+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hunting Season

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hunting Season

I dont mind if you hunt and actually use everything.
    but when you hunt just to do better than someone else thats just wrong to me. I feel as if your killing a life to better your own social statis amongs your friends. I just dont believe that is right.
    Im more for hunting to keep animal populations from getting too large.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princess View Post
    when you hunt just to do better than someone else thats just wrong to me. I feel as if your killing a life to better your own social statis amongs your friends. I just dont believe that is right.
    Im more for hunting to keep animal populations from getting too large.
    I guess I don't get it...

A person who is hunting.... could be helping control population, using all the meat... AND having friendly competition with his fellow hunters. Y'know... for bragging rights. What is so wrong with that? These things take alot of skill. Good hunting is something to be proud of!

If you catch a big fish you take a picture, for social purposes.
    Same goes for taking pride in big buck....

What is so wrong with that?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I myself don't have a problem with hunting. I mean nature in itself involves killing. Just watch the Animal channel and you will find plenty of examples of where a predator takes down its prey. It's all apart of the food chain.

If an individual takes pleasure in hunting and I would hope that after making a kill he makes use of the kill then I have no problem. In this case, it's just apart of the food chain in my opinion.

I do have a problem with hunters who kill animals and then make no use of the animal afterward. If you are going to kill a deer then eat the deer and if you going shoot the duck then eat the duck. I mean killing animals just to kill animals is a bit sadistic to me.

Otherwise, I don't have a problem with hunters. The only situation I can think of that would make me against hunting period is if an animal species was close to extinction due to excess hunting. Then I would have a major problem but I don't see that happening any time soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3