+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hybrid cars

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: hybrid cars

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    you are very light on the pedal...i've seen the averages around here, and even in the car mags and ave looks to be avout 40mpg...also note that the old standard of MPG has been updated to better reflect real world driving styles, and everyones MPG has droped as a result.
    Thats true, as I try to stay within 5 MPH of the posted speed limit. If I drive like all the other fools on the freeway, I can easily drop the gas mileage down to the low 40s, (which is still much better then what those speeding SUVs are getting!!!) The default information display shows a real time display of what your current gas mileage over the previous 5 seconds that is constantly updated. And you would be amazed just how much better your gas mileage is when you keep your speeds at less then 60 MPH. (And this applies to any car, not just the Prius!!!)

The other thing is that my commute to work is 40 minutes or longer on the average. The Prius doesn't start pulling excellent gas mileage until its fully warmed up, which takes about 10 minutes of continuous driving. Because of this, for short distance commutes (as reported by fellow Prius drivers at work) the Prius will average in the low 40s. My travel distance is long enough for the high efficiency mode to make a difference...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

wow so much i didnt know about it.......Maybe you could recommend a car for me and my aunt?
    We bolth live on long Island witch is a suberbin area.

For me i dont drive much. the logiest straight drive i will do is an hour and 15 min in one way stop for about 15-30 min then the same back with a second stop on the way going mainly on 2 highways for about 45 min both ways and the rest on main roads. the rest of the time i usually only drive about 15-45 min going on both highway and main roads.

For my aunt shes the same way but about twice a year we go to see some family witch takes 3 hour on nothing but highways for about 2 hours and 45 min stopping only for food (not always) and tolls. Beyond this she drives like i do except for the long drive i do.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Right now, the only high gas mileage cars that are available are the Toyota Prius and the Honda Civic hybrid. Toyota has already announced that for the 2010-2011 model year, they plan to introduce a Yaris sized hybrid. Honda also plans to produce a replacement for their two seater hybrid sometime before the end of the decade as well...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

well whats your price point? and what mpg are you aiming at, as far as hybrids go, as LenMiyata pointed out the civic hybrid and prius are top picks at 40.7 and 41 mpg respectively (road & track) but dont forget the camry hybrid(37.3mpg) and the highlander/rx400h hybrids. now out side the realm of hybrids the mpgs drop like a rock. Toyota Yaris nets 32.3mpg,Scion XB got 33mpg-redesigned for 2007 the new one uses the 2.4 motor like the TC and gets 22/28 city/highway...the new for2007 XD will follow the format of the yaris and expect the same mpg. Nissan has the new Versa which gets 32.5 mpg, need somthing bigger the Altima hybrid gets 37mpg(estimated)...the Honda Fit gets 28.5 and a stock civic nabs 25mpg give or take...these cars listed ranges from 15-28k did i miss anything?? just ask.
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2