+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: if "love" is the answer, what is the question?

Newbie FizzySid is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: if "love" is the answer, what is the question?

Maybe;
    Love is a universal thing, right? So even a complete idiot will know how to love, and has the capability of doing it well, despite their intellectual weaknesses...
    And we all know that love makes us silly! Even for the most clever person in the world, we all recognise that feeling of dizziness and 'I don't know what to do with myself'! You lose your strength and are left feeling soft and gooey, and you can't even think straight! Besides, we'd do anything for love... And that includes things that are plainly idiotic! Hehe...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Sadly, honestly, luckily, truthfully ...
    Love is not the answer to everything. If love is an answer to some things, the question is, "Is the love powerful enough? Is it really valued, or is it just a reprimand? Or is it just an amalgamation of selfishness and disloyalty?"

Also, the notion of the "perfect one", "soul mate" and "true love" is anything but possible.

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

I agree to disagree with that rave.
    "the notion of the "perfect one", "soul mate" and "true love" is anything but possible."

That's a flat out lie. People find true love all the time. It's when you find someone who you love no matter what they do to you, who is always by your side, who cares more about you and your safety then they do their own lives. It's when you find yourself falling head over heals in love without an explination. There are so many ways to describe it, each person with their own way i'm sure but the simple fact remains that true love is out there... I guess you just haven't felt it yet.

I agree with this...
    "Love is not the answer to everything."

TO me the question would be: "What's that feeling, that one where you have a small tug on your heart... but you don't know why?"
    The answer: Love
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Answer: Crush

True love in general a person who loves you back immenely out of all the people you have met in your life. It can be more than a 100 people if it has to, when you travel around the world and spend adequate amount of time with each person. True love is a theory. When you love a person a lot, and he/she loves you back, people might automatically think that it is truelove, when in fact it can be temporary; if it is not then it's strong love. "True" love is rare. Extremely rare.
    And people don't find true loveall the time... that's a general statement xP

Newbie SlrMnLvr89 is off to a good start
    Thanks

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggg
    Last edited by SlrMnLvr89; Mar 24, 2008 at 11:51 AM.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

- for what you are going to sacrifice yourself -
    or we can say
    - what is the reason of the kind looks on these two's faces -
    ** love **
    ..... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i honestly can't answer that question seriously, for my mind doesnt really have a question for why love is the answer. however, i will delve into DMC 4 with this.

click to show spoiler
    Why hello there!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FizzySid View Post
    That's a good way of thinking about it. *points upwards*

All of us feel the need to be loved and nurtured, and love and nurture others. Humans naturally wish for company, and build strong emotional attachments. When one attachment is broken, we panic, and feel the need to form another to soothe our fear of loneliness.
    Initially, the breaking of an attachment however, makes us feel a level of distrust, as we fear that any further bonds we form shall be broken in an equally painful way.
    HOWEVER, When coming out of a painful relationship, I'm sure many of us have said or thought to ourselves; 'Never again...', though in all honesty, do we ever stick to it? I believe that our need for such emotional involvement with other beings overcomes any other aspirations or senses of self worth, thus giving the answer; Love is quite literally what we live for.
    Saying this, 'what we live for' and 'the meaning of life' are two completely different things. The meaning of life is the absolute unknown, so whether the meaning of life is to love, or something completely different... Well, that's just an un-answerable question!
    So true, so true. We often find ourselves in and out of love quite often. And when we DO have those heartbreaking, stomach churning moments; we all--well, most of us anyway--say things like, "That's not gonna happen to me EVER AGAIN," or, "I'm just gonna remain alone, screw relationships!" But 8 times out of 10, we end up being sucked right back in. Why? Because we all want to be loved, to feel special, to be nurtured and to be kept company. We all hate being alone deep down inside, which drives most to end up in crappy relationships they can't get out of, due to fear of being lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    alright man, time for my answer.

the question of love isn't a question man. it's totally rhetorical.

there are so many questions attached to the basic question of love, so don't question it at all. it's pondering infinity, totally a bogus job.

but anyway, as an almost complete contradiction of what i just said...

security. intimacy. completion. guidance. trust. support. desire.

that's it. the parts of you that you're missing, love is the answer to the emptiness inside that can never be self-fulfilled. it's what you can't give yourself and what you desire most but don't have.

it's really narcissistic. seeking outward assistance to fully complete yourself. a way of working out your flaws and achieving a sense of serenity. it's harsh when you thinking about.

you're using the ones you love.

so, like you said, if love is answer, it's matching question is

'what am i missing?'
    Also true!

Out of that fear of being alone and the want/need to feel secure, we basically use others to get that feeling. It's not like we're maliciously taking people's feelings and just claiming that we love them--though I know of some ass hats who have done that--and we're not trying to get anything of monetary value (though I know some ass hats who do), but when push comes to shove; you're using your loved one. Good way to look at it, Flawed! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    The question that would answer with love would be "What is it that humans posses that demons lack?"
    Hmm... That's a great way to think about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast