+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How well you know your area??

Newbie Maze Walker is off to a good start Maze Walker's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: How well you know your area??

I live in a city of middle size, some people saying that our city Poltava is the cultural center of Ukrain, but... I really don't think so...And if I invited my friend here, I would show him\her some famous places in the center of a city and places where I'm walking a lot. But before showing something I think I need to ask him\her if he\she wants to see that or this.

...World of my imaginary is my birth place...

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How well you know your area??

if i had a friend visiting i would take them in town for the entire day, and i mean the entire day. i would start off by showing them the beaches (which is literally 5 min walk from the CBD), show them our beach pools (got like 3 of them, one of them is kinda destroyed, another was made by convicts, then we got the 'new-ish' one). then when its starting to get dark i would take them to one of the many restaurants that are around there (we got plenty to choice from). after that i would either see if they wanted to go to a pub or go night clubbing while where are still around there (we got decent night clubs).

but if they wanted a more peaceful and tranquil time here, i would most likely take them to foster (2 hr drive from here). i would definitely have to take them out on our boat we have there (nothing big or flashy) and take them around all the sand islands. then we could do a bit of fishing and to top it off we could do a bit of water tubing or knee skiing(since our boat is not fast enough to do anything else). then i could just dock the boat up in the city (lake goes through the city) so we can get some fish and chips and stuff.

so yea i guess i got plenty of things to do around here, only problem is... i really have no time to do half of those things anymore. sigh...

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I would of took my friend to my other friends that live near by, to the park, and other simple places like my secret hide out I go. But Weslaco is just a simple small place in Texas. It's like one step your out of the city.
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... here on the US I don't know the area pretty well yet to take a friend to a tour... however.... if she/he goes to my country (Costa Rica) definetely the first things that I'd take him/her to see is the beaches and the ports... OOOOOOOOOOH meeeeeeeeeeeen those are heavenly places... then I'd take him/ser to the tropical forests and the zoos... then the rivers.... There is so much to see and so much to travel to....!!!!! Oh... but if he/she goes to my natal town I'd lead him/her to the lil moutains that are behind the house that I used to live in... from the top of the mountain one can see the part of the central valley!! and It is sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Well... here on the US I don't know the area pretty well yet to take a friend to a tour...
    Haha, I don't think a lot of Americans know the entire country that well. I think knowing about your state is good enough.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in San Francisco, so there's a lot to do! ^_^

If I were to take a friend around and show them all the cool spots I hang out... hmmm...

I would show people Haight/Ashbury... Where all the hippies used to hang out. There are a lot of great shops to look through. Not to mention, the best pizza ever... Fat Slice. ((There are other Fat Slice pizzarias, but this one is awesome!))

ChinaTown is a must... There are a lot of great deals out there, and beautiful art.

Japan Center - for every lover of Japanese culture... You can find a lot of neat stuff there... The atmosphere is great, and the people are so friendly! And fabulous restaraunts. ^_^

There are a few other places... Just little stores and things I've found as I explore! ^_^

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Haha, I don't think a lot of Americans know the entire country that well. I think knowing about your state is good enough.
    What? Just knowing your state is not good enough! First off, if you lack knowledge about the world, let alone your own country, how sheltered is that person. That life seems boring and predictabel to me, just downright "Vanilla". Even if they don't know a whole lot, knwoing a bit is far more interesting than nothing.

I have lived in 2 countries, two states, travelled/step foot on 6 different countries(more to come), have travelled enough to say I have been in just about every state in America. That is something very memorable and exciting to a lot of people.

The current state I live in is Missouri. I hate it with a passion, but I can name off over 100 interesting places to visit. Waterfalls, caves, hiking, hot air ballooning, canoeing, kyaking, sledding, ice skating, musicals, hotels and tourists towns/cities, ..the list goes on. Of course I wouldn't bring a friend to all of them, but I would ask questiosn trying to figure out what they have and what they have not seen. Easy.

Depending on what state they would want to visit, checking out the watefalls and rivers is a must I think. Probably a float trip or canoeing/kyaking would be the best way. Massive caves are beautiful during the summer, especially the one located in Silver Dollar city. One of my friends is a church going person, so I could just bring him to one of the religious tourists attractions that host plays such as "The Passion of the Christ" and introduce him/her to the 120 foot statue of jesus that can be seen for miles. Playing pool or bowling/video gaming is easy and comfortable with the the privately owned and overlooked stores.

Major attractions are boring and cliche. Know you home town and state even if you don't want to. It doesn't seem very personal to me if you take a friend on a tour that they could have just looked up on the internet under the search of "Most famous tourist attractions".

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Well, I hail from apparently the most remote city in the world, Perth. There are a few things the usual tour guides can show you, including the Swan River, named after it's native black swans, & the Barrack St Jetty, complete with a Bell Tower of interesting design. Kings Park, overlooking Perth sitting on the banks of the Swan River, has a good variety of grassed parkland, native bush & structures including the water pool park & the DNA tower. You could look at the new Perth Convention & Exhibition Hall, but unless there's something going, like the GO3 gaming convertion & seminar, it's not that interesting. If you cross one of the bridges over the tracks north of Perth, you'll end up in Northbridge, home of our little Chinatown, as well as many fine resteraunts & nightclubs. Or if that's a bit too far, there's more than a few pubs & resteraunts in the CBD itself.

You could travel to Fremantle, the main South West WA port, & look at the old Fremantle Gaol (which is haunted), the landmarks around there, & the occational fancy ship that comes in. The last one I think was the USS KittyHawk, a US Aircraft Carrier. Or you could go out bush & see the, well the bush for starters. There's grand waterfalls to gawk at, Wine districts to stumble around in, along with all the other stuff the tour booklets will tell you about WA.

There are a few hidden secrets I know about though. Not as impresive as the major tourest hot spots. I can stand on my roof & look in the right directions to see native bush along with a couple of paddocks, though not quite as much as I used to be able to. And yet I'm only 21 Kilometers from the center of Perth as the crow flies. A few minutes walk takes me into untouched bushland, complete with a creek & animals, including Kangaroos if your lucky enough to see them.

There are labled cycling paths all over Perth if that's what your into, just look for the signs with "SE24" (South East trail No.24) or similar on them. We have a pretty good transport system,probably not the best, but it's alot better than what I've seen of New York's subway system. The worst you'll normally see on them is a group of kids quickly scratching their tags into the windows, only to try & jump off before the Security Guards catch them. There are many parks around the place, some suburbs have more than others, but you can usually find one if you look around.

Well, that's all I can think of right now, but I know there's more out here. Perth isn't the worst place to grow up in. Or visit for that matter. I'm more than happy to call it home. Still wouldn't mind traveling a bit though.
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast