+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I want my TV back!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I want my TV back!

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Makes me glad that Canada only has 30 days for politions to have thier election campaigns, then we vote, and its all over, and the next leader takes power the next day.

I have no Idea why the American people stand for the government wasting your time with an almost 2 year election campaign. It makes no sence to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    I absolutely agree. A two year campaign? That's a whole lot of time and effort wasted. I mean, sure, it's important and everything, but 24 months is pushing it. I guess the only explanation is that it's a big country, and so the candidates need the time to make the rounds. Do they really visit every state in the country, or just the major ones?
    Well at least I'm not the only one going 'wth' and the American system. My thought is always the money and how much of it is wasted on campaigning, sure it's probably needed to get the people to whose campaigning, plus the population size , but still when you think of all the starving children and people who can't afford health care xD

I'm just glad that Aussies don't have to go through that, purely because I don't think I could sit through more than a year of political advertising. The parties choose their leader to go to the polls and if they pick the wrong one, well that's just political suicide for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    I'm not in the United States, but even here in Australia, we hear about the US election all the time. It's in the news, the newspapers, gossip magazines, you name it. I'm still not entirely sure why they broadcast it so publicly here in Australia, because while it's nice to know what's going in the world, I honestly don't think we need to publicize it as much as we do. The US election might be on par with the amount of media attention we give our own elections. I'm starting to think that I know more about Obama and McCain than I know about my own Prime Minister, the lovely Kevin Rudd.
    Well I think it's partly because of the economics, and it will effect us somewhat, whatever policies that come out of America (we live in a globalise environment). But also because if Obama gets in - we'll be witnessing something historic/epic - and who wants to miss that?

I can't stand political advertising. To the point I change the channel or switch off entirely. Can't stand seeing politicians talk about polices that they might never actually put into place

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I'm just glad that Aussies don't have to go through that, purely because I don't think I could sit through more than a year of political advertising. The parties choose their leader to go to the polls and if they pick the wrong one, well that's just political suicide for them.
    We don't get a whole lot of political ads, but I do remember the Labour one, the most effective in my opinion - the ad with the old lady calling out for the nurse in an empty hospital corridor pretty much sealed Rudd's victory. That was all BS on Labour's behalf, but either way, I'm not complaining. Ruddy's been pretty good to us.

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I can't stand political advertising. To the point I change the channel or switch off entirely. Can't stand seeing politicians talk about polices that they might never actually put into place
    Political adversiting is boring alright, but the cartoons that come out of the campaigns are entertaining. Palin is being mocked endlessly. Perhaps I should feel a tad bit of female indignation on her behalf, but for politics, I have none.

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Who else here--in the US--is tired of having to sit through 100 political commercials a day? I'm so damn tired of seeing/hearing, "What's-his-face voted yes/no for this," or "So-and-so hates puppies," then there's the classic, "You'll pay more taxes!"

Every four years, it's the same ol' garbage. I feel like if you don't watch commercials, you're stealing television (much like Homer Simpson). However, I'll steal TV, if it means I can watch it without hearing some goofy looking politician's repetitive phrases. "I'm atomik_sprout and I approve this discussion." WTF?

Who wants thier TV back? Who's ready for Tuesday to be done and over with?

Lol..yesh! i cant wait til this stuff is all over too!!..but u know we arent gonna get our basic tv back ..not just yet..we still have Thankzsgiving commericals, Christmas Commmericasl ,,and Happy new years commericals..O.o..its gonna be craZY..actually they have already started the christmas ones..in Jan we will be back to normal..lol ,,hopefully

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    If you are telling me it's him that is even funnier. linky?
    Its really Sprout, I know his face, but still it's ironic and funny as hell at the same time. Most likely did it unperpose for this thread.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

There's nothing on tv most of the time,so I don't care. The commercials with Mc Cain do get annoying tho. I'm like I don't care old man I'm not old enough to vote and I wouldn't vote for u. I voted in the mock-election. That doesn't count...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

well rejoice now!!!! the elections are over with, Obama won... now our TV is going to be beck to normal.... back to the amazing reality shows... great!.... i think I rather go back to elections....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3