+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Season

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hunting Season

I feel as though hunting for sport is a waste of time. There's no reason to behead a buck and leave the rest to rot.

I've been raised with the idea that if i am to hunt i should "kill it and grill it"

This means use whatever you can from the carcass and leave the rest in a spot where you are sure a scavenger will get to it.

Therefore, to sum it all up, as long as you use what you can from the carcass of whatever you kill, then i see no problem in proudly displaying the head of your prey at home.
    Why hello there!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Abu Dhabi, I am from Southern California, and I know people who like to hunt. But those I do know who hunt usually eat the meat so that it is not a waist, or do it to keep the population in check and is the right time. Now they don't need to do this in order to live, they do it for the sport, but at least nothing goes to waist. Also there are strict regulations when it comes to hunting. Such as you can not kill a dough (Female dear) or a faun (Baby dear) only bucks you can hunt (Male dear). Any violation of the laws in place you can serve jail time for and a very high fine.

As for fur clothing, I highly disapprove of. As long as you were the one who killed the animal and made use of the rest of the parts and then decided to make a fur hat or what ever then I am fine with it. But for commercial applications I will have to say no to.

So my verdict on hunting is that it's acceptable and have no problem with it.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Do you feel the same when it comes to animals killing eachother? I watched a hawk catching a small bird the other day.... I'm sure that bird did not die instantly. The prey of the hunt isn't promised anything in nature.
    Animals killing each other is saddening, but I guess you could say that it's natural. The food chain is an organic phenomenon. Predators and their prey will always exist, no matter where you go. I don't like the idea of killing at all though, especially because the prey will most likely die a slow and agonizing death.

I don't see animals killing each other very often, but I once saw two crows attacking a pigeon on my way to the train station, and consequently, more crows came and ate the bird in front of me. By the time I arrived however, the pigeon was already on the ground, bleeding profusely, and it wasn't moving, so I assumed that it was close to death, if not, already dead. I felt guilty for not being there earlier; I should have been able to save the bird. They're such likable birds too, so people-friendly. Crows, on the other hand, especially around my area, are known to be vicious, so everyone's wary of them. Especially when they flock together, we're advised to leave them alone.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is wrong to kill animals because, there living too like us. So, to me it's like killing a human. And, i think hunting is a very bad sport because, it involves killing. And, i wear fake fur. Not real.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well we Humans are animals, just intelligent animals. So as long as Humans kills another animal (other then another human) and makes use of their kill, then it is no different then a Bear or Wolf bring down their pray. We kill animals in order to survive as well, we kill chickens, eat their eggs, fish, dear, cows... The list goes on. We do this in order to live. Now the argument is well Humans can also eat fruits and veggies. But then arnt you killing plants now? The fact is this. Something must die in order for something else to live. Also plants kill other plants by competing with each other, one wins out, the other one dies which the plants around the dead plant feeds off of. Yes plants need sunlight to creat photosinthosis, how ever that is only half of the steps for how they creat their food. The other half is nutriants in the soil. And do you know what these nutriants are? Dead plants and animals. What do you think mulch and fertilizer is? Ground up plant matter eaten by cows and other live stock that has been ejected out the other end. So if people are so head strong against killing other animals, then what are they going to do about it, starve? You will then just be food for plants and animals and bacteria. Killing in order to survive is a natural part of life; it's something you must do in order to live, like breathing.

Just a note, I am not trying to sway any one at all, just giving people something to think about.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

im fine with it, I grew up with hunters, fisherman, farmers...and the such, so killing animals doesnt bother me that much. Its animal instintc really, its the basis of living, and surviving. It bothers me when it comes to the cleaning, and other gross things you have to do to make it eatable.

i think it depends on the situation. For some areas its killing off popluation, while in others its cutting it down. Sometimes, things go out of whack and it messes with the ecosystem. Like some areas are running out of animals that other predators eat, and so they attack other game like humans. Others have to much popluation, and not much option but to kill them for meat houses. Its all balance.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clover For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 11, 2008)

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

My question is, how do feel about hunting animals?.
    I don't see it as a bad thing, like what posters before me have already said, so long as none of it goes to waste it's ok. We use hunting over here to get rid of some of our feral animal populations (pigs, rabbits)

Do you feel the same when it comes to animals killing eachother? I watched a hawk catching a small bird the other day.... I'm sure that bird did not die instantly. The prey of the hunt isn't promised anything in nature.
    You bring up a really good point. But as humans we do have the power to make it easier for the hunted I guess. I mean we don't watch our pets suffer when they are in pain. lol I'm a bit of a squib, I hate seeing any animal suffer - I always tell my cousins when they go out hunting to make sure it's quick as possible for the animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Well I'm not really sure how it works in America, but I know that in Scotland we use hunting to help maintain Deer Population sizes due to lack of predators. I have no problem with Hunting Animals as long as it isn't a wasted life; ie the meat gets used and not just left to rot.
    There was talk about doing the same thing with Kangaroo's over here, some areas they are in plague proportion..but no apparently its a bad thing to eat your national emblem..lol

Otaku Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion, Zizzo Challenge Champion, Zwill Champion, Aragon Dragon Champion KingAnime is off to a good start
    Thanks

I feel that hunting animals is just away of life for some people and for others it is just a game.

I dont think hunting animals is wrong, unless you are just doing it for a sport, the diffrence would probably be for fun and having a head on the wall or because you need something to eat.

My great granparents are native americans and they used the fur hide off deer for drums and clothing, but i don't really care if people wear it or not its there choice.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast