nightlife is somewhat decent.

However, wandering the streets of Tampa or Miami at night will make a person realize that there are many scary people living on this planet.
    Well you never know, I do want to travel the world some day. But my point was just to be a little more specific on certain places, not criticizing you at all. Okay, so for example, I'm from San Francisco. Usually, the tour guides will probably take you to the usual (transamerica building, cable cars, golden gate bridge, our AT&T ball park).

But if I were to show my friend some special places, I would take them to Fort Mason (an old army base) that some folks have said to be haunted. Twin peaks, where there is awesome view of the city at night. And maybe the "Green Room", it is a comedy club with the type of setting that you usually see in the beginning of Seinfeld episodes. Places like that.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Plenty of places where I am ^^. In driving distance to all major beaches, shopping centres. An hour will get you to the heart of the nearest major city and a famous Australian Zoo.

But as for the little things that a guide wont take you on, probably all the cute little boutique shopping areas with coffee shops and all the groovey markets on weekends, also all the 'not so secret anymore' surf beaches. I also found some pretty interesting hiking paths in my area too, so if they are up for a long walk we can go exploring.

I think a tourist should allow two weeks to visit my area! There are so many things to do around here, yet I get so little time to do anything myself lol

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Frankly, I wouldn't know where to bring tourists when they come to Malaysia. As an AFS returnee, I've been made to "look after" exchange students when they come and take them out off and on (i.e. act as the other babysitter aside from the host family)... and the one question that always bugs me is, "WHERE THE HELL DO I TAKE THEM???" I mean, really. Who wants to lumber around in a bored fashion outside the KL tower, get squashed in the crowd at a night market or wade in a polluted sea?? I suppose tourists would generally care less than I do, but I don't exactly want Malaysia to leave a bad impression of them.

So I end up taking them shopping. -__-

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I live in a small village so there's really not much to see, no restaurants or events, but if you visit Saulkalne, you really should see the mole, it's a great place, the river Daugava on one side, a beautiful, green mountin on the other.. and if the sun is setting at the time... ahh... so beautiful. Also evewryone should take a ride with the boat across the river to see the Isle of Death, it's a memorial to the people who died there in World War 2 and that's the greatest spot there...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast