+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you can see into the future

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If you can see into the future

I do not want to see in the future. I do not want to know. You lose adventure that way for one, and if it is bad you will work tirelessly to fix it (but it'll inevitably happen). I mean, look at the Greek tragedies: Character X goes to the Oracle and hears horrible tidings. X tries to keep it from happening and causes unnecessary drama, pain, etc. It happens anyway and everyone is miserable. Case in point: Oedipus Rex. Read it. See what I mean.

No, I do not want to see the future. Not now. Not ever. I don't want to know how or when I die, I don't want to know who I marry, I don't want to know. Let it be a surprise.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    seeing into the futre doesn't seem very practical to me. The main reason being whatever future we see is simply one future of many. There are many outcomes because of decisions made by everyone. So who knows, you might see Global Warming take over, but in reality global warming may be solved and the only thing taking over the earth is a new non pollutant fuel source. who knows?

if i could see into the future, i would never bother. The future is a mystery and will always remain that way.
    good logic ^.^
    but D.P. just saying... well what if you know that you will die because of a car or something like two years from now you can take the steps so you were never in the way of that car and live your life longer (and mybe happier) well thats just what I think >.<
    death and life are one and the same

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

That is actually a question that I have always pondered about...
    I do not know what lays ahead for our future..who knows what might happen...
    But what I would want to see is that the "war" in Iraq would be over, that the U.S. or any other country would not be so dependent on foreign oil and just that the world that we are living in now would become better and safer.....more peace than hostility and tension......more focus on the technology and the improving the world.....minimizing the percent of homelessness and now being worried about the gas prices or food prices going up....things like that...that we apparently lack right now
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to see how nature has faired. Also whether or not we ever make it inot space (though personally I think the Government should have spent more money on space exploration than the War in Iraq).

Otaku Dragon Dash Champion, Gems Hexic Revisited Champion, Infex Champion mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd go to vegas and get fithy rich, and maybe try the lottory. Money Money Money Money muhahahahahaha!
    the power of a small program making cool stuff. Viva La Flash and MS Paints

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Pff, I already can look into the future, sadly thought I can only look one second into it at a time.

However back to a serious response, honestly I wouldn't want to see it. It'd totally just make the whole experiance of living not fun and uneventful for me (Even though it would show events coming up...it'd be boring for me). So really, screw the future, we have the Present for a reason. LIVE IT! >O

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ok this question comes into two sections for me...

Section 1:
    If i looked into the future it could change because i belive we make our own destinies and we aren't all in a plan we are all free! So thats my point, and it would be pointless looking into a future that maybe could not exsist, but i wouldn't like looking into the future because it spoils my life and to whats going to happen in it. However i am to nosey and curiouse NOT to look into the future in certain parts of my life so here goes.

Section 2:
    2030: If i looked into the future i would look for me and how i am doing my sucsess my family if i have any children, also what has happened in the world where i live what globabl warming has done, If we really do exsist still at that point.

3000: Just to check if we really do live underwater no this date to see what has happened with my family and to see if they still remember me, what has happened to this planet any new designes solar powered cars etc.

1,000,000: To see if earth is htere and any new life forms anything diffrent to what is normal on earth, to see if we ahve really developed as much as we say we will, to see if anything exsists on earth to see if i still have a family down there!

All this would be fine with me haha...

Newbie Helling is off to a good start Helling's Avatar
    Thanks

I cinda can see into the future but it only happens at random and when i go to sleep I have dreams that I cant remeber in the morning but it happens in real life like a dayzavue or whatever you say it. No i dont want to see into the future but i do want to go there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast