+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Season

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Hunting Season

It's deer hunting season here in Minnesota. My father is both a hunter and fisherman. Growing up my family ate a lot of beef, chicken, and venison (deer meat). Surprisingly not pork though. Oh and fish.... lots of fish. Last night, in fact, I had some goose stew. And I HATE geese, but they taste good when they're cooked right.

My question is, how do feel about hunting animals?

Do think it is wrong? What about hunting for sport? Is there a difference?

Also, how do you feel about wearing furs, and displaying hides (and other animal parts)?

I feel, as long as you eat the meat, there is nothing wrong with making use of the rest. But if you didn't eat it.... Don't wear it.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hunting Season

I guess here in Australia, we're not as into hunting as the Americans. It does happen around the rural parts of Australia, but here in the city, you'd garner a few weird looks if you said you were going hunting for animals. I'm personally not a fan of hunting animals, because not all hunters are experienced and as such, might lead to the slow and agonizing death of animals. If the animal died a swift and painless death, then by my standards, that's tolerable. I'm not a vegetarian, so I won't go so far as to say that killing animals in itself is wrong, but there are people who kill for the glory of killing, and not just for a sport. That can't be healthy, if you catch my drift.

Wearing furs, on the other hand? I can't tell which are real and which are fake, but something about wearing fur, real or fake, revolts me. Knowing that you're wearing the skin of a once-living being, is quite sickening. I have a pet dog, and if someone were to take his fur and wear it.. Oh, yuck, and just wait 'til I hunt them down.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    It's deer hunting season here in Minnesota. My father is both a hunter and fisherman. Growing up my family ate a lot of beef, chicken, and venison (deer meat). Surprisingly not pork though. Oh and fish.... lots of fish. Last night, in fact, I had some goose stew. And I HATE geese, but they taste good when they're cooked right.

Also, how do you feel about wearing furs, and displaying hides (and other animal parts)?

I feel, as long as you eat the meat, there is nothing wrong with making use of the rest. But if you didn't eat it.... Don't wear it.
    T_T Poor dears and other animals.

XD

Hunting animals is one thing people do for a living. I don't really mind that they're doing it because they have to live. But what I do mind is that some people do it for fun. Which is very unreasonable btw.

Wearing furs..? I don't really know. Since we have don't have any winter season here, I don't really know what to say about coat furs..etc.

All in all, I think that hunting may be good and also bad in some terms.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

My family never needed to hunt to live. And I'm pretty sure my dad enjoys it... it gives him an excuse to get out in the wild. To strategize. Hunting is exciting... there is the thrill of a successful kill. And while, we don't need deer meat to live (we could buy other meat at the market). We always make use of the meat.

I'm personally not a fan of hunting animals, because not all hunters are experienced and as such, might lead to the slow and agonizing death of animals.
    Do you feel the same when it comes to animals killing eachother? I watched a hawk catching a small bird the other day.... I'm sure that bird did not die instantly. The prey of the hunt isn't promised anything in nature.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well I'm not really sure how it works in America, but I know that in Scotland we use hunting to help maintain Deer Population sizes due to lack of predators. I have no problem with Hunting Animals as long as it isn't a wasted life; ie the meat gets used and not just left to rot.

I've been Deer hunting once and it took ages to bag one; possibly because I had a tendancy to shout JOHN RAMBO before bursting out of the bushes (Joke: I just really sucked), but we gutted and cooked the Deer that night. Braw!

I actually prefer Hawking, which is catching Rabbits, Wood Pigeons and other small animals with a Bird of Prey.

I do hate Fox hunting however. How'd those snobs like to get chased by dogs for miles and then just ripped apart then left as a wasted life?
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ well, i'm from Southern California, so that's like a whole 'nother realm for me! a lot of guys at my old school seemed to like hunting, but i'm not sure where they went to do so.

i have no problem with hunting as long as it's the proper time, and the animals being hunted are not endangered in anyway. humans have always hunted since after the Flood, and it's perfectly appropriate to eat what they kill.

as for displays and such, it's not my style, but as long as there's an awesome story to tell, then it seems appropriate.

however, i'm kindof against furs being worn for fashion purposes... T_T mostly becuz all my favorite animals seem to make great coats (Foxes, Sea Otters, Leopards, etc.)

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Angry Re: Hunting Season

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post

I personally can't stand when people hunt...
    I mean the more animals people hunt these day's, the more the animals will become rare endangered species...
    As for wearing, or even using furs, if you were someone i knew, and you had something like that, no matter if it's real or fake, i would most likely burn it.

(I'm not a tree hugger, either, i just love animals)

Thanks

I mean the more animals people hunt these day's, the more the animals will become rare endangered species...
    What muffin said about Scottland is also ture here in Minnesota. Hunting deer keeps their population in control. Without hunters, deer turn into 300 lbs. pests in rural areas. I've even seen one leaping through one of the busiest cuty streets. Hunting means fewer car accidents. Heck some peole even think deer hunting even is good for our local economy...
    Deer hunting boosts local economy |  DL-Online  | Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast